Can I remove smoke from vehicles off-road

Quip

Hey

I have a very specific need, and I know it's frowned upon. But I would like to be able to remove the smoke that's generated by vehicles driving off-road.

I know this isn't a function in the game itself. But does anyone know how to do this by editing any of the files in the game?

Thanks!

Would slowing them down not achieve the same goal possibly ?? I seem to recall they only create dust after a certain speed ? Been a while since I paid attention to that tho I must be honest.

That didn't really solve my problem. I didn't say "remove the smoke when there is none" ;)

The smoke is generated on all "off-road" terrain, even granite, but not dirt roads, at speeds higher than 6 knots. I need to move faster than that :)

I can explain:

We have a "For fun only" mission in which aircraft using dumb weapons only are supposed to chase a human driven vehicle (using CA). To their help they have 2 spotter helicopters.

The problem is that the vehicle is too easy to spot on anything but roads. So I want to find a way to remove the dust entirely (or reduce it a lot).