Q: What makes the labels on the panels more clear?

DerekSpeare

I have the resolution to 1024 for every frame, but the labels on the switches are pretty pixelated - these screens are from a non VR PC.

f161.thumb.JPG.956c8fd14ca8f6556724235231e22a03.JPG

f162.thumb.JPG.8ee86933ae40450953177af8297c84bd.JPG

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I could be wrong, but the 1024 every frame is not for cockpit textures, but the displays? I don’t see that and my value is definitely lower than 1024.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

"Textures" to HIGH - that did it! Thank you!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

OMG how long have you been flying DCS with cockpit textures set to low - yikes.

Also just FYI but 1024 every frame is unnecessary and costly - 512 or just the 1024 setting is fine for the MFD displays.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Two things have to be done.

On your side: Up the textures and probably your rig so it can run that well enough

On ED's side: finally split cockpit and external textures settings so we can lower them for things outside of our office without making our cockpits useless at the same time. Not having this option was the main reason for me to throw the 970 out of my rig as 3.5GB just didn't cut it anymore.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I run textures on LOW on my VR system since I don't want to wreck the frame rates. I use the label flyouts for cockpit control elements (switches/buttons) and resize the font to 24-32. Since the option doesn't distinguish what the "textures" are, I have to conclude this setting is for all textures.

It would be beneficial to have an option for "Cockpit Textures", but that's wishful thinking. I will test on HIGH and see what happens. I agree with Eldur's recommendation, but again, wishful thinking.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

I run textures on LOW on my VR system since I don't want to wreck the frame rates. I use the label flyouts for cockpit control elements (switches/buttons) and resize the font to 24-32. Since the option doesn't distinguish what the "textures" are, I have to conclude this setting is for all textures.

It would be beneficial to have an option for "Cockpit Textures", but that's wishful thinking. I will test on HIGH and see what happens. I agree with Eldur's recommendation, but again, wishful thinking.

Just a friendly comment and tip:

Texture settings have a very minimal performance difference in regards to FPS. As long as you have enough RAM/VRAM so to avoid lags/freezes/hickup because of HDD swapping, I'd never set them to anything else than HIGH and Anisotropic Filtering to 16x (which also have a minimal performance hit).

Instead, lower shadow settings and turn off mirrors.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Two things have to be done.

On your side: Up the textures and probably your rig so it can run that well enough

On ED's side: finally split cockpit and external textures settings so we can lower them for things outside of our office without making our cockpits useless at the same time. Not having this option was the main reason for me to throw the 970 out of my rig as 3.5GB just didn't cut it anymore.

I agree with this. Whilst it might not make sense to some people, VR has a certain frustration attached that you need to have cockpit to max but outside it matters less and helps performance (sometimes).

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *