Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Is it possible for crates to be auto loaded after selecting them on the f-10 mdnu? For example when I select a JTac, the crated is automatically added to the requested unit. I'm working on a naval task force mission and would like to use crates off a ship. Since we can't at the moment in DCS spawn them on deck, is there a way around with this auto loading?

I know that when they spawn they go to the bottom of the ocean and if the ship is stopped, you can load them via the no-hover option. How-ever stopping the fleet isn't always a ideal scenario I was hoping to tackle this another way.

Thanks!

Is it possible for crates to be auto loaded after selecting them on the f-10 mdnu? For example when I select a JTac, the crated is automatically added to the requested unit. I'm working on a naval task force mission and would like to use crates off a ship. Since we can't at the moment in DCS spawn them on deck, is there a way around with this auto loading?

I know that when they spawn they go to the bottom of the ocean and if the ship is stopped, you can load them via the no-hover option. How-ever stopping the fleet isn't always a ideal scenario I was hoping to tackle this another way.

Thanks!

Yes, like all the responses above you can modify the code however you would like. You just have to take the time and learn some LUA and the commands that work with DCS.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I’m new to cild I’m trying to learn how to use it . Is there a step by step written tutorial showing how to use ctld? Some that takes each section or command option and explain what it does when and where to use it why to use this verses another meathod. Etc?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I’m new to cild I’m trying to learn how to use it . Is there a step by step written tutorial showing how to use ctld? Some that takes each section or command option and explain what it does when and where to use it why to use this verses another meathod. Etc?

The directions are in the CTLD file as remarks in the code

Pretty easy to understand if you put a little time in.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

My friend and I were doing a mlticrew mission in the sa342 Magunazelaia version. He was flying I was gunning. The presence of both of us in the ac disables Ctld functionality for that ac as lng as we are both n it. When the gunner leaves Ctld functionality returns.

Eg he can spawn in the ac and load a group. When I jump in he can not unload th group ( the menu is present however). If I hop out of the ac the unloading and loading ability returns.

Just wanted to pass that along.

Los

My friend and I were doing a mlticrew mission in the sa342 Magunazelaia version. He was flying I was gunning. The presence of both of us in the ac disables Ctld functionality for that ac as lng as we are both n it. When the gunner leaves Ctld functionality returns.

Eg he can spawn in the ac and load a group. When I jump in he can not unload th group ( the menu is present however). If I hop out of the ac the unloading and loading ability returns.

Just wanted to pass that along.

Los

Interesting. It looks up the player name when you try to execute a command. If the player name is returned as “NIL”, that usually means it is an AI aircraft. I wonder if it returns NIL when two people are in one helo. Otherwise it should work as long as the player name associated with the aircraft is the same when units are loaded and unloaded.

Perhaps also the aircraft type also changes from sa342 to something like sa342multi? I’ve never played with this. If so, then it wouldn’t recognize your aircraft as a transport unless you specify it as one. You’d have to play with the code and see what it does.

I’m sure this will frustrate even more people when the multicrew Huey comes out.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

There is a way to bring a fuel truck (2 crates) to resupply fuel in a captured airfield.

But is it possible to bring ammos if the capture airfield has limited air-air weapons ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 1 month later...

Guys, does the Beacon feature works? I dropped some beacons but my Uh-1 couldn't tune in. Any idea?

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

OK, I've got a fix but its a total hack.

I've changed the beacon to be outpost rather than the mortar. That way the outpost renders for everyone to see.

The only problem with this is that if you drop a radio beacon from the chopper it will spawn an outpost, but I'm prepared to live with that until there is a fix.

function ctld.spawnRadioBeaconUnit(_point, _country, _type)

local _groupId = ctld.getNextGroupId()

local _unitId = ctld.getNextUnitId()

local _radioGroup = {
       ["visible"] = false,
      -- ["groupId"] = _groupId,
       ["hidden"] = false,
       ["units"] = {
           [1] = {
               ["y"] = _point.z,
               ["type"] = "outpost",
               ["name"] = _type .. " Radio Beacon Unit #" .. _unitId,
            --   ["unitId"] = _unitId,
               ["heading"] = 0,
               ["playerCanDrive"] = false,
               ["skill"] = "Excellent",
               ["x"] = _point.x,
           }
       },
       --        ["y"] = _positions[1].z,
       --        ["x"] = _positions[1].x,
       ["name"] = _type .. " Radio Beacon Group #" .. _groupId,
       ["task"] = {},
       --added two fields below for MIST
       ["category"] = Group.Category.GROUND,
       ["country"] = _country
   }

-- return coalition.addGroup(_country, Group.Category.GROUND, _radioGroup)
   return Group.getByName(mist.dynAdd(_radioGroup).name)
end

