DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Already did that back in January and i still have the issue...and that time i found it only in Av8b now also m2000 (which didn't use much back then)...

In i delete the luas then it works, but the bext time i load DCS the items are redded out and not working again

Yeah, I saw your posts. I haven't discovered anything new on the issue, as I have not experienced it firsthand. If I discover anything, I will post of it on that thread.

Hi homefries...

Just to tell you that the same problem with Harrier ssw switch (redded out items) is present also in the mirage 2000 (left trim)

I have to delete and reload the diff files every time i start..DCS to make it work, did you find another solution/workaround?

Thanks another time for your awesome job

Strange that both Razbam modules have similar issues

I'm sorry, could you please explain a little your issue? I flew the Mirage usually, but can't understand exactly what you're talking about...

I'm sorry, could you please explain a little your issue? I flew the Mirage usually, but can't understand exactly what you're talking about...
In the controller option menu some items are redded out... and don't work..in m2000 trim left for example....

When it happens I have to exit Dcs delete the lua file in saved games restart dcs and reload the lua....the problem is that this issue resurface the time after i load DCS...also the Harrier has a similar issue (sensor select switch left and up)...it seems to affect only windows 10 users

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

CTS doesn't create any registry entries. If you installed using 2.10 or later, you can just delete the CTS folder (or CTS_Legacy15 folder). Otherwise, delete the following folders where you installed CTS:

• _Custom LUAs for DCS World Main Install
  • _for Saved Games_DCS
  • Common (unless you use any of my other profiles like EF2000)
  • DB
  • DCS
  • Docs

Then delete CTS.exe, CTSfs.exe, and CTSupdate.exe.

Finally you can delete DCS_World.tmc, DCS_Usersettings.tmm, Run_script.dat, and CTS.dat (your preferences file).

Wonderful work Home Fries. And to continue to support it as long as you have is great as well. You know, a youtube video would really help setting it up. Clarifying something the written word has a difficult time (at times) conveying to the reader. Just a thought. Thank you for supporting this though.

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

• 2 weeks later...

HomeFries,

Any anticipated date for an F/A-18 profile?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Yeah. I'm anxiously awaiting.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Yes i agree....

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

I tried but it is a mess....i just sticked with basic mapping inside dcs without using target

worth the wait. maybe we need to donate again for homefries to get the F18 for mapping out? im good for another 10$ - this profile has been worth every single cent so far.

Hi fellas,

I do have the Hornet, so no need for donations. However, I’m so busy I haven’t even flown it yet! .

I want to get a profile out ASAP but ASAP has a relative definition...

Stay patient.

Hi fellas,

I do have the Hornet, so no need for donations. However, I’m so busy I haven’t even flown it yet! .

I want to get a profile out ASAP but ASAP has a relative definition...

Stay patient.

You know we are not patient

Joking...take your time

Actually, ASAP means exactly what it says. As Soon As Possible. ;)

This means that it will come exactly when it is possible to get it finished and not one moment sooner.

Take your time HF. It is worth the wait.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Version 2.13 is now available. This is the last version that will be compatible with both 2.5.0 and 1.5.8. From here, 2.13 will be available as a legacy install for 1.5.8 users, and CTS 2.20 will begin support for DCS 2.5.2 and later.

And yes, CTS 2.20 will include a Hornet profile. It will be a basic one to begin with (just something to map the HOTAS and MFDs) with features to follow.

Change log:

Fixed Keyboard/DirectX Push-to-Talk hot-selection

Added high contrast MFD inserts for Mi-8 and MiG-15

Fixed VAICOM support for FC3 aircraft

AV-8B: Added Jammer knob assignments to keyboard commands (requires AV-8B Controller LUA Improvements mod to be enabled)

Fixed /I/O assignment for S1 with Warthog

M-2000C: Mapped Decoy Program Selection to S3+H4L/R. Moved Barometric Altimeter to S3+LCON or LCON Long

Fixed issue with Vent Selection Switch not working

Good evening everyone and big thanks to Home Fries for your amazing work!

