R-77 Usefulness? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-29-2019, 01:36 PM   #21
Airhunter

Get close, use it, notch or drag. It is a decent WVR missile.
Airhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #22
JunMcKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlankerMan View Post
Seeing as the only two currently flyable aircraft in DCS that can use the Adder (the MiG-29S and the J-11A) can only launch it in STT mode, meaning the target gets launch warnings (no soft lock TWS option like in F-15C), and there isn't a countdown timer to missile pitbull (so they just keep target locked until confirmed impact or miss), is it much better than the R-27ER?
We have been in the same discussion for years about the Russian's ARH missile and the way they are locked and launched, AFAIK ED have no real information about how it works with the MIG-29S and the real radar modes of modern Russian aircrafts. Or maybe, they have the info, but is not published online and can't simulate it.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:19 PM   #23
Keks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
F/A-18C and F-16C are way newer than that REDFOR has. Our REDFOR is limited to FC3 or 1-2nd generation fighters.
Thats a server problem and not a DCS problem. There is nothing wrong with putting current gen4s like the hornet, eagle or viper on both sides.....
Keks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:49 PM   #24
JunMcKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keks View Post
Thats a server problem and not a DCS problem. There is nothing wrong with putting current gen4s like the hornet, eagle or viper on both sides.....
The problem is that people DONT want to play the same aircraft both sides!!, they want to use Russians aircrafts in the RED side, that's all!. I love american aircraft, but I want to see diversity and that is DCS's problem, not the server.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #25
Schmidtfire

I agree. People only looking to fly the ”best” or most ”capable” aircraft online is not getting what DCS is about at all.
Schmidtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:18 AM   #26
=RvE=Tito

The TWS launch regardless whether it's a single shot or salvo of two in the MiG-29S gives immediate warning as soon as the missile(s) goes off the rail. I personally ignore the R-77. It tracks better than the ER and it is extremely maneuverable but it's pathetic range is just meh. For a close combat fight there's the R-73.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:58 AM   #27
AeriaGloria

RVE Tito have you tried R-77 since Advanced proportional navigation update? It was about the time the MiG-29 PFM was finished that it was added. Of course an ER is a much longer stick, but it has greater parity now against maneuvering targets
AeriaGloria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:27 AM   #28
=RvE=Tito

Regardless of it's guidance it still seems pointless of having ARH missile for within visual range engagement.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:13 PM   #29
AeriaGloria

I could say the same about SARH
AeriaGloria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:23 AM   #30
TaxDollarsAtWork

I mean to discount the advantages the R-27ER has in regards to speed larger NEZ and Range is kind of dumb honestly to not even bring a few of them
TaxDollarsAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote