Can't fly the Mustang

Reflected

You are talking about a default mission that comes with the module its self or one that you created in the mission editor? Regardless of that, missions can get corrupted, dunno why but it happend to me a few times.

Fresh download/install will fix it. It is a pain tough.

Edited by LURKINGBADGER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check the mission in the mission editor. If the A/C in question has the Pilot field set to Player (IIRC), when the mission is started, it should drop you directly into the cockpit right at mission start.

If Pilot is set to Client, it starts the mission with the map view. Pressing <Esc> (IIRC) will open a menu, with a list of all vehicles of which you can take direct control. The P-51D unit added to the mission should be one of these. Select the P-51D and click start to take control of it from it's starting position and the current mission time.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Since the latest update, whenever I select a Mustang single mission, I get the map view when the mission loads. I click fly, and I can't jump into the cockpit. Anyone had this? I already ran a repair, no joy.

Are you running any cockpit mods? I think I ran into this issue once, while I was using an out of date cockpit mod for the Mustang.

• 3 months later...

I'm getting this problem with all of my modules bar the Spit which I purchased a week ago,that's ok,but all my other modules are as Reflected's issue,on final window prior to flight I'm just left staring at the map.

I have done a DCS repair which was successful,so all uptodate,all registrations ok,ticked,activated etc........just baffled.

If anyone can assist me,I'd be very grateful,thanks.

BTW....must add,I'm not running any cockpit mods.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

More details would be helpful. The symptom you describe frequently means you have not selected to fly an aircraft that is currently available in the 3D world. You may have failed to select a user controlled aircraft in the mission, or the aircraft you selected may spawn sometime after the current sim time.

Yes thanks,I'm currently using the ' Create Fast Mission ' option so to avoid the issue arrising from something that I've created,this is a default Mission.

Not sure what else to add really,I'm sorry to be a bit vacant on the info as I'm not sure what else I can tell you.

Running Version 1.5.5.60565

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Thank you razo+r this help is very appreciated,will try this and report back......Happy New Year.

Thanks razo+r you've cracked it,I deactivated the Modules and re ran the uploading of them again,all fixed :thumbup: ...........can't thank you enough sir,much appreciated help.

BTW for those interested,deactivating these modules does not mess up your saved control profiles for each aircraft,as Reflected was worried about,this was the one area I was worried about too,but all ok.