Su-25 Frogfoot in FC3 - Cold War Warrior Campaign with Tacview

Bunyap

• 1 month later...

I had the opportunity to catch up with this series and a really love to watch these videos.

I particularly enjoyed #9 and seeing your tension in the ingress and how it fell off at egress. This is exactly what I wanted to achieve when I created this campaign. We twice flew this campaign as 4 player coop in my squad in the past, and time and time again I could observe this at my squad mates. Conceptually the missions are actually really simple, fly in, drop ordinance, fly out. Yet there is this hair raising tension as you approach the IP, following your well briefed plan becomes hard work and suddenly time and events just race by you. And as you pull off target and put some distance behind you, you realize how strong your sweaty grip on your flight stick has been. I am so glad to see that this also worked for you :)

I had the opportunity to catch up with this series and a really love to watch these videos.

I particularly enjoyed #9 and seeing your tension in the ingress and how it fell off at egress. This is exactly what I wanted to achieve when I created this campaign. We twice flew this campaign as 4 player coop in my squad in the past, and time and time again I could observe this at my squad mates. Conceptually the missions are actually really simple, fly in, drop ordinance, fly out. Yet there is this hair raising tension as you approach the IP, following your well briefed plan becomes hard work and suddenly time and events just race by you. And as you pull off target and put some distance behind you, you realize how strong your sweaty grip on your flight stick has been. I am so glad to see that this also worked for you :)

Sorry for going of topic here but I don't get the chance to speak with campaign creators much :)

Have you done other campaigns as well? and will you make more campaigns in the future?

I really dig this campaign. Hope to see more.

Thanks!

I want to add a comment about the well use of the Laser guided weapons with the Su-25A. Seem to be tricked and buggy the Laser weapons. I did a question about that and is not a real answer about that, even from ED. So the laser weapons is a new home work, even for old Su-25A pilots.

So after time to manage the laser guidance, The conclusion for me is we need to be aligned the best as we can aiming the target. After the launch and guidance, we cant do a hard correction to our diving flight.

To get a good strike on the Bridge you need aim your laser designator to the external edge (lets say opposite edge with respect our plane)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for going of topic here but I don't get the chance to speak with campaign creators much :)

Have you done other campaigns as well? and will you make more campaigns in the future?

I really dig this campaign. Hope to see more.

Thanks!

I don't want to hijack Bunypa's thread for his excellent videos for too long. The Cold War Warrior and Guardians of the Caucaus campaigns have been my most recent ones. I did a lot of other stuff before, but I do not think much of this has survived the DCS evolution in a still functioning shape. I think I had some cool ideas for helo missions:

ASW Training Course

Strait of Kerch ASW Barrier

Abandon Ship

Nukleare Teilhabe

I am currently taking a break from DCS mission building since a couple of months, as I am pretty burnt out from scenarios for the old Black Sea map. I am now eagerly awaiting the upcomming releases from Leatherneck, both their new map and aircraft. There is a pretty good chance that I will make a campaign for whatever they come up with.

The MiG-21bis is well worth it by the way. In my opinion the most fun aircraft in DCS. Perhaps Bunyap will give it a go in the Guardians campaign at some point :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

does anyone know how to open the su25 manual in the simulation? Like seen here:

Other than that:

This is a very cool series of videos. Very well done with the commentary and the tacview overview. Helps a lot to grasp the situation and understand the whole scenario.

After watching the first few videos here, I decided to get tacview myself. I must say, its realy great, especially for a noob like me. Now I can actually understand why I wrecked my plane, or got shot down. :)