Going to 2.5 OB from 2.1.1 and 1.5.6

CrackerJack

I've been away for a while and want to install 2.5 OB. I currently have 2.1.1 and 1.5.6 installed. I would like to have only 2.5 OB installed. What is the best way to go about this? Thanks

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

uninstall all else and clean install from the web. it will take a while buuuuut as for now, users seems to get better performance with clean install.

Im so happy that I found DCS, the free time i might have had - gone :suspect:

Go to digitalcombatsimulator.com and use the 2.5 open beta download button.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

i updated from 1.5 to 2.5 a few days ago, and upgraded my pc at the same time, and had comfortable 50-60fps all the time, and the game looked great.

then i read somewhere, that legacy settings and so on can cause problems, so i deleted anything mod-related, and renamed my dcs folder in "saved games"-

and started the dcs_updater.exe with the repair parameter-

did all the settings and key bindings again, and now have comfortable 80-90 fps all the time, and, be that placebo or not, the game seems to look even nicer. can highly recommend to do a reinstall.

As others have said: Best way is to just uninstall both DCS installations and do a fresh install of 2.5 Open Beta.

As an alternative, you can also upgrade one of your DCS installations, but that can cause problems if you don't delete your old settings.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm having troubles getting it installed, there is 80 gigs of free space on that drive.

I uninstalled all of the other versions, trying to install 2.5 OB

Can someone advise me what to do?

I added the autoupdate log in attachment.

Greetings

It seems like it has some problems downloading the new Caucasus map. I would just try to run "Repair DCS" and if that doesn't work I would manually delete the Caucasus terrain folder and see if that solves the problem.

If I were to rename my current 1.5.8 folder, "C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World" in my case, to something such as "C:\Eagle Dynamics\Hide_DCS World", and of course rename the saved game folder (C:\Users\myname\Saved Games\DCS),

and then if I were to do the install of DCS World 2.5, would it be the the same as uninstalling 1.5.8, and accomplishing a full 2.5 install, or would the DC World installer look for, and find the moved/renamed 1.5.8 folders and files, and still copy from them?

If that makes sense.

As the installation path is defined in the windows registry it should work just like a fresh install if you do what you said.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I deleted the caucasus map.

Unable to repair in the updater util because it doesn't recognize it as a valid build.

I click the DCS OB icon, download restarts, now it has downloaded 7Gigs while the window says it should only download 6,2Gigs, it does this every time, after a while i get the message:

Server capacity may be limited at the moment. Please, try again later.

I can try a terminal repair but then i'm out of ideas...

What seems to happen is the files get extracted into the download folder, but they do not get moved to the DCS OB folder for some reason.

I moved them manually

Now updater utility sees the open beta, installing planes atm

:music_whistling: