VR Performance and WUDFHost - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 03:58 AM   #1
KidCharlemagne

Default VR Performance and WUDFHost

Hello all,

I'm out of ideas and could use some input.

I play DCS on a Lenovo Explorer, and enjoy it tremendously other than the intermittent drops to the SteamVR loading screen. I spent some time playing with Resource Monitor and Task Manager open, and noticed that the dropouts seemed to coincide with short periods of 100% disk usage, which looked to be coming from the process WUDFHost.exe. CPU and GPU were both hovering between 60% and 80%, and memory was only at ~12GB of 16GB.

My specs are:
i5-4460 at 3.2GHz
GTX 1080 FTW 8GB
16GB DDR3 1600 MHz
For the most part my settings are on high, with shadows turned off, grass and clutter at 0%, trees on 70%, MSAA off, AA on 4x.

I've spent some time researching the WUDFHost program and some problems that people seem to be having with it, but I haven't found any clear solutions. Does anybody here have similar issues, or know of any fixes to the problem? Or, am I completely off base and chasing a dead end?
Thanks,

KC
KidCharlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
RedeyeStorm

Well I suffered a constantly variable fps. Going from 15 to 90 fps (oculus and non-steam DCS). I solved this problem by downloading Project Lasso (free) and set DCS to Single thread proces and I had stable fps again.

If this is also your problem mayby worth checking out.
RedeyeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote