VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-23-2018, 01:04 AM   #81
Klunker

Damn..what a great campaign..for free!

Thank you for putting together this gem. I haven't had any more fun on the campaigns I've bought!

I'm relatively new to the Harrier, and really liked how your campaign got me up to speed using the lazing system to identify and strike targets. Really nice having that feature in each mission without all the usual 9 line routine to get it going. Nice, simple, effective and fun. Also nice getting to exercise the weapons.

Really liked the mission concepts, neat execution parameters, authentic radio dialog and radio bleed over which adds to the emersion.

Also liked the explanation in the printed mission briefing what was required to meet execution parameters and achieve mission completes. Very helpful, and something that's often missing in even the paid campaigns.

The mission complete announcement with music was also a nice touch which added to the sense of accomplishment. Excellent!

Also liked the mission lengths. I prefer the quick flight to the mission objectives, and clear and simple goals to be achieved.. No long drawn stuff. It makes for quick re-flys, and replays by avoiding boring and time consuming evolution's.

You're very creative, talented and produce work that is right up there with the paid campaigns.

Thanks for your outstanding contribution!
Klunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #82
Sedlo

Hey Klunker!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for the kind words.

I had a lot of fun making this campaign, and learned a lot along the way. It was a heck of a lot of work, but when I read reviews like this, it makes it all worth it.

I don't often get a ton of computer time to myself, so I am also a fan of the quicker missions.

Cheers, and thanks again!
Sedlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #83
ndecaro

Just finished this campaign and wanted to say thanks. If it was fully voice acted, it could be a paid campaign for sure. Great job!
ndecaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:59 AM   #84
Razorbill_swe

Loved it, thank you so much for your time and effort into this!
Razorbill_swe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:10 PM   #85
Sedlo

Glad you liked it, Razorbill_swe!

ndecaro, thanks for the comments... I may very well re-do the voices for this one.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #86
twiss2k

Hi,

*Spoiler*

I'm loving the campaign so far but stuck on mission 3
The loft bombing goes well with the laser guided bomb, the SEAD flight survives, and I take out the BTR with the other bomb...
I've circled north until I've run out of fuel, but the helicopters don't start up.
Can you tell me how the helo startup is triggered? Im not very familiar with the mission editor... I tried setting them to hot start from the ground, but then they disappeared...

Thanks
twiss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #87
Sedlo

Hey twisss2k. It's supposed to be timer based, so I don't know why they didn't launch. I'll have to dig into it this weekend.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:55 PM   #88
twiss2k

Thanks for the reply, Im really looking forward to playing the rest!
If they set off at a certain time, I'll try playing again and make sure I loiter until then.
Played it 3 times, not sure if I did it too quick?
twiss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:53 PM   #89
Sedlo

No, i played through it quickly before work today. The triggers are correct, they’re just not working. The delayed start for helicopters must be borked with this release.

I’ve got an idea for a fix, I’ll try it out and hopfefuly have the file updated tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiss2k View Post
If they set off at a certain time, I'll try playing again and make sure I loiter until then.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:47 AM   #90
Sedlo

OK, Vulcan Forge ver. 1.7 is now up and running. Helos will take off and land at the prison. There is a chance they will remain on the ground there, but if you get the message to RTB you can go ahead and leave the area. (the mission will be counted as a success).

I'm not sure how the mission broke, but it seemed to involved the delayed start trigger for the helos. I changed them to a late activation, which makes them do the mission, but sometimes they won't take off again. Not sure how to fix that yet, but I'll work on it as I have time.

I don't know if installing this new campaign will stop your progress or revert you to mission 1. If so, and you don't want to go through the first two again, I'd recommend just playing the rest as single missions.

Cheers,

SEDLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiss2k View Post

Tags
av-8b, campaign, harrier, nttr, single player