Helicopter Ships

Hawkeye60

Ever since CFS2 and Janes F18, I've had a passion for carrier ops.

Had more fun crashing into the super structure while trying to land than I can remember!

So I thought I would put together a list of all ships suitable for Helicopter operations in DCS.

Due to a current limitation in the ME, you can only spawn one helo on deck.

This list should supply you with multiple ships for spawning and/or landing.

Most are available on the DCS user download page. Search with the name. If not, Links provided.

I have tried to test each one, but some may have slipped through.

The list is organized as follows,

Set name (if more than 1 ship included)

Name of ship

Codes for

(I) included with DCS, no download needed

(S) can spawn player helos on deck in ME.

(L, #) Landings, can land on deck (# of spots open)

(W) Weaponized, can shoot

note, Large Aircraft Carriers Do not list landing spots, The whole deck is open.

(In no particular order)

Enforcer v1.2a (S) (L, 6) One spot inside hanger.

Likiki's Mistral, Nine versions, four spawnable, landing depends on version (S) (L, 6) (W)

French Carriers

Queen Elizabeth (S) (L) (W)

Charles de Gaulle (S) (L) (W)

Classe Durance (L, 1)

USNS Patuntex (S) (L, 1)

I have this but the download link I tried is bad. Was available in a older package with the Bush and other ships.

New link needed or permission to repost.

3 Ship USS Arleigh Burke Class

DDG-67 USS Cole (S) (L, 1) (W)

DDG-91 USS Pinckney (S) (L, 1) (W)

DDG-96 USS Bainbridge (S) (L, 1) (W)

USS Spruance (S) (L, 1) (W)

Corvette Soobrazitelny (S) (L, 1) (W)

Version 2 HMS Furious and USS Reagan

CVN-09 HMS Furious (S) (L)

CVN-76 USS Ronald Reagan (S) (L) (W)

LCS Independence class (S) (L, 2) (W)

CNS Kunming-DDG-172 (S) (L, 1) (W)

PLAN Liaoning Carrier (S) (L) (W)

PLAN Type-054a DDG-579 Han Dan (S) (L, 1) (W)

CVN Eyecandy Half or full deck, (S) (L)

CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln

CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt

CVN-73 George Washington

CVN-74 John C. Stennis

http://www.mediafire.com/download/snc7j1dogmelyjr/CVN_EyeCandy.zip

CVN-77 USS George W Bush (S) (L) (W)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ck9a1q7eoe5cxa/USS%20George%20H.%20W.%20Bush%20CVN-77%20%28Tomcatz%29%20JAR%20%2B%20Anubis%20v2.7%20JSGME.zip?dl=0

HSwMS Visby (L, 1) (W)

FFG-7CL Oliver Hazzard Perry (I) (S) (L, 1) (W)

CG-60 Normandy (I) (S) (L, 1) (W)

CV 11435 Admiral Kuznetsov (I) (S) (L) (W)

CG 1164 Moskva (I) (S) (L, 1) (W)

FFG 1154 Neustrashimy (I) (S) (L, 1) (W)

CGN 1144.2 Pyotr Velikiy (I) (S) (L, 1) (W)

CVN-70 Carl Vinson (I) (S) (L) (W)

Add on ships and cargo, some ships and oil rig. (S) (L)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124251

I will update this list as needed.

Additions, corrections, comments welcome.

Edited by Hawkeye60
Addition

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Nice thread, I am totally into helicopter ops from ships. However, as of now moving ships in DCS are basically not usable for helicopters, as they skid off the deck when the ship is rolling through the waves. Actually, more precisely, the helicopter stays in position and the deck rolls off under the skids.

Right now all you can do as a helo pilot is start with engines running on a destroyer or cruiser and take off immediately, and land there quickly and finish the mission before your helicopter falls into the sea.

When ED advances DCS into naval ops, this is one of the top priorities to fix.

Right now all you can do as a helo pilot is start with engines running on a destroyer or cruiser and take off immediately, and land there quickly and finish the mission before your helicopter falls into the sea.
Sad but true.

Still fun to use though. I like the challenge of landing in a small space with little room for error.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Update 1

With help from joey45, I have fixed two of Markindel's ships so helos may be placed upon the deck in the ME.

With permission from Markindel, The fixed lua files for the Classe Durance and the HMS Visby are included below.

Copy to the correct folder and overwrite.

Both are very cool ships to take off from!

Deck sliding had been around for years. I remember though that it used to work in the early versions of BlackShark. Not sure what happened with ED. Having only 1 spawn point per ship is a limitation I can't understand. Even less that default aircraft carrier are multi spawn points.

I wish to see some love for naval ops.

• 1 year later...