[REPORTED] Huey Door gunners broken since 20190213 patch (Open Beta)

NastyFruit

Hi,

I appears the door gunners in the Huey are broken. They cannot fire at anything.

Even when getting into the Huey side guns (M60 or mini-gun) when you press fire, it fires one round in the M60 or the barrel just spins a bit on the mini-gun.

Can someone please confirm?

Kind regards

I can confirm similar problematic behaviour in my SP test mission.

Loaded all 4 miniguns (2 front, and the sides). All Gunners set to "Free Fire". The CoPilot will fire properly (even setting Master Arm ON if needed). The Door Gunners do not fire. Graphically, they track the target, and the guns rotate thru the barrels (a little, not a full spin) and no bullets are fired.

This began with the recent patch. Previously, all AI gunners would fire properly under "Free Fire" settings.

Regards,

Tested on latest OB.

Frontal Miniguns worked as always when i send the Fire command with the correct Key combo.

Side Doors miniguns worked as always when i send the Fire command with the correct Key combo..

Both short burst-long burst-ROE working as intended.

No bug here.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Operated the Huey last night to evaluate the problem,all gunners were returning fire,no problem here.

I set up a small mission and loaded in a few enemy ground troops,as a test.Whilst flying over these enemy targets,both Co-Pilot and gunners were returning fire.

ROE on Co-Pilot and gunnners was set to 'Free Fire',so not sure what you chaps are doing.....or not doing.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Operated the Huey last night to evaluate the problem,all gunners were returning fire,no problem here.

I set up a small mission and loaded in a few enemy ground troops,as a test.Whilst flying over these enemy targets,both Co-Pilot and gunners were returning fire.

ROE on Co-Pilot and gunnners was set to 'Free Fire',so not sure what you chaps are doing.....or not doing.

Did you spawn with the weapons or did you rearm?

I was on a public server and spawned unarmed and had to rearm. RoE set to free fire and nothing happened.

Did you spawn with the weapons or did you rearm?

I was on a public server and spawned unarmed and had to rearm. RoE set to free fire and nothing happened.

SP Mission,so spawned in with weapons.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

As Kang stated previously in this thread, they work fine for me after spawn but the problem occurs after re-arm.

Then, the door Miniguns don't fire anymore, whether AI or myself.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

On Our server mission, Hueys start with M60s. I like Miniguns so I rearm before flight and after that they refuse to work.

I can confirm that it does not work after rearming in free fire mode (did not test return fire) , be it on server or solo play.

SInce I used this feature before very nicely and it was working fine, my best guess is that it is fresh bug most likely.

Do something guys.. I love this Heli! :cry:

been hearing this again on another thread, me I have no problems whenever whatever I do, so again another weird random bug.

you must think somewhere there's a common reason why some work some don't eh?

Absolutely there should be a proper reason. Since you seem to be the one with all gunners working across the board: do you happen to have any Huey-related mods that might tie in?

As a follow-up / clarification, if you set the gunner RoE (Rules of Engagement) to "Return Fire" they appear to work properly (at least they did for me in the UN Pilot campaign).

However, if they are set to "Free Fire" ... ie. shoot first when seeing bad guys, they don't work, although the CoPilot does under the same rules. That's in my own personal SP training mission.

If I get the time / opportunity, I'll try to create a track showing the behavior.

Regards,

4 ~S!~

Ok. In my first foray with Tracks (more on this in a bit), I flew two missions to look at this bug (and I'm now 100% convinced there IS a bug).

The scenario:

* Take off from Kobuleti and fly to the target area.

* The target area (the little X runways between Batumi and Kobuleti) has 16 unarmed trucks (SKP-11). There are two soldiers at the center of the target area beside two trucks

* On arrival set various combinations of Gunner RoE (Hold / Ret. Fire / Free Fire) and observe results.

* Once the two soldiers are dead, land in-between a group of 4 trucks. Set Door Gunners on Free Fire and observe results.

* Take off, Return and Land at Kobuleti.

Here's what I found:

Flight #1 -- My Helo spawned in unarmed. Using Ground Crew, I loaded it with the 4 miniguns.

-- Set RH Door Gunner to "Ret. Fire" rules. Flew past central trucks and was fired upon. RH Gunner tracked targets, and the barrel spun minimally, but NO shots were actually fired by him. Reset him to "Hold" rules.

-- Set LH Door Gunner to "Ret. Fire" rules. Passed central trucks again. Was fired upon again. LH Gunner behaved exactly as RH Gunner (tracked, spun barrels, No shots actually fired). Reset him to "Hold" rules.

-- Set CoPilot to "Ret. Fire". Flew past central trucks and was fired upon. CoPilot returned fire killing the soldiers. Set him to "Free Fire" rules. He fired (properly) upon the trucks. Reset him to "Hold" rules.

-- Landed between a group of 4 trucks. Set both Door Gunners to "Free Fire". Again, they tracked, but No shots were actually fired.

-- Took off and returned to Kobuleti.

Flight #2 -- This helo was already armed with the 4 mini-guns at spawn time.

-- Following the same Door Gunner procedures as above, Gunners fired properly in "Ret. Fire" mode.

-- Landing between a group of 4 trucks, both Door Gunners fired properly in "Free Fire" mode.

-- Took off and landed back at Kobuleti.

Conclusion:

In all situations, the CoPilot appears to function properly in all RoE modes.

If the Helo is armed when it spawns in, the Door Gunners will also behave properly in all RoE modes.

If the Helo needs to be armed (or re-armed) by the Ground Crew, the Door Gunners will NOT fire as expected. They will track the target(s), and appear to shoot (the gun barrels will spin a bit), but no rounds are actually fired. I believe this behaviour is a bug, and was introduced with the last significant patch.

As mentioned earlier, this was my first foray at saving tracks, and for me at least, I was quite surprised by the results. In both tracks, things did NOT occur accurately. Specifically, in track one, upon playback, it crashed my helo into the trucks that I actually landed between during the real flight.

In the second track, it shows my helo landing well away from the group of 4 trucks when, in actual fact, I landed in between them. Upon takeoff the playback helo went in an entirely different direction from Kobuleti, where I actually flew to and landed during the real flight, and it eventually did a CFIT crash in higher terrain.

Thankfully, I believe the tracks show the buggy Door Gunner behaviour but I was quite surprised with how poorly they replicated the actual flights they were supposed to be records of... Go Figure.

I'm not sure if others encounter similar issues with Tracks but based on these ones, that system leaves quite a lot to be desired imho.

Regards,

UH1H-GunnerBug-01.trk

UH1H-GunnerBug-02.trk