Backup all controller/keybind profiles with 1 button

HoneyBadger

Every 2 weeks, I make an effort to backup all of the controller profiles I have for each module I use (I use a lot of modules). This has become extremely tedious and I wish I could click a single button to save my keyboard, MFD(s), joystick, throttle and rudder profiles for every single module to a specified location on my computer.

It can't be that difficult to implement this.

Edited by HoneyBadger

why is that so tedious?

I just back up the entire folder "C:\Users\MyName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

why is that so tedious?

I just back up the entire folder "C:\Users\MyName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input".

In fact, he should regularly backup his entire \Users\Myname\ folder, since he will not have much relief on being able to only recover his DCS bindings while losing his photos, desktop or documents, on the event of a drive failure :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

In fact, he should regularly backup his entire \Users\Myname\ folder, since he will not have much relief on being able to only recover his DCS bindings while losing his photos, desktop or documents, on the event of a drive failure :)

That depends on your set-up. I don't have any of my documents, photos, media etc. on C:. These are on separate 1 TB disks. Still, there is AppData and Desktop; so yes, it's good parctice to back up the entire "\Users\Myname" folder.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

why is that so tedious?

Or they could just use an ingame option like every other game on the planet. Currently you have to save a separate profile for each controller individually, as well as for each aircraft.

Which means in my case 11-12 files per aircraft (depending on whether keyboard changes were made). Much simpler if they had a 'save all' button.

Tabbing out and copying directories is an effective ''workaround'' for a very basic thing that should be in the game. A ''clear all'' button would be greatly appreciated, too, considering DCS tendency to autoassign commands to each device.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

HoneyBadger; This is what I can suggest you to backup your inputs with "one click" --- or two; depending on your mouse settings on Windows. :D

Create a text file on your desktop. Name it: Backup Inputs.bat

Edit it and add this line with your corrections!

xcopy "C:\Users\YOUR-PC-USER-NAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input" "D:\Inputs Backup\" /E

This command will copy all input folder with subfolders into Input Backup folder at the destination you want.

I assume your installation is on C drive.

Change YOUR-PC-USER-NAME.

If you installed DCS Release Version, change DCS.openbeta to DCS

And change destination folder as you desire.

Have fun.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I don`t get it, why they cannot create a code that would save each type of control (keyboard, joystick, throttle and rudder) conneced and used in DCS automatically when pressing Ok button (I would rename it to Save). And in Input forlder there would be folder for each aircraft and all the files inside. Would be very simple and all this mess would be salved.

HoneyBadger; This is what I can suggest you to backup your inputs with "one click" --- or two; depending on your mouse settings on Windows. :D

Create a text file on your desktop. Name it: Backup Inputs.bat

Edit it and add this line with your corrections!

xcopy "C:\Users\YOUR-PC-USER-NAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input" "D:\Inputs Backup\" /E

This command will copy all input folder with subfolders into Input Backup folder at the destination you want.

I assume your installation is on C drive.

Change YOUR-PC-USER-NAME.

If you installed DCS Release Version, change DCS.openbeta to DCS

And change destination folder as you desire.

Have fun.

Thank You!

or to make it easier and not having to edit and change the username part

xcopy "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input" "D:\Inputs_Backup" /E

%USERNAME% will be replaced by the current logged in users name when it is executed

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

You can make it even simpler:

xcopy "%userprofile%\saved games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input" "D:\Inputs_Backup" /E

Then it doesn't matter on which partition your userprofile is located. :smartass:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

You can make it even simpler:

xcopy "%userprofile%\saved games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input" "D:\Inputs_Backup" /E

Then it doesn't matter on which partition your userprofile is located. :smartass:

nice

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.