"Failed to get authorization data. Error code is: 502"

Numien

After changing some settings, DCS needed to restart, and on the second start (plus a few more tries after that) it gave me an error box saying "Failed to get authorization data. Error code is: 502" and wouldn't let me use any module using the new authentication method.

This only lasted a few minutes, so wasn't a big deal, but it could potentially be a problem in the future.

If I recall my HTTP error codes, 502 is "service unavailable" so I'm guessing the auth server was either down or overloaded.

Perhaps if that happens, it should fall back to cached auth data (which, at least in my case, should be available), similar to if it's starting up without an Internet connection, instead of just giving an error and blocking access?

Edit:

Seems I recalled incorrectly, service unavailable is 504. Code 502 is gateway timeout. Probably the same cause though.

Edited by Numien

As I mentioned in the first post, it only lasted for a few minutes before it started working again. This is a "might be a good idea for a future improvement" post.

Edit:

What that does is flushes the Windows DNS cache, which is useful if it contains an incorrect entry because said entry has just changed.

It would be a good suggestion if it was still a problem.

Edited by Numien

What that does is flushes the Windows DNS cache, which is useful if it contains an incorrect entry because said entry has just changed.

It would be a good suggestion if it was still a problem.

Thanks,

Appreciate it the answer.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS