Major frame drop in VR with HOT sight?

Harlikwin

I go from a stable 45fps to like 20s when turning the HOT sight from on/off. Is rhis a known issue? Not sure if its in the flat screen or just VR.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If you're referring to the CRT monitor, that's pretty much unavoidable; Any type of picture-in-picture requires that view to be rendered separately. This is also the reason why mirrors are so performance intensive(notice how in most games, mirrors are either limited to small rooms, broken, or just plain don't exist).

It makes sense I guess, but i see no frame hit in the harrier using its tracker and same for the hornet IIRC. It also seems to get worse if its slewed off the helicopter centerline. Im going from like 45 to 30fps if its centered to like 25fps if its slewed to one side in VR.

I did manage to make it slightly better (I think) by using a 512 instead of 1024 res setting in the options, but it was maybe only a few fps better.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah a bit more testing, it literally drops the frames in half for me. Frame times go from 22ms to the 40's with the TV on. Not seeing that in the Harrier with its DMT, or the Hornet.

I'll check the KA50 and SU25 since I think it has a similar display.