SoftTH NEWS - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #81
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Smil View Post
Follow this link, it will take you to this link which will take you back to the original link, which is about early obsolete BS1 and contains a hundred posts...
Do you try to make > FUN < out of me?
Well - this problem exist since HDR+Sun-glare was introduced.
This was with BS2 (not BS1) and is up to date still there.

So the link explains everything about the Sun-glare-bug with M-Monitors. (when read carefully)

BTW: If you have your monitors at 60Hz.
you can save some energy and also some CPU cycles for other things if you set in DCS World\Config\graphics.cfg line#329 your MaxFPS = 59; - you won't notice a difference.

Last edited by PeterP; 08-01-2012 at 05:41 PM.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #82
Weltensegler

Reputation power: 13
Weltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really nice

Quote:
BTW: If you have your monitors at 60Hz.
you can save some energy and also some CPU cycles for other things if you set in DCS World\Config\graphics.cfg line#329 your MaxFPS = 59; - you won't notice a difference.
Exactly, don't use DCS as stress test. Your GPU could run cooler

Alternatively get a stereo screen that is capable of running the 120Hz mono or get this new piece of technology here:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1343285045

...144 freakin' Hz
--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA
--> https://www.twitch.tv/weltensegler

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274
Weltensegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #83
doveman

Reputation power: 11
doveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nice

Just wondering whether using just MaxFPS=29 and in-game Vsync, or with SoftTH with Vsync on in both that and DCS, plus smoothing and triple-buffering enabled in SoftTH, as per the post below, will work best to give a smooth 30FPS on a single display?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...5&postcount=21

Once I add Helios on a second monitor, will SoftTH's smoothing, Vsync and Triple-Buffering still be usable or do they not work on dual-screen setups?
doveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #84
Weltensegler

Weltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really niceWeltensegler is just really nice

In my setup 29 or 30 doesn't make a difference (at least with vsync on) and believe me I would see a single drop.
vsync in softTH doesn't do anything without the ingame v-sync on either.
But in all possible cases of FPS;vsync etc ...my outta screens judder...though they show the same fps as the super smooth middle one.
With my old single monitor setup I had better results with maxfps=29 though
Try it! best to go wide angle and look to the side to judge judder.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #85
doveman

doveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nicedoveman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weltensegler View Post
In my setup 29 or 30 doesn't make a difference (at least with vsync on) and believe me I would see a single drop.
vsync in softTH doesn't do anything without the ingame v-sync on either.
But in all possible cases of FPS;vsync etc ...my outta screens judder...though they show the same fps as the super smooth middle one.
With my old single monitor setup I had better results with maxfps=29 though
Try it! best to go wide angle and look to the side to judge judder.
OK thanks.

I'm still not clear whether I should use smoothing, vsync and triple-buffering in SoftTH when I use it (either for single or dual display) or not though, if anyone knows.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #86
Weltensegler

Use vsync and when running an instant mission for example hit right ctrl+G (or was it right shift? you'll find out) then you see the fps curve (push G afterwards bc ur landing gear will extract too )...if it has spikes you can try smoothing which is Rctrl+E or something and see if the spikes are gone then. If there is no difference then leave if off.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #87
PeterP
Veteran

PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Is there any way to eliminate the stretching effect to the left and right monitors with SoftTH?

Also, what can I do to correct the monitor bezel width. Thanks

crank
Is this the stretching you experience?

There is no way to fix it with SoftTH.

But you can counteract it a little:
You can squeeze the aspect a little at the sides.
That means to render 1200 instead 1000 pixels at the side monitors.

Example for three 1000x700 screens

instead using 3000x700 as total render use 3400x700

and do it like this:

Head1 (left):
sourceRect=0,0,1200,700
transportResolution=1000x700

Primary(middle):
sourceRect=0,1200,1000,700

Head2(right):
sourceRect=0,2400,1200,700

Bezel compensation :

1. first add the bezel-pixel-size to the total resolution in DCS and in the SoftTHconfig.

-you can measure exactly how many pixel to add with pixelwindow and/or using a real ruler and a little maths .

2. than re-adjust the screen-content position by editing the
X value in the

sourceRect=X,Y,width,height

for the middle and right head.

Example for three 1000x700 screens with two bezels each 100px:

Total render: 3200x700

Head 1 (left)
sourceRect=0,0,1000,700

Primary (middle)
sourceRect=1100,0,1000,700

Head 2 (right)
sourceRect=2200,0,1000,700

Reminder: When you can't read something that is hidden in the Bezels:
Use AppKey+S to draw everything in the primary head .
(look up the hotkeys in the SoftTH ReadMe)

Things you want to know:
A Plea for View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users. - ED Forums

Last edited by PeterP; 09-13-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #88
doveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weltensegler View Post
Use vsync and when running an instant mission for example hit right ctrl+G (or was it right shift? you'll find out) then you see the fps curve (push G afterwards bc ur landing gear will extract too )...if it has spikes you can try smoothing which is Rctrl+E or something and see if the spikes are gone then. If there is no difference then leave if off.
Thanks. DCS started crashing on me and I found out one of my RAM sticks has gone bad suddenly, so I'm going to wait until I get them replaced before testing DCS any more.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #89
metalnwood

Reputation power: 18
metalnwood is just really nicemetalnwood is just really nicemetalnwood is just really nicemetalnwood is just really nicemetalnwood is just really nicemetalnwood is just really nicemetalnwood is just really nicemetalnwood is just really nicemetalnwood is just really nicemetalnwood is just really nicemetalnwood is just really nice

Peter, that is an interesting idea to squeeze the side view. I hadnt thought of that and no doubt it is a bit more framerate friendly than rendering 6000x1920 and only using the center 4000 pixels.

I must say that with the portrait/landscape/portrait the distortion is much less distracting anyway.
metalnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #90
PeterP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnwood View Post
6000x1920 and only using the center 4000 pixels.
This sounds strange to me - do I get it right:
You are rendering a 6000x1920 camera view-port but only displaying 4000x1920 on your screens?!

This sounds like your settings could use some optimisation.

Please post your
-config.SoftTHconfig
-monitorsetup.lua
-options.lua
And tell me the native res of your monitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnwood View Post
I must say that with the portrait/landscape/portrait the distortion is much less distracting anyway.
That's no surprise - as your settings are much closer to a 1:1 aspect as the normal TH-screen setting - usually 16:3.

Tags
softth