Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

Hi guys!

Im considering buying the TWCS throttle from TM, has anyone tried it?

Good quality?

Noise or jitter?

Can the rocker be used as buttons?

Thanks a lot!

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Hi guys!

Good quality?

Noise or jitter?

Thanks a lot!

Wait until after E3. Thrustmaster is showcasing the DCS F-18C Hornet and who knows what else.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Wait until after E3. Thrustmaster is showcasing the DCS F-18C Hornet and who knows what else.

You are asking me to lower my anxiety? I dont think thats gonna happen in the short term :joystick:

Other than that do yoy think its worth it?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Waiting is an option but frankly if he's interested in the TWCS he probably isn't looking for a f-18 throttle. That thing is going to cost at least as much as the A-10 stuff and probably even more. Waiting would make more sense if he thought about buying an A-10 hotas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Waiting is an option but frankly if he's interested in the TWCS he probably isn't looking for a f-18 throttle. That thing is going to cost at least as much as the A-10 stuff and probably even more. Waiting would make more sense if he thought about buying an A-10 hotas.

Hi!

I agree with your insight. I am not looking to spend that much money in a single product. I do have the A-10C module but dont fly it anymore.

I was trying to see if the choice of buying the TWCS was going to be good or not based on the quality and stuff I stated before.

I was looking into the possibility of getting the 2x MFD Cougar pack and the TWCS.

Good quality?

Noise or jitter?

Well, basically is a "entry level" throttle, using cheap solutions, e.g. potentiometer instead contactless sensors. You get what you pay ~$80.

"Noise or jitter" in potentiometers is just matter of time. Even in the

You can use the rocker axis to send key press (not DX buttons) through TARGET or 3rd part keymapper (Joy2Key, Xpadder, SVMapper).

Edited by Sokol1_br

Yeap, I know about pots jitter in time. But the fact that it is a throttle makes me think its not as bad as having pots on a stick.

Almost 80% of throttles are with pots, the only throttle with hall sensors is the warthog.

Do you agree?

I Just noticed Wags has a TWCS on its build!!! LOL I wonder why would that be?

Im very hesitating about getting this throttle but given the others also use pots makes me think i dont have much of a choice given the price range of the tm warthog.

Nope, not much choice. If you pay less than $200-300 for a flight controller, you are getting sub premium equipment. Just reality.

PC gaming isn't a particularly cheap hobby... PC Flight Simming even more so =)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

For the price, it's a simple but very efficient throttle. Few people noticed it but you can adjust the throttle friction by turning a screw only accessible in the back of the throttle, when throttle position is "full".

it's also a good choice if you don't own a rudder, the big paddle in front offer a good control for that axis.

I use one and I think it is fine. used to have the Warthog and a couple of switches clapped out on the throttle, so nothing is 'bulletproof'.

Haven't had any issues with it, the 'Velcro mod' for the AB range is a good idea too - can use different amount of Velcro depending on how much drag you want.

I generally run it with very little friction - don't think it needs to be heavy to be 'real'; the only reason you have friction in a real A/C throttle is to stop it moving by itself because of vibes etc (very disconcerting!) - but obviously not an issue for a sim throttle, so just have it soft and you will avoid most of the stiction issues too.

But I mean you get stiction in RL throttles too, to set the P-3 power levers accurately for cruise etc you brace your hand on the cover and tweak each lever against the stiction/friction with your fingertips right down the bottom (but this is for setting at 1 deg C TIT accuracy). Otherwise generally you just have to give them a 'small calibrated jolt' ...of the perfect amount.. from the top. I also like the flat travel of this throttle, as that is what I am used to.

No issues with any buttons or the rocker, but haven't had it long. TBH this is just a tide-me-over till the VKB throttle comes out! :joystick:

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks everyone! ill see what I do in the next couple of days

I use one and I think it is fine. used to have the Warthog and a couple of switches clapped out on the throttle, so nothing is 'bulletproof'.

If I had a so expensive product and broke some switches Id be very very angry :joystick::joystick:

If I had a so expensive product and broke some switches Id be very very angry :joystick::joystick:

Well I wasn't thrilled - they were a couple of the hats on the side so used a lot in the A-10. For such a pricey setup it is pretty avg TBH.

I had to do a lot of 'modification' to the stick as well to make it smoother. That and an extension helped a bit, but I am very much looking forward to getting a VKB Gunfighter Pro! :joystick:

So far I am very impressed with the TWCS Throttle for the price.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found that adding some felt (or similar material) adds a great deal of friction, and eliminates stiction entirely - it didn't cost me anything to do as I got a sample offcut from a fabric shop. If you want a more professional approach, use the other grease suggestion in the below link.

I have actually added felt on the top and bottom of the plate, so there is no plastic contact on the rails now - it feels like a much more expensive, heavier throttle now. I also added a coating of electrical tape on the handle - so it feels rubberized and not cheap plastic.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187219&highlight=twcs

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a great option for the cost. I prefer CH Pro Throttle but in some places it's hard to find it or it's overpriced.

Well, basically is a "entry level" throttle, using cheap solutions, e.g. potentiometer instead contactless sensors. You get what you pay ~$80.

"Noise or jitter" in potentiometers is just matter of time. Even in the

You can use the rocker axis to send key press (not DX buttons) through TARGET or 3rd part keymapper (Joy2Key, Xpadder, SVMapper).

Noise can be reduced using a usb hub or in case of CH products, adding a filter in the profile.

For now only Warthog use HALL sensor, the other few throttle options -TWCS, CH, Saitek X-5x and quadrant use pot.

VirPil and VKB certainly will use contactless sensor in throttle axis at least - probable pot in secondary axes.

GVL224 custom throttles can use contactless sensor - buyer option.

The T16000M which goes with the TWCS uses the same Hall sensors as the warthog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TARGET only seems to suck because it is more complicated which is a by-product of being more powerful than other controller software options.

Once you learn how to use it, particularly the scripting environment, you can do some very complex things.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: