Mig21 Flaps Warthog Support please

TJTAS

When you get around to fixing the flaps keys for the Mig-21 could we please get 3 position support for the TM Warthog. As there are only 3 positions for the flap "buttons" in the sim this would be ideal. I notice this works on the Hawk as well as the A-10 so it should be possible.

Try adding this lines to ...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua (make a backup of this file first) you can assign 3 position switch for flaps control.

Just bellow the line:

--************** Planseta *********************************************************************

Place:

--Alternate Flaps
{down=device_commands.Flaps0,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,up=device_commands.Flaps25,value_down=1.0,value_up=1.0,name='Alternate Flaps Up',category='Flight Controls'},
{down=device_commands.Flaps45,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,up=device_commands.Flaps25,value_down=1.0,value_up=1.0,name='Alternate Flaps Down',category='Flight Controls'},

You need assign only switch up for Flap Up and switch down for Flap Down because when you move the switch for middle position the previous position (Up or Down) is turned OFF (due changes in 1.5 flapes control) and flapes move to middle position.

And be prepared to do this again when new update was released - if no official changes was done. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

If you use the Target Script Editor to configure your Warthog you can also use the following script code to assign the 3 position Flaps switch:

MapKey (&Throttle, FLAPU, PULSE+L_SHIFT+'f');
MapKeyR (&Throttle, FLAPU,PULSE+'f');
MapKey (&Throttle, FLAPM, 0);
MapKey (&Throttle, FLAPD, PULSE+'f');
MapKeyR (&Throttle, FLAPD, PULSE+L_SHIFT+'f');

This won't be affected by new updates, however if your switch position doesn't match the actual flaps position at the start of the session you'll need to fully extend/retract the flaps once to get it synced.

• 1 year later...

Thank you

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

• 3 months later...

I somehow managed a way to make it a 3 way button in the right TARGET software, no scripting.

I will post the solution when Im back home today. It is fairly simple and does not need to be synced with the actual flaps position :)

So, its actually not a big deal. I basically just bound the buttons on the FlapSwitch of the WarthogThrottle to deploy flaps, flaps 0 and flaps 45.

button F, Numbuttons 3 and 1

Like that, in whatever position the switch is in the beginning, it will select the right one in the MIG. So no need to synchronize Warthog SwitchPosition to MigFlaps-Switch position.

for instance, my Warthog Switch is on position 45° but right after spawning in, the switch in the cockpit is 0°. Putting the switch on the one step forward to the 25° Position, the switch in the cockpit goes from forward to middle position -> done :smilewink:

111.thumb.jpg.3d0d21c9b8d9f099aedfcbca47b10221.jpg

222.thumb.JPG.34a212e4933ca938bee688d875e0150d.JPG

333.thumb.JPG.fda3d544716cf7d394e6c90449e01d99.JPG

4444.thumb.JPG.b634958b264f04bdcf69a06f68ddc134.JPG

• 11 months later...

Bump. +1

This wonderful module really needs to support the Warthog's ON-OFF-ON flap switch.

It should be a quality criteria for all modules, especially for vital systems such as flaps and landing gear (using, for example, the Warthog's A-10C autopilot switch.

Edited by Jack McCoy

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

As the Warthog HOTAS is by far the most commonly used control system per the poll on these forums, it would make sense that at least the most commonly used controls be implemented to support Warthog 2-position and 3-position toggle switches. Flaps and landing gear switches are by far the most commonly used switches in many aircraft that need custom scripting to work correctly. The MiG-21 is one of the biggest offenders in terms of the number of switches I need to customize. I have already requested standardized support for Warthog style switches in another post because I am tired of having to copy my custom lua scripts every time a patch is released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]