Jumo-213A for Dora

Yo-Yo

Isnt that actually a DB 605 just Played faster. I still remember how this sound was done ;)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110029

Should be close to the original. But im still interested how ED´s Jumo will sound.

well theres no real working engine in the world atm, to take ref from. but I got help from the community as its really same as the DB605 just higher RPMS.

only flyable is the bmw power plant, sounds nice the bmw radial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoEs2VtVYI

Edited by diveplane

according to this footage its a authentic jumo possibly a 213F being run up on ground.

maybe this aircraft in video

Wk. Nr. 836017, a Fw 190 D-13 from 1./JG 26 as flown by Major Franz Götz. After capture labelled FE-117 and later donated to the Georgia Technical University, and then fell into disrepair. Later restored in Germany by William Flugzeuge and returned to the Champlin Fighter Museum in Mesa, Arizona. It was later donated to the Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington when the Champlin museum closed its doors, and is now on display in Everett, Washington as a part of Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection. The aircraft has been restored close to flyable condition, but it will not be flown because it is the only surviving D-13. While part of the Champlin collection the engine was run on several occasions.

but theres no flyable airframes with this power plant to date in the world sadly.

my audio mod is fairly close to the jumo sound I would say. very similar in sound to the BF109 power plant, higher rpm,

thx Isegrim for your research your right.

Edited by diveplane

according to this footage its a authentic jumo possibly a 213F being run up on ground.

maybe this aircraft in video

The aircraft has been restored close to flyable condition, but it will not be flown because it is the only surviving D-13.

The Jumo in this *D* is the only Jumo still able to run in this Universe.

*Close to Flying conditions* means that there is a part missing in the Engine Controls which cant be replaced or been rebuilded (No Plans or to expensive or whatever), so it is only able to run Startup conditions 1000~1200 RPM.

I think thats the most important thing why it was never flown again.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

The Jumo in this *D* is the only Jumo still able to run in this Universe.

*Close to Flying conditions* means that there is a part missing in the Engine Controls which cant be replaced or been rebuilded (No Plans or to expensive or whatever), so it is only able to run Startup conditions 1000~1200 RPM.

I think thats the most important thing why it was never flown again.

According to one of those commentors on Youtube, it since actually got the missing part as part of a further restoration, but was then shipped to a museum for static display.

I take it you read the link I posted? I was posting from memory and admit I was wrong about the reversion to 100/130, as it says they reverted back to the original 100/150 mix losing the extra lead, which had caused problems not only with spark plugs but valve seats and according to some units the engines rubber seals and caused the occassional crash on take off. This is all in the link I posted.

The main point I was trying to make was that 150 fuel had pluses and minuses and the whine was for only the positives with no consideration for any negatives. It was US field commanders complaining about the time they spent in the shop not me. In game if we have 100/150 mustangs I don't have a problem with that, but wouldn't you agree that the pilot should have to use a blast of high revs to clean the plugs periodically as they did historically? More pilot workload and something else to remember with consequences modelled ingame if they don't?

Every sim so far has undermodelled allied pilot workload and minimised the great advantage of German fighters which had only a power lever with all other engine controls automated and linked to it. So forgive me if I'm somewhat peeved by the p51 won the war crowd who want not only the cake but to eat it as well when historically the situation wasn't that clear cut. As a 109 driver I'm thinking they'll be in for something of a shock meeting a properly modelled 109k4 which was just as fast, had better weapons and could outclimb them by a 1000ft a minute. Then the real whinning will start :)

...and it sounds like you want your cake and to eat it, too, as well.

I have no issues that the Mustang might be denied a fuel that it commonly used, but I *do* have issues with a quite rare (in the Luftwaffe) lead-computing gunsight being slapped on every FW190 AND the Mustangs not having access to the better fuel that a great many of them (a majority, from what I've seen!) had access to.

It's like someone said "oh, hey, the modelled P-51 has a lead computing sight, so we need to equalize that on the FW190 for game balance", but didn't want to do the same for the Mustang. Particularly annoying considering that the weapons loadout is already dissimilar, so why are they trying to "equalize" it? Isn't the greater impact of the cannon perfectly adequate "balance" for a lead-computing sight's superior accuracy?

TBH, though, the mustang should get 150 grade fuel. It seems quite silly to invest such time and effort in building the most accurate renditions of ultra late war German planes, while not giving the allied aircraft performance equal to the time period in which the simulated opponents existed. Especially for the P-47, which is going to be quite miserable going against Nov 44/ later opponents with Pre-June 44 power settings. Alas, you could presumably not equip 109s or 190s with MW50 in missions, or make it a mix of with and without. That would actually be quite realistic. The question is, can you be that specific with the fuel loadouts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

• ED Team
TBH, though, the mustang should get 150 grade fuel. It seems quite silly to invest such time and effort in building the most accurate renditions of ultra late war German planes, while not giving the allied aircraft performance equal to the time period in which the simulated opponents existed. Especially for the P-47, which is going to be quite miserable going against Nov 44/ later opponents with Pre-June 44 power settings. Alas, you could presumably not equip 109s or 190s with MW50 in missions, or make it a mix of with and without. That would actually be quite realistic. The question is, can you be that specific with the fuel loadouts?

I'll ask Yo-Yo about fuel grades when he gets back from Duxford... honestly my hope would have been something like fuel grades and even supplies for things like MW50 could be optional in Mission Builder, and restricted in resource management.... least those are on my wishlist.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I'll ask Yo-Yo about fuel grades when he gets back from Duxford... honestly my hope would have been something like fuel grades and even supplies for things like MW50 could be optional in Mission Builder, and restricted in resource management.... least those are on my wishlist.

Thanks. The issue of 150 and how the fuel/ methanol loadouts work in the mission editor is quite important to me. Time period wise, a D-30 P-47 and P-51D have direct analogs in the Bf109 G-14 and 190A8(I know the A8 is Feb 44, but the Dora didnt show up till way way later so close as it gets.) I've always wondered why super late war German birds were picked in the first place given the rest of the selection. The spit 9 for example is way out of place. All that being said, add 150 grade fuel would make things historically even. With 150 grade fuel boosts the performance of the Mid 44 fighter very significantly, allowing them to stay as good as or better than their competition. For example, a P-51 goes from climbing at 3600fpm to 4300fpm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

• 2 weeks later...
Very interesting, this contains a reference on pages 4 and 5 about the JUMO 213 E engine, don't think it's part of this manual, but that's something I haven't seen anywhere else yet.

MAC

Here's a Jumo 213 Übersichtsmappe from December 1944, showing the "power-egg" installations for the likes of the Ju 88 and Ta 152: