F5-E BLACK SEA RESOLVE '79 Campaign

SorelRo

i cant even see a tag for the plane unlike in the second mission... and in the second mission i noticed that the attached fuel tanks are empty and the wingmen moved before me to the runway... furthermore during the dogfight they flew between me and the opponent and took a shot

Interesting, every mission in that campaign is flown at least 20 times. I've never seen the AI wingman taking off in front of the player. Are you using any mods?

All the missions were done with vanilla install.no mods at all.

Cheers,

Ahhrrrggghhh,

Mission 4, we got 11 out of 12 Hips down. The last Hip crash landed on the runway so I rearmed and through Aim9s, ffars and strafed it. Mission debrief said it was "hit" many times, but it just wouldn't blow up. I couldn't progress lol.....

Well don Sorel, I'm really enjoying this campaign. Fantastic work .

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Ahhrrrggghhh,

Mission 4, we got 11 out of 12 Hips down. The last Hip crash landed on the runway so I rearmed and through Aim9s, ffars and strafed it. Mission debrief said it was "hit" many times, but it just wouldn't blow up. I couldn't progress lol.....

Well don Sorel, I'm really enjoying this campaign. Fantastic work .

Cheers!

Hang on tight. I'll publish an update for that mission sometimes today. Where the mission is score will be calculated different.

Cheers,

Hey Sorel,

Today I completed the CSAR mission (7 or 8?). I'm really enjoying this campaign and good to see the F-5E getting some love.

Cheers mate! Fantastic work.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Geeez, how do you pass the bomber intercept mission (TU-22s)??? If the MIG-23s don't get you first, the SAMs get you. Must have already tried this about 15 times.... lol

Cheers!

Hey Scotch,

Don't give up. Maintain your flight integrity. On this one the AI should take the heat with the MIG-23. When you pop-up give it everything you got and maintain your best climb profile for afterburners and keep the heading on the instructions 090 and not what the E2C is giving you. Going like this, you should spot the condensation trails on your 10 o'clock and you should have enough energy to maneuver to take the bombers down. Don't worry about the MIGs focus on the bombers and ask your flight to cover you.

It can be done.

Thanks a lot for sticking with it and not throwing your joystick or anything like this. :D

Hey Scotch,

Don't give up. Maintain your flight integrity. On this one the AI should take the heat with the MIG-23. When you pop-up give it everything you got and maintain your best climb profile for afterburners and keep the heading on the instructions 090 and not what the E2C is giving you. Going like this, you should spot the condensation trails on your 10 o'clock and you should have enough energy to maneuver to take the bombers down. Don't worry about the MIGs focus on the bombers and ask your flight to cover you.

It can be done.

Thanks a lot for sticking with it and not throwing your joystick or anything like this. :D

Hey Sorel,

Man.... still can't get past this mission. I've tried different intercepts, but the migs always shoot at me first, then the sa3 and sa6s get me :) The flight doesn't see the migs until they are already firing their first volley of AAMs. I got 2 bombers down, but the other one ran, I had no hope of catching him lol.

Cheers!

Scotch

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What do I even have to do to pass the first one? I set up in a CAP over the airfield when it told me to return, but then what? I landed when my fuel got a bit low and didn't pass the mission. Do I need to taxi in and shut down as well?

Speed under 5 kts and the recce plane must survive.

Now I'm sitting on the tank crossing the bridge mission! I'm just running out of ammo haha. Do I have to kill all of them?

Don't get me wrong, this is a ton of fun, just my first time really getting into DCS.

Welcome to DCS and thanks a lot for playing this. I hope you enjoy the campaign so far.

You don't have to destroy all the APC's and trucks trying to cross the bridge. You have to take down enough of them that between you and the F-4 engaging with Mav's their numbers get to the point where you have enough mission points to pass to the next one. You probably have to destroy more than 15 ground targets.

Does anyone have any tips on mission number 8? I've tried first engaging the bombers at 21,000' and the lower ones as well. Soon it turns into a turn battle and am overwhelmed by their numbers.

If your timing is right the F4's should be able to help there as well. Use your flight also.