Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

I'm pretty sure the WWII ground units will be available to control by player.. I don't see any reason to not be.

We have WWII units and we have CA system, so... why not? ))

Exactly, I don't see any reason why WW2 ground units should be any different than the current units regarding CA.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We have WWII units and we have CA system, so... why not? ))

Any chance we could have a forward looking cockpit shot from the spitfire, pretty please? :music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Note most CA units have custom "cockpits", this took significant work, well after CA was released. Don't expect 1st person perspective units, if any, to be polished.

Nate

They do? Was that always the case? Haven't touched CA in a while to be honest, because I'm waiting for some major changes, but I can't remember having cockpits. It was just a clear camera attached to the tank turret with some HUD symbology (speed, ammo, crosshair, ...).

Edit: Now when I thought about it, I think the HMMWV did indeed had a cockpit.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Note most CA units have custom "cockpits", this took significant work, well after CA was released. Don't expect 1st person perspective units, if any, to be polished.

Nate

wait, they do? I only know those HUD thingies. I've never seen a "cockpit" for any CA unit. As far as I can tell there is a "eye point" for different positions and that's it.

EDIT:

LOL, didn't read QuiGon's post, which is identical to mine. :D

• Like 1

wait, they do? I only know those HUD thingies. I've never seen a "cockpit" for any CA unit. As far as I can tell there is a "eye point" for different positions and that's it.

EDIT:

LOL, didn't read QuiGon's post, which is identical to mine. :D

They units do have different symbology on the HUD, and some SAM units already have a radar panel.

• Like 1

They do? Was that always the case? Haven't touched CA in a while to be honest, because I'm waiting for some major changes, but I can't remember having cockpits. It was just a clear camera attached to the tank turret with some HUD symbology (speed, ammo, crosshair, ...).

Edit: Now when I thought about it, I think the HMMWV did indeed had a cockpit.

Apologies, yeah I admit that wasn't clear - admittedly they're called "cockpits" in the Files that define the customizations between the vehicles. A basic file framework if you will. Each Vehicle has its own framework in this manner, allowing to be built further upon, unique for each vehicle..

Nate

• Like 1

Included, but not functional yet.

I knew it is better to say "included" than "usable" :D

Thanks for confirming though :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Right, they were implemented to the editor. But you can't see it in the game yet.

Good news! a sure sign things are moving in the right direction.

I'm extremely stoked for this map, it's gonna be awesome to climb in the Spitfire or Bf109 and go for a spin on this map.

Keep up the great work Racoon :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

........happy days ahead:pilotfly:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Racoon,

Would you be able to tell us what date the Normandy map is being built around? Just wondering which of the ALGs might be included and at what point of the invasion it has been constructed around. I don't recall seeing that information anywhere yet. This would help us plan ahead and give us an idea of what to expect. Missions take some time to create so it would be nice to start forming some ideas and let the creativity start flowing. :) I understand if it has not all been decided yet.

Also, have trains in Normandy been confirmed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Wasnt it 1944?

(Since it was titled and marketed 1944 by the original studio before E.D. took over)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs