KIF utility

Johnny Dioxin

I think I'll upload it for individual models - otherwise it will be a while before everything is finished.

I'll then just upload updates as required.

Here's a quick preview video:

https://youtu.be/TXJGJ4QFuxc

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Excellent work, looking forward to implementing.

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

:thumbup:Very Cool!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Very nice work. I consider this feature as a must have and should be integrated directly into DCS World modules.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Thanks, guys - I hope to get something out in a couple of days - but only for some modules, it will take a little time to cover everything.

I have a question to help with this for aircraft in FC3:

Are the combat procedures in FC3 the same as they were for FC2?

I printed myself a reference guide for FC and FC2, with all the steps for each aircraft, but I haven't operated all the aircraft in FC3, so I don't know if it's all the same. It would save a lot of time if it is, but if not, well, at least the AA fighters will take a bit longer to get info kneeboards as I'll have to research it all first.

Thanks.

On Sunday I should have the A-10C text lists ready (hope to get pictures done, but who knows...) along with start-up lists and pictures for 11 other DCS modules.

I'm having 'fun' with the F-5E kneeboard :cry:, so that may take a bit longer.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hi guys and gals,

I am stopping all of my other utilities (SimVoiceChecklists, Pictorial Guides and Avilution checklists) and working on a new one, that will contain all the info in the kneeboard of whichever aircraft you are flying.

I've completed preliminary tests, and have already converted my pictorial guides to the kneeboard.

The idea is that I'll provide picture and text guides or checklists, and the end user can either keep it all or delete what they don't want.

I'm doing it this way, so that beginners in any particular aircraft can start off with the pictorial guide, and when they think they know the cockpit well enough, can use just the text lists and finally delete the pictures when they are confident, and just use the text lists - and experienced pilots can use the text lists as a reminder, especially if using an unfamiliar aircraft.

Initially, it will be mostly start-up checklists, but I aim to cover all documented procedures in most aircraft. I don't own or have interest in the two German WWII aircraft, though I could still add text lists for those, if the manuals are available to non-purchasers.

I'm doing some tests of my first few lists and if all is well, will release them this weekend. I'll then upload additions as and when they are completed, which can simply be copied into the relevant folder.

No more reasons to not fly a particular aircraft on a server, because you are not familiar with it. That's the aim, at least. Just bring up the kneeboard, follow the list or guide, and off you go.

Oh yes - KIF = Kneeboard Information Files. V1 on its way :)

Where do the folders need to go to be able to see them with the kneeboard

It'll be in the SavedGames/DCS folder (so not in the actual DCS installation) which means you don't need to worry about updates interfering with them.

I'll put full instructions in a read me file and will also do a quick video showing where they go and what the finished kneeboard info will look like and how to find and get rid of any parts you don't want.

Kneeboard Guides

LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2100756/index.php

I've uploaded the first kneeboards to the user files section - I'll post the link once it is approved.

here is the info:

This package contains the base utility to enable you to refer to start-up and other procedural checklists in the kneeboard. Some currently have pictorial guides, some have text lists and some have both. Bring up the kneeboard in your aircraft and then press next or previous page to go through the information.

If you wish to use only some of the information (say just the text list and not the pictorial guide) you can safely delete the pictures you don't want in the relevant aircraft module's folder in the kneeboard folder. Use any standard image viewer to check the images - they are in jpeg format, to save on space.

Installation:

Download the Kneeboard.zip file and then unarchive it into either User/SavedGames/DCS for 1.5 or Saved Games/DCS.openalpha for 2.0

All modules will be updated. These updates will be uploaded for the individual modules, when they are completed, and should simply be extracted into that module's kneeboard folder.

Support thread is here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174393

More demo and guidance videos will be posted in the support thread shortly.

Current lists available:

A-10C: Text lists for Start-up, Grid entry, ordnance deployment, hung station, lss

C-101EB: Text list and pictorial guide for start-up (be aware that the kneeboard in the Aviojet is currently not functioning correctly)

F-86F: Text lists for start-up and gun operation

Hawk: Text and pictorial start-up

Ka-50: Text and pictorial start-up

L-39C: Pictorial start-up

M2000C: Text start-up

Mi-8MTV: Text and pictorial start-up and weapons operating procedure

MiG-15bis: Text start-up

MiG-21bis: Text start-up

UH-1H: Pictorial start-up

The SA342 Gazelle pictorial and text start-up and Viviane text and pictorial guides are included, but the kneeboard is not yet working in this module.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

In what respect?

