Online Real Weather

toni

Hi guys, now that a full set of new type of clouds is being developed, what do you tell me about the chance of having downloadable Real Meteo thus Reading local Metars + Tafors for a given map and injecting into the sim.

Just an idea.

Real Time weather is a nice feature for a GA SIM, but it would be a lot of effort for something of little use in a combat SIM.

Particularly WRT ground pounding / choppers, there's no point in firing up a mission (SP or MP) only to discover that the area has 10/10 cloud cover, and it's sitting on the ground.

A2A maybe less of a problem, but if you're 10km does it make any difference what the weather on the ground is ?

I think it would be more useful to vastly[/] improve the available features and GUI for weather creation & randomisation within defined parameters, so users can make weather (cloud cover, precipitation, wind & turbulence) a more intrinsic part of mission creation.

Cheers.

Real Time weather is a nice feature for a GA SIM, but it would be a lot of effort for something of little use in a combat SIM.

Particularly WRT ground pounding / choppers, there's no point in firing up a mission (SP or MP) only to discover that the area has 10/10 cloud cover, and it's sitting on the ground.

A2A maybe less of a problem, but if you're 10km does it make any difference what the weather on the ground is ?

I think it would be more useful to vastly[/] improve the available features and GUI for weather creation & randomisation within defined parameters, so users can make weather (cloud cover, precipitation, wind & turbulence) a more intrinsic part of mission creation.

I do not agree. It must have synchronization with real time. This will bring the simulator to life. Every simulator has it. It should already exist in DCS. It makes no sense to be setting up layers by layers with this new climate. It has to have real time integration with the weather. :thumbup:

Edited by ThorBrasil

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Really ?

Think about how it would actually play out when you launched a mission.

For example, how do you make use of a mission that simulates flying to a hard ceiling at the cloud layer, when after you launch it you discover that there's no cloud.

Other than cool factor, I don't see what it actually adds to the simulation experience.

Cheers.

Really ?

For example, how do you make use of a mission that simulates flying to a hard ceiling at the cloud layer, when after you launch it you discover that there's no cloud.

Other than cool factor, I don't see what it actually adds to the simulation experience.

But the idea is to put in the editor the custom or real-time weather. You choose. :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Really ?

That's a good point. However, Real Weather could still add a lot to multiplayer or a Dynamic Campaign whenever we eventually get one.

dynamic weather was the fsx feature that i loved most. I hope they will add it to dcs as well

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5