DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

7 hours ago, Zomalk said:

Would anyone mind posting their DCS_World.tmc? I am kind of curious if I would be able to run someone else's, just to see if the problem has to do with the script building, or with maybe my file paths. 

Do you think it could be a problem if the target script editor and CTS were installed on separate drives? I don't think so, but I am no expert so I could be wrong.

There you go.

Edit: I don't have any MFDs and I use VR. There are some modules in it so maybe it will be helpful to you.

DCS_World.tmc

Edited by Kisi
More info.

16 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Until the server is back up, I've posted the files on my Google Drive.  Just extract the zip files to your CTS folder and they're nested properly to go to the folders they should be in.  The version.txt will let you compare existing files with the updated files to see what needs to change (if you don't want to do a complete install).

Thank you. I have sucessfully installed CTS with these zips

17 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Until the server is back up, I've posted the files on my Google Drive.  Just extract the zip files to your CTS folder and they're nested properly to go to the folders they should be in.  The version.txt will let you compare existing files with the updated files to see what needs to change (if you don't want to do a complete install).

I didn't realize there's a trim reset.  I'll make it happen for the next version.

Thank you for allowing us to get the files. Very much appreciated. Hopefully your having a Happy New Year! 

Edited by Sleeper.M

@Kisi Thank you so much for posting your script, I think I've spotted the problem.

I have a feeling that my DCS_World.tmc is being written in an odd way, for some unknown reason. 

What I found was that after the header, Kisi's script starts to fill in the script baseline, hardware config, etc. The beginning of this in Kisi's script is the first screenshot.

image.png

In this part of my script, it is completely empty (screenshot 2). There is nothing here, but you can see where everything is meant to be.

image.png

Kisi's script then ends with the event handler, which is the same in my code. However, after the event handler, I found all of the data that was supposed to be in the sections above! This is screenshot 3, and it starts to go through my hardware config choices. I checked it through a bit and everything seems to be accurate with the settings I had the last time I ran CTS.

image.png

@Home Fries What do you think could be happening here to cause this? We both have the same, most current version (2.66), so I don't understand why my script would be getting written incorrectly. Also anyone else who might know what is going on, I would any input. Thanks all!

Edited by Zomalk
Typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Zomalk said:

@Home Fries What do you think could be happening here to cause this? We  null both have the same, most current version (2.66), so I don't understand why my script would be getting written incorrectly. Also anyone else who might know what is going on, I would any input. Thanks all!

My guess would be that there is some CTS problem with finding "the right stuff" in the right place. Is there any kind of config file for CTS where it stores it's library location? Maybe it looks for a TARGET related files and cannot find them?

The other thing would be to check read / write permissions on the suspected locations.

That's my point of view. Home Fries will know better.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Geeman Sizzler said:

Hi all

I am working through the setup guide for this Target Profile by Home Fries and have just set up the modifiers in DCS World options for thrustmaster combined joy button 30 31 and 32

I understand how to proceed with regards to keyboard profiles .kb and hotas cougar .hc but I am uncertain as to  where to install controller input files ending in .js which I have found in the Combined Arms input folder.

I assume this abbreviation .js stands for joystick but am I correct in thinking this is a generic thrustmaster combined profile regardless of whether it is for a cougar or warthog or hybrid setup

Thanks

I guess it should be loaded to Thrustmaster Combined device.

Hello all,

Is anybody using the profile for the Gazelle and having issues with it? I’ve recently got back into flying the Gazelle module and for some reason the profile isn’t working correctly for me - for example I cannot get the HOTAS to work for designating a target when I move to the left hand seat along with a few other binds not working for me.  Many thanks.

On 1/16/2023 at 4:14 PM, Zomalk said:

@Home Fries What do you think could be happening here to cause this? We both have the same, most current version (2.66), so I don't understand why my script would be getting written incorrectly. Also anyone else who might know what is going on, I would any input. Thanks all!

On 1/17/2023 at 5:55 AM, Kisi said:

My guess would be that there is some CTS problem with finding "the right stuff" in the right place. Is there any kind of config file for CTS where it stores it's library location? Maybe it looks for a TARGET related files and cannot find them?

The other thing would be to check read / write permissions on the suspected locations.

That's my point of view. Home Fries will know better.

That's exactly what's happening.  Somehow the EXE is missing the section that it's supposed to populate to.  The order matters.  I have no idea why this is happening.  Someone had this happen earlier.  The best we could determine was a language option with Windows 11, but we were never able to resolve the issue for sure.

Now that we know this is the issue, what OS are you running, and what native language are you using?

EDIT: In other news, the server is back up.  I think I solved the long term problems as well.

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Home Fries said:

what OS are you running, and what native language are you using?

I currently have Windows 10, and I have it in American English. I also just installed a new m.2 SSD, and am going to be moving things around in the next couple of days. So I was planning on reinstalling CTS completely fresh and giving it another go. I'll let you know if anything changes.

4 hours ago, Zomalk said:

I currently have Windows 10, and I have it in American English. I also just installed a new m.2 SSD, and am going to be moving things around in the next couple of days. So I was planning on reinstalling CTS completely fresh and giving it another go. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Ok thanks.  I use Win10 and American English as well, so that at least kills the theory.

@Home Fries on the ah-64d, how do I control the AI (w,s,a,d)? The manual shows H3 but it does not seem to work like that. FYI I have loaded the AI profile (TARGET AH64D AI kb v264.diff), is there another for wh?

One more issue I noticed is that the "master mode control button" operates like VR zoom and not as master mode.

