New noob again questions

Hammer 1

Hi guys,

After a few years away from DCS I have now gone a little crazy and downloaded the F/A-18c, Nevada and Persion Gulf maps to go with my brand new Thrustmaster Warthog and TFRP pedals...

But since I am a little simple and really dont understand what I am doing I am looking for simple instructions on where to put downloaded profiles for the HOTAS, pedals and TrackIR.. To put it in perspective I really dont get the difference between a .lua and a .diff file and what is better or where to put it...

I have downloaded NOiD's Hornet profile but the instructions not as clear as I would like, or perhaps its simply my understanding from being away from the game so long..

I have tried finding out some info but there is sooo much stuff on this site and a lot of it is over my head a little, but I am super keen to get this stuff sorted so I can begin to learn the Hornet.

Thanks for all your help.

Howie.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?PER_PAGE=100&set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf[filetype]=70&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

copy paste whole line...all the profiles you want cheers

Edited by protea1

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hammer 1, I am on exactly the same path as you, just a little further down the road. I too use NOiD's superb profiles but there is some tweaking to be done to get it all to work as intended and I can make your life easier by helping you resolve a few quirks. We should figure out the best way to do this, meanwhile in a few minutes I will edit this post with a link to a thread in which TARGET power-user Frederf was very helpful to me.

(I am not understanding the point of protea1's link above but perhaps I am missing something. It appears just to be an unfiltered list of DCS resources).

OK, here is the link to my own thread about all this.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=229336

As you will see, Frederf is a real TARGET guru who was enormously helpful to me. As I say, there are quirks so I am very happy to help you resolve any remaining issues. NOiD's profiles for TARGET are great but I'm not sure how active he is at the moment.

Edited by Bahger