Getting an RTX 2080 TI....

Any issues with DCS for the above named card before I buy it? Also will I need to do anything with my activation's once it is installed? Thank you as always in advance.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

That's not really true. I noticed around 25% improvement in VR.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

(make sure you remove the old driver correctly and install the latest Nvidia driver for the 2080 ti (which as of now is 436.30 I believe))

Can you expound on that? How do you remove the driver correctly? When I update I always do a clean install.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Any issues with DCS for the above named card before I buy it? Also will I need to do anything with my activation's once it is installed? Thank you as always in advance.

Keep in mind that older CPU can’t take full advantage of the 2080Ti, if you have a fairly recent CPU then it’s ideal. My 7700K setup for example, has some bottleneck issue (up to 30% per PC-builds calculator). My 9900K on the other hand is a great match for it.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Can you expound on that? How do you remove the driver correctly? When I update I always do a clean install.

When I do a clean install:

Download latest driver.

Download latest version of DDU ( Display Driver Uninstaller).

Unplug ethernet cable.

Reboot to Safe Mode.

Remove current driver using latest version of DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode.

Reboot to desktop ( still disconnected from internet).

Install Nvidia drivers I previously downloaded. ( I personally do not select GeForce Experience).

Reboot again just for good measure.

Reconnect ethernet cable.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Doing the process dburne describes above is the most important thing I had no end of issues with my RTX2080 when I didn't

As also send above though pointless upgrade if the rest of the system isn't up to spec.

I say very little improvement going from a 970gtx to a 2080rtx main reason being I only have 8GB of ram that was my bottleneck no matter my card

That's not really true. I noticed around 25% improvement in VR.

Yeah, but that's not worth paying the upgrade premium unless you have money to burn.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!