[NOT REALISTIC] Changing radar display range with TDC

Wizard1393

Isn’t it supposed to work like in the f16? Less cumbersome and more logical, that the TDC e.g slews down past the limits, changes range, and then continues from the top.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Negative, move the cursor out of the limits and back in to change scale, or you can cursor over the option you want to change and all the possible options appear, hover over the one you want and TDC depress to select.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I was kinda hoping ED got this one wrong... The F-16 way is just so much better.

For the Hornet, just map the two MFD OSB buttons responsible for radar range to your HOTAS. :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

actually you can change the radar range with the TDC. It's not like in the Viper though.

You can slew the TDC cursor to the range up or range down arrow on the DDI and press TDC-depress.

It is not as elegant as the Viper's solution, but better than nothing, imho.

(btw.: there is also other stuff you can select with this method on the DDI's)

EDIT: oops, Tholozor already said that before :book:

Edited by Tom Kazansky

The way to do it that is similar to viper is to quickly slew off the top/bottom and then back onto the page again, this will increase/decrease the range respectively

yeah, I missed that Tholozor already said how it works in the Hornet. The Viper's solution seems better, but it is not in the nature of DCS to provide what would be better but you get what is real. I'm ok with that.

If it would work like in the Viper, it would always change scale if you just want to use the TDC cursor to change the settings on the top of the screen (e.g. changing number of bars to scan). That would be pretty annoying.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If it would work like in the Viper, it would always change scale if you just want to use the TDC cursor to change the settings on the top of the screen (e.g. changing number of bars to scan). That would be pretty annoying.

Correct.

There are two ways to do it. Both with pros and cons. Ain't that one of the reasons why we buy so many aircraft? ;)

Edited by Tom Kazansky