Activate enemy aircraft with trigger

derodo

Hi there, I was just wondering...is it possible to have an ACTIVE enemy fighter, parked, and make it go live using a trigger?

I mean, I know I can do it with the LATE ACTIVATION option, and then using ACTIVATE GROUP in the trigger command.

But that makes the unit invisble in the mission until it gets activated, which is not as inmersive.

I was trying to park two enemy fighters so they stayed there until certain contidions are met (i.e. player enters a given zone, some unit gets damaged, etc.).

I tried playing around with advanced waypoint options & triggres like enable/disable AI, stop/resume group, but those options are not available for fighter groups. So I was not unable to accomplish the goal.

Any hints?

Add you AI aircraft, click on it. Go to the triggered action tab and add the 'start' action (can't remember the category you can find this start action but just look for it).

Very important thing: check the checkbox 'uncontrolled aircraft' otherwise your AI aircraft will start the moment you release the pause.

Then, go to your trigger table in ME. Create a trigger with the condition of your choice. Then in the action column you choose to trigger AI action, and in the drop down menu of this action, choose the one you want (starting with name of unit /coma/ type of action which in your case going to be start).

Activate enemy aircraft with trigger

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Will try it out tonight!

EDIT: ok just tested it and it works! Can’t believe I missed that “Start” action in the “Perform Command” section.

Thanks again!

Edited by derodo

• 4 weeks later...

You are correct, I misunderstood. Not a bug though, just works a little differently. For ground units use GROUP AI OFF/GROUP AI ON or GROUP STOP/GROUP RESUME depending on whether you want the vehicles to react to threats.

The checkbox you are seeing is "uncontrollaBLE" for ground units to prevent players with Combined Arms from altering their behavior.