I can't do any kneeboard files for the F-5E at present, as it is currently AWOL. If you have knowledge of getting it to work (via the Saved Games folders) then I'm all ears :)

I did ask Belsimtek's rep, but no response thus far.

Next update will be the pictorial guide for the A-10C start-up (and the P-51D if I can fit it in before the weekend). Oh - might get other A-10C procedures in pictures, too though I feel it's a bit like teaching to suck eggs, when the text file is already present and the proc's are so simple.

Kneeboard Guides

Brixmis, you probably know this, but the F-5E kneeboard is working in 2.0.3. For sure broken in 1.5.4. Very cool to have the guides on the kneeboard. Thank you.

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for that - no, I didn't know until now. I have done most of the testing in 1.5.4 and just did a quick check with a single module in 2.

I have actually asked Belsimtek's rep if it's okay for me to put some of the manual pages for the F-5E into this utility (describing use of the radar) but have had no response as yet.

Looks like I'll have to go the homebrew route with that, too.

Kneeboard Guides

Ka-50 and Hawk start-up procedure updates also coming.

Hawk is minor stuff - inclusion of parking brake and anti-skid.

Ka-50 will be a complete overhaul.

Still not able to check the F-5E kneeboard in DCSW 2.0, as I have no missions for it and the mission editor is playing up, so I can't make my own. I'll look at this again next week.

Kneeboard Guides

Still not able to check the F-5E kneeboard in DCSW 2.0, as I have no missions for it and the mission editor is playing up, so I can't make my own. I'll look at this again next week.

Here you go. Simple takeoff from Nellis, two ship at 0900.

Edit: added a screenshot from the mission. My kneeboards are resized and relocated with Kneeboard Builder so that they work with the Rift, but the KIF works fine in this mode.

[F-5E] NEVADA 0900 Takeoff.miz

781016394_DCS2016-09-2821-03-35-96.thumb.jpg.5fbf1855fa694b414e4d849c6d3e96a1.jpg

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

Hi, I think that you install everything properly, but not as active.

I'm new DCS.

Google translation.

Hola, creo que instale todo como corresponde , pero no se como activarlo.

Soy nuevo en DCS.

Traduccion Google.

Grupo Aeronaval Embarcado Virtual

http://www.gaev.com.ar

Mis compras.

-A-10C Warthog -UH-1H Huey -P-51D Mustang -Combined Arms -Black Shark 2-Mi-8MTV2-Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3-F-86F Sabre-MiG-15bis-Spitfire LF Mk. IX-MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC-Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst-Fw 190 D–9-Black Shark (1ºv) -LockOn: Modern Air Combat -LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Pre-Pruchase

as I see the panels?

as I assign a key?

Thank you

Mis compras.

-A-10C Warthog -UH-1H Huey -P-51D Mustang -Combined Arms -Black Shark 2-Mi-8MTV2-Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3-F-86F Sabre-MiG-15bis-Spitfire LF Mk. IX-MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC-Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst-Fw 190 D–9-Black Shark (1ºv) -LockOn: Modern Air Combat -LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Pre-Pruchase

Shame about the language barrier, but I will try and help.

You need to go into the control options of your module(s) and assign something to the kneeboard control.

The assignments you need are:

1: Kneeboard On/Off (you can also just use the "Glance" key)

2: Kneeboard next page

3: Kneeboard previous page

I think most of the modules have a separate kneeboard control group, so you can find these controls easily in there.

They do have keyboard commands - I'll have to look up the On/Off keys, but the keys for next and previous page are the square brackets:

Right Shift [ for previous and

Right Shift ] for next page.

RShift-K is for On/Off

RAlt-K is for glance mode

Many of the kneeboards already have a lot of maps etc in them, so it's just a case of keep scrolling through until you reach the lists and guides.

I have deleted all the maps (like approach SID/STAR type patterns, etc) I don't need so there isn't too much to get through.

Hope you will be okay.

*Tell you what - I'll make a video to show how the complete thing is done. Hopefully have that done within a day or two.

By the way, guys - this week's update has been uploaded, just waiting for approval. It contains the updated Hawk start-up guide - a complete replacement for the current one - and the A-10C gets a pictorial guide, too.

btw - future plans are, once I have start-up and combat procedural lists or guides done and have a bit more time, I will do a complete ABRIS guide for the Ka-50. It's all prepared on paper, just needs putting into PC text/pictures.

Edited by Brixmis
info added

Kneeboard Guides

Thank you very much for your reply.

Mis compras.