PLEASE update the caucasus airbases

flanker1

ED, the dcs world looks so fantastic - the landscape, the villages, the towns and forests. . . so much love to the detail, but the lockon era and outdated looking airbases destroy the look and feel when on ground. especially the run and taxiways and the shelter areas. please update all the airbases finally, give them the love they deserve. give them the cold war era style and finish, this would be so amazing and i think with a little effort there will be amazing results!

• Like 1

I'm seeing the results of a lot of ongoing work on my favorite map . Base equipment and personnel , to name two , and i find the ground textures amazing .

Despite having three maps , I spend 95% of my time in the Caucasus . Maybe ED should make NTTR the free map :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

ED, the dcs world looks so fantastic - the landscape, the villages, the towns and forests. . . so much love to the detail, but the lockon era and outdated looking airbases destroy the look and feel when on ground. especially the run and taxiways and the shelter areas. please update all the airbases finally, give them the love they deserve. give them the cold war era style and finish, this would be so amazing and i think with a little effort there will be amazing results!

+ :thumbup::thumbup:

this is what I've been saying since 2.5 was released, caucasus in 2.5 is very beautiful but the airbase and their insfrastructueres look like play-station 1 graphics era.....

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I'm seeing the results of a lot of ongoing work on my favorite map . Base equipment and personnel , to name two , and i find the ground textures amazing .

Despite having three maps , I spend 95% of my time in the Caucasus . Maybe ED should make NTTR the free map :)

definitely a great idea, just switch the nevada map for free instead of caucasus - i will definitely pay for a caucasus update!!

What kind of weird business model is that? A product that used to cost money now becomes free and a free product nows costs money?

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

What kind of weird business model is that? A product that used to cost money now becomes free and a free product nows costs money?

far more users play prefer caucasus over nevada. . . and for sure, willing to pay for an update/upgrade. any questions?

maybe also helping ED to earn some money and let our hobby being alive for many many years with a lot of new modules/maps etc. . .

far more users prefer caucasus over nevada. . . and for sure, willing to pay for an update/upgrade. any questions?

I wont deny the first one, its also far more interesting as a combat theater. But I am pretty sure not that many people want to pay for the Caucasus, especially only updated airbases. And it still doesnt make sense if you ask me.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I wont deny the first one, its also far more interesting as a combat theater. But I am pretty sure not that many people want to pay for the Caucasus, especially only updated airbases. And it still doesnt make sense if you ask me.

ok, maybe you are right. in this case - maybe ED or 3rd party dev can give an option for "updated and in best case populated airbases in caucasus" to pay for.

not only stupid sand. . . and concrete. . .

I find this a bit short sighted, despite Nevada having 'empty' desert, its a very well done map with a lot of attention to detail given to, as you are requesting for Caucasus, to the airbases and Las Vegas has been done very well too, not to mention the other places of interest, like the Hoover Dam and Groom Lake.

Erich Fromm

i guess it s quite more nice and interesting with its different areas, towns, mountains, hills, sea, ports, forests, . . . more "real world" feeling. . . not only stupid sand. . . and concrete. . .

I only play the desert maps because they are much more special, have more detail, actual buildings/structures represented.

While Caucasus has the very same building models all over the map and is only reworked in terms of graphics, 3d and texture art, etc.

A new dam here and SpeedTrees there but overall it's still based on the old Caucasus "layout" design.

Just like MrDieing said.

Edited by Texac

I only play the desert maps because they are much more special, have more detail, actual buildings/structures represented.

While Caucasus has the very same building models all over the map and is only reworked in terms of graphics, 3d and texture art, etc.

A new dam here and SpeedTrees there but overall it's still based on the old Caucasus "layout" design.

Just like MrDieing said.

in case of details you are absolutely right, but i prefer a theater which belongs more to my home area, europe. we need that details for caucasus too.

far more users play prefer caucasus over nevada. . . and for sure, willing to pay for an update/upgrade. any questions?

maybe also helping ED to earn some money and let our hobby being alive for many many years with a lot of new modules/maps etc. . .

