F16C and VR

Steph21

In the Viper introduction video, and now in his latest post on Viper Mini-series thread, Wags clearly insists on the fact that Viper will really shine in VR.

I don't recall having heard/seen such emphasis on VR on communications around latest modules (Hornet for example).

Can we expect to have the Viper been developed with a specific VR focus compared to other modules developed before ? Like specific works on MFCD for example or general optimization ?

Or is it more linked to the global DCS optimization work for VR that has been introduced in latest DCS Update ?

Edited by Steph21

Wags mentioned repeatedly how good the Hornet cockpit looked in VR during development.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• ED Team

Most aircraft, and all future aircraft aircraft in DCSWorld are built with VR in mind, it is part of the development scope for the team.

And some older aircraft like the KA-50 and A-10c are getting updates in the future, VR is very much a focus for the team. :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think the F-16 will shine in VR cause of the bubble canoy. The view it give is second to none! In the official trailer just jump to the 41 sec mark to get an idea of how uncluttered your view will be. or watch it all with a mind to how it will look with VR.

With the F-16 cockpit design irl nothing gets in the way of your view except the hud.

Ahhh reclined seat and canopy. I wasn't all that excited about the Viper until I thought about that with VR.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I think the F-16 will shine in VR cause of the bubble canoy. The view it give is second to none! In the official trailer just jump to the 41 sec mark to get an idea of how uncluttered your view will be. or watch it all with a mind to how it will look with VR.

With the F-16 cockpit design irl nothing gets in the way of your view except the hud.

Yeah of course, but i thought they might have a specific focus of ensuring MFCD and EHSI (among other things) are perfectly readable in VR in the Viper, maybe something they didn't really focus on with Hornet.

I guess we'll see

Yeah of course, but i thought they might have a specific focus of ensuring MFCD and EHSI (among other things) are perfectly readable in VR in the Viper, maybe something they didn't really focus on with Hornet.

I guess we'll see

With the Index, the MFDs and AMPCD in the Hornet are easily readable. I can only imagine the Reverb is even better.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

With the Index, the MFDs and AMPCD in the Hornet are easily readable. I can only imagine the Reverb is even better.

Same with the Rift-S

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Ok, i might be the only one having to get closer to MFD and AMPCD in VR to see clearly some info on MAP, SA page, Radar Page (target info) for example in the Hornet.

Most info are readable, but i do need to get closer to see clearly some of them, at least for me with the Rift CV1. Might be due to my settings.

Anyway, i was just wondering if we would get a specific focus on VR optimization for the Viper from Wags comment, but i guess i made up stories for myself :D

I'll be fine with the current VR rendering anyway :thumbup:

Edited by Steph21

Ok, i might be the only one having to get closer to MFD and AMPCD in VR to see clearly some info on MAP, SA page, Radar Page (target info) for example in the Hornet.

Most info are readable, but i do need to get closer to see clearly some of them, at least for me with the Rift CV1. Might be due to my settings.

Anyway, i was just wondering if we would get a specific focus on VR optimization for the Viper from Wags comment, but i guess i made up stories for myself :D

CV1 leaves a lot to be desired. You cannot expect magical improvement in visual quality when the headset itself has such a low resolution. I went from CV1 to Index and the difference is astounding.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Same with the Odyssey+. No zooming or leaning in required in the Hornet or Tomcat.:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

That's just a limitation with the CV1's resolutions / display. Nothing you can do but upgrade.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I think the F-16 will shine in VR cause of the bubble canopy.

This! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That's just a limitation with the CV1's resolutions / display. Nothing you can do but upgrade.

That's planned :D

Waiting to see feedbacks on the new VR headsets

Nice to hear you guys can see a real difference from CV1

That's planned :D

Waiting to see feedbacks on the new VR headsets

Nice to hear you guys can see a real difference from CV1

I went from the CV1 to the S and that’s a very noticeable jump. Specially if you have the horsepower to run it at 1.5 PD or higher.

Proud owner of:

I went from the CV1 to the S and that’s a very noticeable jump. Specially if you have the horsepower to run it at 1.5 PD or higher.

Yeah I have found 1.5 PD to be the sweet spot for res in the S, and because it ASW's to 40 down from 45 you seem to have a tiny bit more headroom despite the res bump - I used to run the CV1 at PD 1.3.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I have found 1.5 PD to be the sweet spot for res in the S, and because it ASW's to 40 down from 45 you seem to have a tiny bit more headroom despite the res bump - I used to run the CV1 at PD 1.3.

Yeah, Ditto... Which is quite counter intuitive. But hey, I'll take it!:thumbup:

Proud owner of:

Going from a CV-1 to the reverb is complete game changer. The ability to read instruments without zooming, to be able to spot aircraft and actually see them. I can't describe it other then it feels like you are looking at a 3d 4k monitor in each eye.

The Reverb does look awesome but I'm not sure I have the rig capable of pushing that many pixels in VR tbh.

Proud owner of:

I upgraded from the Vive Pro to the Valve Index, and for this it is huge... at 8k I was able to see a Rapier dust off and launch at me, and avoid it. The vive pro was too pixilated.

With the Index, and the F18 which I fly all time, lines are more crisp, which increases the ability to see things in the cockpit. The cockpit itself looks amazing with the crisper lines and colors.

I can't wait to see the F-16. VR or nothing.