I am coming back to combat sims after a ten year pause, a lot of things have changed for me since Lockon, the only thing that hasn't is my venerable HOTAS Cougar :-)

Here are the steps I've been going through so far to get things working:

- buy a new gaming PC and install windows 10 pro 64bits

- install Cougar VISTA drivers the proper way

- install latest TARGET software, do a manual calibration and check all is working fine

- install DCS World 2.5.0 release version and add FC3 module

The next step was finding the best HOTAS profile available and that's when I found this one ;-)

I have tried to the best of my abilities to follow the setup guide step by step and taking all the time needed to choose the right options for the script but unfortunately I am facing an issue where DCS is seing multiple conflicts in the commands assignments... here are a few screenshots to illustrate and maybe help me find what I am doing wrong?

Concering CTS and the screenshots, I would like to add the following:

- I installed the optional custom LUAs for DCS World Main Install using OvGME (only for FC3)

- I installed custom snapviews

- within DCS World I have only added modifiers to the Su-33 which is the aircraft I am using for testing

- I did load the keyboard and cougar profiles from within the DCS World controls menu

- I do not own the Cougar MFDs nor did I install their drivers

- vJoy as a device refers to a virtual joystick program needed by another sim I am using (iRacing and the irFFB utility)

Other than the red lines appearing everywhere, I also noticed the following:

- the HOTAS Cougar stays visible along with the Thrustmaster Virtual Game controller in the Windows USB menu whilst the TARGET script is running... isn't it supposed to be deactivated by TARGET to avoid conflicts?

- the script reports USB HID devices not found when launching

By the way, how is the arrestor hook deployed with this profile for the Su-33?? I couldn't find it...

Any help appreciated!

[ATTACH]186878[/ATTACH]

Screen_180607_180110.thumb.png.b84623628a8b0eba50703719b5dec960.png

Screen_180607_180247.thumb.png.8c3dae2e1dd1ca8477944e6cbe839903.png

Screen_180607_180313.thumb.png.47930c91e7adbd366fa1f08be0c30870.png

1963291234_Capturedcran(1).thumb.png.2450736f84429df7cf41a760d242e9f9.png

Edited by flyingflatfour

Four -- in the first image, when youre looking at the System Game Controller interface, you see how it lists the Cougar Joystick? thats bad.

When operating correctly, you should see all your TM hardware unified into a single device. This means that you need to modify your CTS settings to identify the Cougar stick.

goto VALUES dialogue screen in CTS, and be sure that you have the correct value set on the right-side column, setting zero for WARTHOG JOYSTICK and WARTHOG THROTTLE values.

I had an issue where my MFDs had a short and werent usable, and had issues building correctly. its possible that the DCSInit files in the TARGET profile doesnt have an exception for when it doesnt find the MFD devices. It would be nice if there were a new value that identified that case and just required the user to go back to CTS and identify a new plane in SETTINGS/STARTING PROFILE then rebuilding the script and relaunching. (a pain really. definitely get those MFDs asap. i replaced mine immediately. theyre pretty cheap and worth it). that said, after doing a rebuild a few times and patching to the latest build correctly, it did end up working for me with just one single MFD for a short while.

Im going to make the suggestion in a bug-report and see what HF can maybe do for this situation, if he sees a need and agrees, of course.

Hi marcocom.

Exactly, that’s what I thought, too. But the values have been properly set to 0 in CTS for the Warthog stick and throttle...

If the lack of MFDs is indeed the problem then I guess I just misunderstood the requirements and will be looking for another profile, for I don’t have any use of them in my VR headset :smilewink:

Thanks for your reply!

Hi marcocom.

Exactly, that’s what I thought, too. But the values have been properly set to 0 in CTS for the Warthog stick and throttle...

If the lack of MFDs is indeed the problem then I guess I just misunderstood the requirements and will be looking for another profile, for I don’t have any use of them in my VR headset :smilewink:

Thanks for your reply!

You should be able to use homefries's profile also without mfd (I did that for mounths) you simply won't be able to hotswitch profiles and to use some advanced but very important features