Stennis carrier netcode needs improvement

D4n

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yes I'm very sorry, I will work on reproducing this asap. (Although from my experience this happens regularly on several PvE servers)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Just get the guys from GAW to give you their tracks, that's pretty much an every day occurrence there.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just get the guys from GAW to give you their tracks, that's pretty much an every day occurrence there.

Excellent idea!

Not only that... seems that several players lagged into several players.

• ED Team

If people have bad connections / packet loss there isn't a lot that will help in those circumstances, no matter how good your net code is or isn't.

Busy servers tend to see it more, it maybe worth experimenting reducing player numbers to see if the experience improves, it could well be a server bandwidth issue. It is difficult to tell.

I fly with a small group maybe 6 - 8 of us on max and we never have an issue with lag unless one of our connections is playing up.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I really can't believe it.

Rubberbanding, sliding over the deck, shaking in the backseat, falling off from the carrier when it is turning, bouncing on the shore, not synchronized fuel hoses on the tanker, unbelieveable performance drops when playing online, bugs known since months.

All together with hardware, which should be capable of 120+ fps when you look at the optic and compare it to other games.

When you guys say, you need a track file for any of that "unbelieveable disturbing shortcommings / bugs", then it just feels like played a trick on us.

If you have never seen such problems, you have never played your own game. Otherwise you will know that this all is just "a normal day in MP on DCS".

Busy servers tend to see it more, it maybe worth experimenting reducing player numbers to see if the experience improves, it could well be a server bandwidth issue. It is difficult to tell.

DCS is not a fast paced FPS with a lot of fast moving and looking around with a lot of other players where kills have to be synchronized in thousands of a second.

On my rig, while playing myself, I host a CSGO match for 10 people. How can that be smooth as silk, and DCS starts to run into problems with 6 people that we collide on the deck, slide a few meters with wheel chocks or even fall off from the carrier when it is turning?.

I fly with a small group maybe 6 - 8 of us on max and we never have an issue with lag unless one of our connections is playing up.

It's fine if you have never issues, but that does not say that there are no problems.

Sorry, I don't want to be salty, but DCS really needs to get their homework done.

And saying "here it is no problem" or "we need a track" for problems people have every day and which can be easily reproduced if you just play the game, then this feels strange to me.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• ED Team

Sorry, I don't want to be salty, but DCS really needs to get their homework done.

What do you think the reason in offering an Open Beta version of DCS World is for? It is for just this type of issue. If you don't want to supply tracks, that is fine, but don't report issues either, we know there are issues, but having more data is better than less.

This report was on a specific issue, related to the Carrier, of course, a track, and in this case, a Server and client(s) track would be appreciated. As I have said many times before, we appreciate all those that take the time to test and report, but if it's not your thing, then that is fine as well, but please don't come dump on the process. When it comes to MP, there are soooo many more variables.

So before anyone else posts, this is a bug report, unless you have something to add to this specific issue, such as tracks, please don't muddy up the waters.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I understand the need for a track file and I will certainly be getting you fellas very many here very soon from my own experiences. But I can tell you the following.

A. my server is run on a dedicated fiber 1gb/s up/down

B. regardless of ping it happens

Now I'm not gonna sit here and complain without a simple solution either.

Wanna know how you fix this? Code in an invulnerable state for say, 10 seconds upon spawn in. Like Super Mario Brothers of old. Warp all you want to, you will just pass right through everyone else with no harm done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

• ED Team

That is a decent idea IceFire, not sure if ED has ever thought of that, I think one of the big reasons with the Stennis is also how parking works, it's just a hunch on my part of course, but because there is no real assigned parking, I wonder if that adds to the chaos when you have a number of aircraft spawning in at once.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

That is a decent idea IceFire, not sure if ED has ever thought of that, I think one of the big reasons with the Stennis is also how parking works, it's just a hunch on my part of course, but because there is no real assigned parking, I wonder if that adds to the chaos when you have a number of aircraft spawning in at once.

Guarantee that it does.. I also attempted a workaround in the following post.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247569

Posted tracks. If that trigger could be repaired the workaround would be viable until ED fixes the parking. It's a pain in the rump to trigger but it would absolutely work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

I can confirm this is a common problem that we are facing both on our 24/ servers and on mission server that we use for our squadron training/custom mission.

When we are usual to do a mission for example we started with paused games, we need to pick only one slot per carrier at the "unpause" event, if we have already picked up all the slot on the carrier, and then we unpause the server, we're going to have this kind of "lags" between us almost 10/10 times, colliding each other and stuff like that.

For the turning carrier and falling down problem, based on my experience, seems also related to the carrier speed itself, much speed much "sliding" effects on the deck even with chocks in place, doesn't change anything :-(

Unfortunately I don't have the .trk at the moment, I'll try to collect it in the next mission since it's pretty common problem.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I really really really would avoid using Pause on a server, it has a natural desync moment the server has to sort out quite quickly. Much better to load people in in an organised way.

• Give people a cat to go to and have a person dedicated to the deck traffic and organise the load order.
  • If there are both Tomcat's and Hornets you need to sort the Tomcat's first due to their size.
  • Put the Tomcat's on the cats first, wings in oversweep until they are to be launched.
  • If a Hornet spawns in on an elevator, keep him there with the chocks on to force a spawn elsewhere. He is safe and out of the way.
  • If a Hornet spawns on a Cat move him, because it will bug the launch, they nosedive for some reason. Move them to the "street", lining up from behind Cat 2 at a slant so they can be taxied around.
  • Dont have the carrier turning whilst setting up cats and spawning in. if using a script to control it, establish it's wind over deck first.
  • Dont have more than 7kts wind in game for carrier ops. There's a sweet spot around there, any more and turning on deck becomes 'odd', causes the "vibrating RIO" and deck roll slippage to get very dangerous.
  • When the cats are filled, move Hornets specifically one at a time to behind their starting cat to release more space.

You can load way more folks into the Stennis than you think, enough for the largest of squadrons, but who would have guessed it, you need to be organised!

I can confirm this is a common problem that we are facing both on our 24/ servers and on mission server that we use for our squadron training/custom mission.

When we are usual to do a mission for example we started with paused games, we need to pick only one slot per carrier at the "unpause" event, if we have already picked up all the slot on the carrier, and then we unpause the server, we're going to have this kind of "lags" between us almost 10/10 times, colliding each other and stuff like that.

For the turning carrier and falling down problem, based on my experience, seems also related to the carrier speed itself, much speed much "sliding" effects on the deck even with chocks in place, doesn't change anything :-(

Unfortunately I don't have the .trk at the moment, I'll try to collect it in the next mission since it's pretty common problem.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Spawn immunity might be interesting, I'm not sure if they can do that simply, it seems to be these types of effects are global in nature. However I'd definitely like to see Statics having no collision model on the carrier. A lot of people are using them to fill the deck and that creates even more issues.

I dont think this has anything to do with netcode, netcode is global, it cares not where people are in the game. The issues stem from the modelling of wind over the deck and how the rolling carrier doesn't plant the object fast to the deck, but at a fixed position above the sea. I'm not sure how the Hornet is better than the Tomcat for staying still, but this is a factor of the very core of the game's physics design and the reason you get a story of stickiness to the deck when doing touch and goes. If ED create a sim that can handle some of these legacy issues, it will be a great day. For now, best to work around them.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *