Canopy reflections - Can I turn them off?

*Rage*

Hi,

Unless if you're a modder, I think it's impossible :/ I didn't put my head into that but it seems to be the only way to bypass it.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Been there, done that.:pilotfly:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

You can simply replace the reflection texture with empty one:

1) Open this ZIP file:

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip

2) replace the original A-10C-glass-REFLECT.dds file with the one I attached to this post (it's in the zip file - I cannot upload DDS files for some reason). The new texture file is empty transparent 1x1 pixel texture so the original reflection is gone.

Hope it helps.

edit : this is mod for a10c, but you can do this for any aircraft - just replace the glass reflection texture the same way.

edit 2 : Also it might be a good idea to backup the original file in case you want the original glass texture back. This is just something I made on the spot since you asked for it and I thought it might solve your problem.

A-10C-glass-REFLECT.zip

Edited by lanmancz
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

1) Open this ZIP file:

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip

2) replace the original A-10C-glass-REFLECT.dds file with the one I attached to this post (it's in the zip file - I cannot upload DDS files for some reason). The new texture file is empty transparent 1x1 pixel texture so the original reflection is gone.

Hope it helps.

edit : this is mod for a10c, but you can do this for any aircraft - just replace the glass reflection texture the same way.

edit 2 : Also it might be a good idea to backup the original file in case you want the original glass texture back. This is just something I made on the spot since you asked for it and I thought it might solve your problem.

Thanks, much appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

1) Open this ZIP file:

Hope it helps.

Does this gives you some extra fps because of less details of the canopy?

Does this gives you some extra fps because of less details of the canopy?

No. The glass reflection is fake - it's not actual real-time reflection of the cockpit - it's just a semi-transparent glass texture. All I did was just cut out a small clear bit and saved it as a new texture file. Sure, you save few MB of video memory I guess but you will not notice any difference in fps at all.

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Been there, done that.:pilotfly:

This reminds me of that story :joystick: :)

http://www.vfp62.com/F14_RIO.html

and all the reflections are gone

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT