PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

I shall try some other modules tomorrow but I bet they all work, cockpits maybe laid out differently but the geometry of your body isn't. Which module would you like me to check?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Maybe try out the Huey with its middle console and the F-16 with its rather far sticking out ipc

I can imagine that in those modules, it might not work that well

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I tried all except the F16. Even the Viggen works really well. With the Huey I just moved the board to the left a little and it was fine with the Gazelle. It was really nice in the Harrier, looks so good in VR.

I won't fix anything physical to the board as switching between modules will be a pain and it's nice to just slide your hand over the board. It really makes using the controls so natural. It turns out nearly all cockpits and dashboards have about the same geometry.

Make sure you can adjust the position, I find if I have my seat out a little it's easier to slide the board left or right.

Sounds like that's going to be my next little project then. Thanks for the feedback Andrew :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Good idea, Andrew. I’m tempted to try something similar for my cockpit.

8df422fe6b93582bfb960e9c0fe7c61c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Thanks. The grey parts are outdoor carpet.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Great stuff guys!!!! I love seeing you guys share your ideas and innovations with everyone.

I did some experimenting with lightweight and stiff expanded ABS sheet 1/4" thick. The intent was to use it in the area of the UFC and MFDs on the A10-C for the Air Force. I will try and dig it up and post a pic. It was a bit rough and just for proof of concept, but it did have a tactile feel as the panel moved in.

I tried pressure sensitive material early on, I think its in the first few post, but it didn't feel as good as a button on your finger, plus you only get left click so you still need the FCU buttons

I think Andrews is a great and simple improvement. If you have the space, just go big on the panels and your good for most aircraft. An overhead for the MI8 would be cool.

Great Stuff, keep it going

Miles

Edited by MilesD

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Sizing something out with cardboard... 90879a6c4d9381050e7859c30394ab60.jpg

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

New VR Pointing Device

Had some 1/4 plywood in the garage, along with a few cabinet hinges, and whipped this up.

Just have to figure out how to mount it to my rolling keyboard tray (and be easily removable), then sand and paint. I also may build an ICP mount that sticks out a bit, depending on how this performs in VR (I haven’t had time to test this yet).

90171a2b8bdcb5153645434c73ec06d6.jpg

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

My wife thinks it's all pretty odd, if I make a roof to my chair, I think I'll be adding social isolation to my lock down situation. :)

Your getting there dude!

3 keyboards? Macros of course. Are they from the same brand? Gonna try myself, except I want individual key back lightning, as it will be easier to remember...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

3 keyboards? Macros of course. Are they from the same brand? Gonna try myself, except I want individual key back lightning, as it will be easier to remember...

No, I don’t use macros at all. The one on the tray stays there for when I need to do general typing or gaming other than simming. The ones on the sides are just in case I need them during VR. The one on the right is stationary and wire is clamped down, but the wire for the left side runs inside the left console and I can pull it up to my lap if need be.

Left - Razer Huntsman

Center - Razer Huntsman Elite

Right - Logitech G513

All have clicky switches and the Razers have the PBT keycap upgrades. The mouse is a Razer Basilisk Ultimate.

I originally wanted to use three regular Huntsmans, but Synapse wouldn’t let me change the backlighting on the other two. So I settled for picking up an elite for the center, putting the old Huntsman on the left, and using an old G513 on the right.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

No, I don’t use macros at all. The one on the tray stays there for when I need to do general typing or gaming other than simming. The ones on the sides are just in case I need them during VR. The one on the right is stationary and wire is clamped down, but the wire for the left side runs inside the left console and I can pull it up to my lap if need be.

Left - Razer Huntsman

Center - Razer Huntsman Elite

Right - Logitech G513

All have clicky switches and the Razers have the PBT keycap upgrades. The mouse is a Razer Basilisk Ultimate.

I originally wanted to use three regular Huntsmans, but Synapse wouldn’t let me change the backlighting on the other two. So I settled for picking up an elite for the center, putting the old Huntsman on the left, and using an old G513 on the right.

Thanks! That was good info!

Currently going with Razer myself.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

First off the bat, I just wanted to thank Andrew for your genius idea!

I started putting something together yesterday with what bits I had laying about and came up with the attached. It's safe to say I have adopted a 'function' over 'form' asthetic!!! LOL. :doh:

It does however work a treat! I did play a little with putting physical keys where the buttons would go and using a keypad for the UFC. But it was too hit and miss as for one sitting it was spot on, I would get up sit back down and the geometry would be off. So have just gone for the simple approach.

I have a keyboard shelf that Im sitting it on. The main thing I had to sort was making it stable. Seems to work OK even with my limited DIY skills! Might get round to painting it properly at some point but for now its fine.

Thanks again Andrew for the inspiration and Rougue just wanted to say, you have a great setup! :thumbup:

Cockpit1.thumb.jpg.79f4bee22d826a02fbc9254c49d3cfdb.jpg

Cockpit2.thumb.jpg.fcc88ed78768bcc19ea5bf8dc3b8e292.jpg

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I'm setting up an Obutto cockpit with a 55inch 4k OLED TV. Can I still use this device to activate switches, or does it need a HMD for the sensor mount?

As long as you can work out a means to rigidly mount the Sensor above your head, PtCtrl is currently work nicely in 2D (on my 65” 4K).

If you want to preview the setup before deciding, PM me.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

As long as you can work out a means to rigidly mount the Sensor above your head, PtCtrl is currently work nicely in 2D (on my 65” 4K).

If you want to preview the setup before deciding, PM me.

Chic!!!

I DMed you a few times about the new firmware providing a somewhat workable 2d solution. Lets try and discord voice when you get a few minutes, I would love to hear how you got things working on working on your big ass screen.

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

First off the bat, I just wanted to thank Andrew for your genius idea!

I started putting something together yesterday with what bits I had laying about and came up with the attached. It's safe to say I have adopted a 'function' over 'form' asthetic!!! LOL. :doh:

I want to understand, several of you put up the board so that your arm does not float int he air? Do you lean on it or do you want to feel something you push against?

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Well I haven’t gotten the chance to actually use it yet, but for me the idea is to give my arm something to rest against. I had a major rotator cuff surgery a few years back and my right arm gets very weak if I have to hold it out away from me for very long.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

I want to understand, several of you put up the board so that your arm does not float int he air? Do you lean on it or do you want to feel something you push against?

Yes, as Rougue says, it's just to stop my finger kind of just hovering out in space. It helps me steady my 'shooting hand' ;) (thoughts of Blazing Saddles springs to mind). So the hovering cursor isn't quite so frantic.

I have only started messing with it but it feels I have more of a connection with the space i'm in now. If that makes sense?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.