More, flight with missing parts

aairon

I know this has been gone over a few times before but I couldn't find the threads that I saw in the past. I'm no expert on flight dynamics and such but it seems unlikely that my entire tail from just aft the rear gear bulkhead the thing fell/shot off and I went in and got an abrams and then flew about 50 back to base and landed safely on the belly as the gear was not functioning even with emergency. realistically lot's of warnings were lighting up and I was being told of many failures lol.

I was thinking the thing should go nose down instantly and continue to spin end over end until crashing. It would make for a more exciting track view.

another%20uneventful%20mission..png

Edited by aairon

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

That's one explanation. Another is that the tail is largely aerodynamic on the Ka-50, for stability in forward flight, and you might have enough cyclic range to counteract the extremely weird balance without a tail.

The bigger problem is that your hydraulics go back that way, and I'm pretty sure I've heard someone in the know (AlphaOneSix, maybe?) say that the Ka-50 is not flyable without hydraulic assist for control-force reasons (not modeled), so you'd end up crashed anyway.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

In DCS, loosing your tail means your Ka50 will break physics, resulting in a hard manoeuverable chopper, but not impossible (and completely unreal)

Also, the AI will see you as a dead man, and will stop their current attack.

you'll fail hydraulics, but it's manageable.

no Fireball for you sorry ;-)

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

You can even control the Mi-8 without tail boom and get the thing down alive, done it multiple times so you gotta be quick on da stick and predict the movements, but all in all well doable.

You will turn endless 360's but you can safely have her touch down slow enough to survive ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X