MiG-19P Guns and Rockets Pods

AlienAlien

Accordingly to Hans-Heiri Stapfer book "MiG-19 Farmer in action", MiG-19P Farmer B was equiped with two NR-23 cannons (120 rounds each).

It could also carry only one rockets pod, the two rockets pods version beeing east german field kits for their Farmer B.

So, can we expect a 23mm version of our MiG-19 ?

Can’t find a lot of info about it and don’t where I read it, but I had always heard that some variants of J-6 had only 23mm(it was eventually the only guns used by Q-5 also), specifically the ones with radar. But looking online I’m seeing some MiG made examples that look like their wing root guns are too small for 30mm. It is certainly an interesting case, need to do more research. Yefim Gordon why you so pricy:helpsmilie:

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Only early series MiG-19P had the 23mm cannons. They were later replaced by the same NR-30 cannons of the MiG-19S but without muzzle brakes. Razbam MiG-19P is a late version updated to also use R-3S AA missiles.

When you say that it can only use one rocket pod, do you mean one per wing? Also, Germans never had MiG-19P, only S and PMs.

Yes, I'm wrong about East German P as only four warsaw pact countries had some of that version and East Germany is not one of them. :doh:

I'm pretty confused because I can see pictures of Romanian MiG-19P with two ORO-57 pods (one under each wing) but the Soviet MiG-19P carried only one just behind the front wheel.

By the way, I can also see that Romanian MiG have NR-23 cannons and these MiGs are ex-soviet PVO jets. There is any mention about MiG-19P carrying NR-30 cannons in Stapfer's book, only NR-23 for weight saving measure.