FW 190 D-9 cockpit to get a re-work

xvii-Dietrich

Me neither, although it'd be interesting to know which particular RL model our Dora is based on - if any.
That's the thing, I don't believe it was based in any RL aircraft, just some drawing grabbed from the internet and definitely those weren't very good. It was a long time ago, but IIRC 3D model was bought to a third party by ED, it's not their own job.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

i agree with Alan13 due to very difficult situation in german industry we can expect some difrences in plane but imo those difrences will be only minor changes. we can expec difrent cocpits lay out dofrent switches difren gages maby difrent version of engine not meeting power specs, maby even missing some gages or equipment of the plane etc. But difrent wings airfoils which is one of the most important things in plane impacting flight characteristics, randomly switched by difrent factories??

i think the more possible scenario would be that fw 190 d-9 had his own wing redesigned to fit better with v12 inline engine but shortages in industry forced designers to use already existing wing form previous fw190s that scenario is much more possibble for me. Becous designing and setting up production line for new wings type would be bigger effor than using older wings maby even avilable dou to surplus production alredy.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

have you seen new screenshots of A-8 in todays newsletter oh man those wings looks so perfect :)

Yeah, it looks great. Maybe they can make a new D-9 using the A-8 model. A Jumo in the front and an extension in the tail and vertical stabilizer. Done! Sort of. :music_whistling: