DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

I have a nagging question, but why does it seem ED staff are more open to answering these type of questions on the reddit forums instead of their own in house forums? This is a perception that I am getting.

I do appreciate the effort in trying to get a response though.

Probably because this forum bloated to the point where even glancing at everything is a full day job.

Have you seen how many sub forums and threads there are?

At least on reddit you can easily see what's hot at any time.

At least on reddit you can easily see what's hot at any time.

Same here (when logged in):

PBL3i9b.png

or when not logged in:

MxyV1bM.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Nah, ED don't tend to miss release dates.

What they release might be buggy, but they'll likely release on time :D

Yeah given the difficulties with 2.5.6 I think there might be a slight delay though. I don't think they "planned" for how many things it broke. I'd rather wait 2 more weeks than having everything broken again with the SC.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team

Hi all

We are planning to give more information soon about the timeline for the supercarrier.

Once we know for sure we will share it with you all in a newsletter.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

We are planning to give more information soon about the timeline for the supercarrier.

Thank you

Thank you!

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

Hi all

Thank you

But will you release it by the end of March?

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

But will you release it by the end of March?

I am sure ED is planning to do just that, and I would assume "yes, they will", so long as there are no showstopping bugs or other issues that might prevent a release at that time.

Considering how much of a moving target software development tends to be, we can only hope for the best.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Next week will be interesting to see if there have been significant strides made in the bug cleanup. If you see a lot of positive coming from the community then that could give an indication that we may see the super carrier released before the end of the month.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Next week will be interesting to see if there have been significant strides made in the bug cleanup. If you see a lot of positive coming from the community then that could give an indication that we may see the super carrier released before the end of the month.

I don't think there's much point looking to the community for an indication, as we appear to be kept in the dark at the moment.

I don't think there's much point looking to the community for an indication, as we appear to be kept in the dark at the moment.

I was taking into account that we would get an update to the OB, as planned.

And from that release the positive responses, if any, could be an indicator. If not, then all bets are off. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Considering we haven't heard a word or seen any video about the Supercarrier lately, and it seems ED has had all hands on deck dealing with 2.5.6, I predict it will be pushed back a little. Maybe end of April.

We'll see, though. I'd love to be wrong.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I'd rather wait longer and have it working to an acceptable level than have some kind of horrific only works in Single Player type of release.

Take your time ED, we can wait another few weeks while she's in dry dock getting the final touches!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I have a nagging question, but why does it seem ED staff are more open to answering these type of questions on the reddit forums instead of their own in house forums? This is a perception that I am getting.

I agree. One would think the main source of information for DCS would be this forum. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

;4243409']I'd rather wait longer and have it working to an acceptable level than have some kind of horrific only works in Single Player type of release.

Take your time ED, we can wait another few weeks while she's in dry dock getting the final touches!

I believe all of our guys feel the same. We are at the point where we cringe when there's an update because lately an update introduces more bugs than it fixes. We have too many bugs now particularly online, so we'd be happier to have it released later than rushed out the door. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

;4243409']I'd rather wait longer and have it working to an acceptable level than have some kind of horrific only works in Single Player type of release.

Depends on how long another few weeks is. There are many that have pre-paid and would like to see a return on their "investment". I am not saying I will be one of those that will be bringing the torch if there is a push out on the date, but there was an advertised time for release that some will likely get PO'd if missed. It has happened before.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

I believe all of our guys feel the same. We are at the point where we cringe when there's an update because lately an update introduces more bugs than it fixes. We have too many bugs now particularly online, so we'd be happier to have it released later than rushed out the door.
You Name it. I could easily wait one more month, if the FC Mig29 gets a Pilot Body announcement

But please ED,use the ED Forum instead of Reddit.

@ micsmotionsimulator

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Lol. . . It`s because the Reddit community is not affected by DCS political correctness when it comes to criticism. Quite simple really.

Lol. . . It`s because the Reddit community is not affected by DCS political correctness when it comes to criticism. Quite simple really.

So why answer questions there when you're likely to be torched for the smallest misspoken word as opposed to your home turf forums where it's more "tamed"?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Depends on how long another few weeks is. There are many that have pre-paid and would like to see a return on their "investment". I am not saying I will be one of those that will be bringing the torch if there is a push out on the date, but there was an advertised time for release that some will likely get PO'd if missed. It has happened before.

While I understand your statement, I think those that pre-purchased the SC should understand it was a early access. Therefore "return on investment" does not really apply here, IMO. Since only a general time frame was released, I don't understand how hard it would be to accept 3-4 weeks of more work. Don't get me wrong, if they missed the window by 6 months that would be a huge problem and I would hope that is known. I agree with Maverick and BoneDust, nothing wrong with a few more weeks to make sure they get out a good product.

As a random DCS player nüb what would help is just a weekly update, even if its 'hey no news this week but here's a screenshot of a boat'. Currently I'm getting my news from this sub forum and some chaps video off of Youtube who says 2.5.6 is having issues. As game nerds we all know by now how development works, Q + 6 months, so just tell us otherwise the community is hyped on edge waiting for something that doesn't arrive :book:

Coming March 25

This game will unlock in approximately 12 days

Pre-Purchase DCS: Supercarrier

Was just looking in the Steam website and they posted the above.. I don't think that after waiting all of this time, that it won't be long now....

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Coming March 25

This game will unlock in approximately 12 days

Pre-Purchase DCS: Supercarrier

Was just looking in the Steam website and they posted the above.. I don't think that after waiting all of this time, that it won't be long now....

FYI, Steam release dates don't really mean anything and are not binding. Steam has to have a release date posted, but it can be revised.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro