Wags Hornet Stick

Has anything happened on this in the (almost) 8 months since the last post here?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Has anything happened on this in the (almost) 8 months since the last post here?

Nope, not a peep from TM about it. Really disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 3 weeks later...
I'm convinced that's TM's game plan - an FA-18 Stick along with its Throttle.

In was confirmed in the other FA18 Stick thread that TM has discontinued plans for the FA18 stick.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

In was confirmed in the other FA18 Stick thread that TM has discontinued plans for the FA18 stick.

Can you post a link, if handy? I can’t seem to find that thread, but definitely curious to read up. Thanks man!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Can you post a link, if handy? I can’t seem to find that thread, but definitely curious to read up. Thanks man!

Yep, I’d like to see that thread as well.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Phew!

• 3 weeks later...

I have 90 keybinds bound to my TM Stick alone and easily double that on my throttle.

Mouse and keyboard are never required.

Target GUI only. super simple. 10-20 things to learn is all. That is 2 long distance phone numbers worth of things to commit to memory.

The plastic gimbal finish and lube has always been substandard.

I buy a new one every couple of years since I always mess them up by trying to fix them.

Due to the excellent software (Target), I would buy another in a heartbeat.

It's not for everyone.

If you're not using Target, A better stick with a better gimbal could be a better option.

It is not bad enough to make me abandon it though.

If a Hotas does not allow me to park the mouse and keyboard totally and easily, I am simply not interested at all.

Other sticks have other solutions.

Chaining commands, putting delays into commands, controlling LEDs and sequencing commands are just a few of the perks of a TM Hotas running Target.

Take note. The others need work in this area.

Easily done with only the Target GUI.

Those options are essential for my own happiness.

All of the same things can be done for any aircraft I have tried.

The F-18 top won't change that.

If I was more into the F-18, I would buy the top.

When someone's nowadays tech can easily do everything Target can do, I will concede that it may possibly be better.

TM is still on top in my book.

DO what makes you happy.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

You can still use Target if you use FSSB or Virpil’s bases. The former requires moving the tiny board from the TMW base over to the FSSB. The latter involves changing vendor/device ID through Virpil’s software to fool the Target.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

If a Hotas does not allow me to park the mouse and keyboard totally and easily, I am simply not interested at all.

Of course is not that you want - a "TARGET 2", but for new potential buyers don't get the impression that keyboard, mouse emulation is exclusive feature of TARGET. ;)

DevCfg.jpg

Of course is not that you want - a "TARGET 2", but for new potential buyers don't get the impression that keyboard, mouse emulation is exclusive feature of TARGET. ;)

DevCfg.jpg

TARGET does more than kb/m emulation, though I've encountered scenarios where it was the only emulated mouse a game accepted (MWO) which was vital to my control scheme. For kb output, you can also natively script macros, sequencing, timed events. Once I scripted a pulse-width-modulation scheme to make a digital axis in a game behave like an analog one, etc.

It also can return digital events from analog inputs with a high degree of control of the behavior. You can set it up to be able to alter axis parameters on-the-fly, it can be used to initiate 3rd party software. It has the option for shift layers and on and on.

Didn't know VPC gear can be recognized by it, that's a big deal for people that want the power of TARGET with the quality of VPC hardware, especially for those that rely on combining devices into a single virtual controller which is mighty useful for games with awful joystick support

Didn't know VPC gear can be recognized by it, that's a big deal for people that want the power of TARGET with the quality of VPC hardware, especially for those that rely on combining devices into a single virtual controller which is mighty useful for games with awful joystick support

Yes, that is what I want also. I use Target script for all the things you mentioned. At this time VKB does not recognize TM like VPC does.

• 1 month later...

DevCfg.jpg

Curious what program you're using there. I just got my VPC gear last week and while I know my way around TARGET, I'm trying to get by with Joystick Gremlin.

For putting the mouse in a specific spot, you have to move it a corner and then move it to your spot, which is not always ideal. I'm open for other options.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Well if it’s a VKB tool, I’ll just stick with what I came up with last night: an AutoHotkey script that positions the cursor in the center bottom third of the screen, triggered by a button on the CM2 grip.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)