Instead of Mortar or Outpost "Tacan Beacon" is more realistic

function ctld.spawnRadioBeaconUnit(_point, _country, _type)

local _groupId = ctld.getNextGroupId()

local _unitId = ctld.getNextUnitId()

local _radioGroup = {

["visible"] = false,

-- ["groupId"] = _groupId,

["hidden"] = false,

["units"] = {

[1] = {

["y"] = _point.z,

["type"] = "TACAN Beacon",

["name"] = _type .. " Radio Beacon Unit #" .. _unitId,

-- ["unitId"] = _unitId,

["heading"] = 0,

["playerCanDrive"] = false,

["skill"] = "Excellent",

["x"] = _point.x,

}

},

-- ["y"] = _positions[1].z,

-- ["x"] = _positions[1].x,

["name"] = _type .. " Radio Beacon Group #" .. _groupId,

["task"] = {},

--added two fields below for MIST

["category"] = Group.Category.GROUND,

["country"] = _country

}

-- return coalition.addGroup(_country, Group.Category.GROUND, _radioGroup)

return Group.getByName(mist.dynAdd(_radioGroup).name)

end

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the following problem about a year ago, didn't fix it and now I need the feature again and it's still not working out for me; limiting loaded troops' number for some helicopters.

I removed the "--" after entering the group's name in the CTLD script but didn't work. Tried the pilot's number, the unit's name and even the callsign and still no success. I set up the allowed number of troops for pickup at 12 and want to limit some helicopters to 6. The "limited" helicopters still carry 12 instead of 6.

Any idea?

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Use the unit name from the drop down box in the Mission Editor

ctld.unitLoadLimits = {

["SA342Mistral"] = 4,

["SA342L"] = 4,

["UH-1H"] = 10,

}

It's the Mi-8 I wanted to limit (for specific reasons in the mission) so it would be:

["Mi-8MTV2"] = 6,

I did that and all the other mentioned options in the previous post and it still didn't work. Unless the script doesn't limit the Mi-8 in the first place?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

It's the Mi-8 I wanted to limit (for specific reasons in the mission) so it would be:

["Mi-8MTV2"] = 6,

I did that and all the other mentioned options in the previous post and it still didn't work. Unless the script doesn't limit the Mi-8 in the first place?

Just a thought, try

["Mi-8MT"] = 6

instead (without "V2"). I have no idea if it will work in this case, but when dealing with other lua files concerning the Mi-8 one shall often use "Mi-8MT", like when correcting head movements/location in the server.lua and such. Worth a shot.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Just a thought, try

["Mi-8MT"] = 6

instead (without "V2"). I have no idea if it will work in this case, but when dealing with other lua files concerning the Mi-8 one shall often use "Mi-8MT", like when correcting head movements/location in the server.lua and such. Worth a shot.

Works now. However, in order for the limitation to apply one needs to do the following:

Line 50: ctld.numberOfTroops = 12 -- I took 12 as an example

So now let's limit the Mi-8's:

Line 273: ["Mi-8MT"] = 6,

To make the limitation work I'm forced to do the following in the next line:

Line 314: {name = "Infantry/MG/Anti-Tank", inf = 2, mg = 2, at = 2 }, -- again, just an example. I tried with infantries only and still the same result

So now the limitation works only if I limit line 314 to a total of 6 troops to match line 273. But that also limits all the other transport helicopters as well. Which means Line 273 wouldn't apply if not set at the same number as line 314. The F-10 menu simply doesn't enable picking up troops. Obviously the lines cancel one another, unless I'm overlooking something here.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

L̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶R̶a̶d̶i̶o̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶c̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶2̶.̶5̶.̶6̶.̶ ̶ ̶S̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶.̶ ̶ ̶C̶T̶L̶D̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶.̶

EDIT: i'm a dolt -- i renamed a trigger zone and didn't change my lua to match. derp. carry on, nothing to see here!

CSAR_miz_log.zip

Edited by FixieRider
Attaching log file

• 2 weeks later...

Is this project still being maintained?

Since 2.5.6 we have the ability in multiplayer to simulate actual cargo weight.

I have added logic to introduce this into CTLD. The weights for troops are now simulated, and the "check cargo" menu item also shows the weight if the helicopter has any on board.

I'd rather submit it to be merged than release it as a fork.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Is this project still being maintained?

Since 2.5.6 we have the ability in multiplayer to simulate actual cargo weight.

I have added logic to introduce this into CTLD. The weights for troops are now simulated, and the "check cargo" menu item also shows the weight if the helicopter has any on board.

I'd rather submit it to be merged than release it as a fork.

Yup still maintained. Just very slowly :) please send a pull request

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 2 weeks later...

Can't Unpack Crates

I have attempted to make 2 different missions and I can't get the crates once dropped to be unpacked. I have re-downloaded mist and CTLD then configured CTLD for the way I want and I can not get unpack crates. I changed MIST to trigger once, Time More than 1, and run script file.

What happens is I am able to pick up a crate let's say the hmmvee TOW. I then fly it for 10km before dropping it on the ground. I then use unpack and nothing happens. No error message or move it further stupid.

CTLD.lua

mist_4_3_74.lua