Helios 1.4 - Taking to the Skys Once Again - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-30-2018, 10:37 PM   #21
BluFinBima

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightStuff View Post
You just need a (hidden) busston to let the Helios-Interface pop up. Position will be saved automatically.

Most profiles already have such a (hidden) button.
RightStuff, I agree, assigning an in-profile button to do the reset is the way to go.
BluFinBima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:00 AM   #22
raymondabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFinBima View Post
Hi Ray, I am probably missing something here. Why would you want to access the reset button on the control center panel when you have a profile running? Why would you not just assign a button in the profile to be reset?
Because I have no clue how to do it

Last edited by raymondabel; 10-01-2018 at 12:03 AM.
raymondabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:02 AM   #23
raymondabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFinBima View Post
I'd be very surprised if the terrain causes any problems with Helios.
I am not clear.
I mean having the airport information avalable like
Old 10-02-2018, 11:22 AM   #24
predator-nz

This is great news thanks guys.
I look forward to testing it out.
predator-nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:43 AM   #25
jbresso12

Can someone point me in the right direction to learn how to create a custom profile? I don't need monitor output just the switch mapping. I don't have any coding experience but I'm willing to learn. My current situation is I'm using Helios profile for my A-10C cockpit and VR. All I'm using is the button mapping and several Bodnar boards. Helios is fantastic for me as I don't have to do any coding to make the toggle switch off positions send a signal to DCS to switch off in the cockpit. That's the main reason I'm asking...no complex .LUA files to edit.
jbresso12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:43 AM   #26
raymondabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbresso12 View Post
Can someone point me in the right direction to learn how to create a custom profile? I don't need monitor output just the switch mapping. I don't have any coding experience but I'm willing to learn. My current situation is I'm using Helios profile for my A-10C cockpit and VR. All I'm using is the button mapping and several Bodnar boards. Helios is fantastic for me as I don't have to do any coding to make the toggle switch off positions send a signal to DCS to switch off in the cockpit. That's the main reason I'm asking...no complex .LUA files to edit.

not sure I understand your question but if it is for A-10C then you could start by :

http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/node/9
Old 10-04-2018, 04:41 AM   #27
jbresso12

Ray thanks for the response. What I want is to create custom profile with key bindings for switches, rotary switches, toggle switches ect. How do i create a profile like the A-10C where I can just have all the bindings as a preset where you can just double click and add as normal.
jbresso12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:24 AM   #28
RightStuff

These two videos are a good point to get in touch with Helios:
https://youtu.be/Q6VbTGDTUvU
https://youtu.be/oKTvFtnoIZA
RightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:50 PM   #29
BluFinBima

The Youtube links provided by Right Stuff is a great place to start, and for the A-10C, there is an interface for that aircraft in Helios which can be used to bind the Bodnar board which I believe will show up in Helios because it is a HID device. The videos cover this process.

For other aircraft, the path will be a little more complicated. Assuming there is a visual Helios profile for that aircraft, then I would suggest loading that into the profile editor and then finding the switch concerned - it is likely to have a non-intuitive binding - and then change it to the Bodnar board, or duplicate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbresso12 View Post
Ray thanks for the response. What I want is to create custom profile with key bindings for switches, rotary switches, toggle switches ect. How do i create a profile like the A-10C where I can just have all the bindings as a preset where you can just double click and add as normal.
BluFinBima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:23 AM   #30
RightStuff

jbresso, yes as BluFinBima said, with Helios (old version) only Ka-50 and A-10 as built-in are ready to use for creating profiles. For other modules it is... pita... But now we see - thanks to Blu and the other project members - some light on horizon and sooner or later other modules will be supported directly.

Meanwhile the best way for you would be to use existing profiles (thx to Zeen for his incredible job here!) and change / strip them to your personal needs. The mentioned video tutorials will offer you the neccessary knowledge for mastering Helios.

Blu, concerning HID device LeoBodnar:
Yes, any HID device will show up in Helios. Even the Warthog.
But so far I have not found any interesting use case for the input chain „HID - Helios - DCS“.
So, is it just a nice feature or do you have any ideas for this? Like to try and learn more on this.

But the other way around (Output) would be veeery interesting:
Switching LEDs out of Helios on Arduinos via EOS protocol.
Tried it, but didn‘t had reliable success. Maybe EOS-part of Helios will get some brush up as well?
RightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
av-8b, gadroc, harrier, helios, mig21