I tell you that nothing in the Caucasus with Nevada is 2 different things the Caucasus and war territory and the nevada instead and territory of experiments like u2 - r71 - b2 - ufo tecnology TR-3B or project aurora.

No. I've got all maps but spend 99% of time on caucasus

I second that ! I have PG , NTTR . About the only time i use PG is to test settings low over Dubai . It's been months since i used NTTR , and when I did , it was mostly touring flights in a L39 .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

A lot of stuff which ED has done have questionable long time turn effect.

I too think it would have been better if NTTR is free and Caucasus paid. NTTR has the training and learning vive with it.... Only squadrons used it anyway... Except for that odd public server, which stays empty.

Don't even get my started on trainer aircraft

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

+1 to the original post. I'd love to see these updated. Objects that you can get via mods like the VPC Airfield objects in the default sim would be amazing.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

A lot of stuff which ED has done have questionable long time turn effect.

I too think it would have been better if NTTR is free and Caucasus paid. NTTR has the training and learning vive with it.... Only squadrons used it anyway... Except for that odd public server, which stays empty.

Don't even get my started on trainer aircraft

This doesn't really make sense. The Caucasus map came first and had existing content while NTTR was originally made as an add on and had no existing content. Switching the maps around would have locked all existing user mission content behind a paywall.

Also, there is really no advantage that the Caucasus has over NTTR for mission making, except water (which could also make the Caucasus the better choice for a free map to all as it allows naval operations). NTTR is uses for training, but those training missions can be made to resemble a real mission, and from a DCS cockpit they can be indistinguishable.

In anycase, I don't mind the Caucasus as it is. My biggest desire is more airfields, even if they're in the low detail regions of the map with nothing around. More detail is of course nice, but not a priority for me.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 3 weeks later...
This doesn't really make sense. The Caucasus map came first and had existing content while NTTR was originally made as an add on and had no existing content. Switching the maps around would have locked all existing user mission content behind a paywall.

Also, there is really no advantage that the Caucasus has over NTTR for mission making, except water (which could also make the Caucasus the better choice for a free map to all as it allows naval operations). NTTR is uses for training, but those training missions can be made to resemble a real mission, and from a DCS cockpit they can be indistinguishable.

In anycase, I don't mind the Caucasus as it is. My biggest desire is more airfields, even if they're in the low detail regions of the map with nothing around. More detail is of course nice, but not a priority for me.

The paywall issue would make the forums look like Paris...

I get the idea of making NTTR free, you learn there and progress onto real theaters - but I don't think it would capture players the same way. I spend most of my flight time under 100m in the Viggen and the buildings on Caucasus don't bother me at all. I can assure you that the lack of terrain detail on NTTR bugs me far more - it makes Nevada look like the Persian Gulf (where it really is just sand everywhere, and in/on everything....) but Nevada has tons of flora and rock detail on the mountains. Never mind NTTR's Inyo Valley looks like something out of Dune and not one of the most majestic valleys in the region with famous peaks jutting against it. Never mind Bishop is just a painted city on the ground (only noted because my wife is from there). Aside from sexy looking Las Vegas and some other "destinations" NTTR is rather bland as a map and doesn't show off the amazing engine DCS 2.5 is. Caucasus does with the trees, mountains, seasons, etc. When a new player is trying out the game that is the best foot forward to demonstrate the amazing depth available.

Agreed on wanting more airfields in Russian/Ukrain airspace - along with even copied and pasted buildings and towns (on all maps...).

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

...along with even copied and pasted buildings and towns (on all maps...).

Ugh. Please no. I want my ground environment realistically laid out please. I detest the unhinged scattered groups of houses on Caucasus. So difficult to navigate - no way of recognizing features.

//Jarl