On 1/29/2023 at 9:25 AM, tomeye said:

@Home Fries on the ah-64d, how do I control the AI (w,s,a,d)? The manual shows H3 but it does not seem to work like that. FYI I have loaded the AI profile (TARGET AH64D AI kb v264.diff), is there another for wh?

One more issue I noticed is that the "master mode control button" operates like VR zoom and not as master mode.

The two "issues" are related.  

First, the MMCB is nominally the VR Zoom in VR, and the shifted functionality is what is listed on the control scheme.  This isn't universal yet, but I try to make it as consistent as possible.  I'll be sure to add this substitution to the HTML guide.

Second, S3+S1 Long should put you in AI control mode with H3 doing WASD, and S3+S1 Short should put H3 back to the Symbology switch.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Home Fries said:

The two "issues" are related.  

First, the MMCB is nominally the VR Zoom in VR, and the shifted functionality is what is listed on the control scheme.  This isn't universal yet, but I try to make it as consistent as possible.  I'll be sure to add this substitution to the HTML guide.

Second, S3+S1 Long should put you in AI control mode with H3 doing WASD, and S3+S1 Short should put H3 back to the Symbology switch.

Thanks for the explanation, I forgot that purple equals to long-press.

On the VR zoom, this is also mapped to double tapping of trim up.

18 hours ago, tomeye said:

Thanks for the explanation, I forgot that purple equals to long-press.

On the VR zoom, this is also mapped to double tapping of trim up.

Purple in this case equals to "George AI."  Normally italics are long press.

• Thanks 1

Hi all

I'm using CTS v2.66 and initial starting profile for the T45 and I'm getting an error after building and running the script as follows 

Runtime Error : Symbol not found: gearflapui in TriggerZoom_MapGearDn (line 1453 in DCS/CommState.tmc)

Any ideas what I may have done wrong? I've tested other initial profiles and get the main returned = 0 status message.

S!

Edited by Geeman Sizzler
typo

On 2/6/2023 at 6:01 PM, Geeman Sizzler said:

Hi all

I'm using CTS v2.66 and initial starting profile for the T45 and I'm getting an error after building and running the script as follows 

Runtime Error : Symbol not found: gearflapui in TriggerZoom_MapGearDn (line 1453 in DCS/CommState.tmc)

Any ideas what I may have done wrong? I've tested other initial profiles and get the main returned = 0 status message.

S!

Let me review the T-45 code and get back to you.

EDIT: found the issue.  It will be fixed in the next patch.

Edited by Home Fries
fixed the issue

Version 2.66a (hotfix 1) is released.

Change Log:

• Fixed profile crash using HOTAS Cougar with modules using DMS for SnapViews.
  • AH-64D: Added Trim Reset to S3+H4U/H4P.
  • JF-17: Mapped altimeter setting to S3+LGAIN and remapped flood light to MFD3 S3+SYM
  • Mosquito: Set radios to mimic F-14 (2 radios and intercom) with SRS and Warthog Throttle.
  • M-2000C: Added radar mode commands back to Warthog throttle base.
  • Added Aux Gunsight Elevation to MFD3 S3+GAIN

Updated bindings since 2.66: AH-64, JF-17, M2000C
Updated SnapViews since 2.66: none
Updated Custom Luas since 2.66: AV-8B, F-14, UH-1H

Edited by Home Fries
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I am trying to learn AH-64D (not easy !) and I'd like to use "Sight Select Switch" commands but I don't find how on my HOTAS Cougar
In profile, I see for example "Sight Select Switch - HMD/Up" is mapped to JOY_BTN31 + JOY_BTN_POV1U
How can I activate this, and in general what correspond JOY_BTN31 ?

On 3/27/2023 at 3:57 PM, Oiz0 said:

Hello,
I am trying to learn AH-64D (not easy !) and I'd like to use "Sight Select Switch" commands but I don't find how on my HOTAS Cougar
In profile, I see for example "Sight Select Switch - HMD/Up" is mapped to JOY_BTN31 + JOY_BTN_POV1U
How can I activate this, and in general what correspond JOY_BTN31 ?

Be sure to set Joy_Btn30, 31 and 32 as modifiers for the Apache (and for that matter any module in DCS), and the rest should fall into place.

15 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Be sure to set Joy_Btn30, 31 and 32 as modifiers for the Apache (and for that matter any module in DCS), and the rest should fall into place.

Hi Home Fries,
Yes, I have well my 3 modifiers defined for this module
But I don't find what correspond, for example the JOY_BTN31 + JOY_BTN_POV1U combinaison
I've also checked your profile documentation for AH-64D and I don't find where are defined the 4 "Sight Select Switch" commands asscoiated to these combinaisons

PS : in fact, on Warthod doc profile, I see "Sight Select Switch" on the throttle, but of course not on Cougar as doesn't have such POV on throttle. Is it already defined somewhere else on Cougar ?

Edited by Oiz0

5 hours ago, Oiz0 said:

Hi Home Fries,
Yes, I have well my 3 modifiers defined for this module
But I don't find what correspond, for example the JOY_BTN31 + JOY_BTN_POV1U combinaison
I've also checked your profile documentation for AH-64D and I don't find where are defined the 4 "Sight Select Switch" commands asscoiated to these combinaisons

PS : in fact, on Warthod doc profile, I see "Sight Select Switch" on the throttle, but of course not on Cougar as doesn't have such POV on throttle. Is it already defined somewhere else on Cougar ?

There was no place to put the sight select switch on the cougar, though I am open to suggestions.  Unfortunately, I can't put it on H4 (CMS), as this uses a special routine for force trim.  Perhaps H2 (TMS) for VR users.