SoftTH NEWS - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #21
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Hi Kuky !
I hope you remember...
I was composing a SoftTH profile for you that should make it possible for you to enjoy the sun-glare with HDR on...
and you reported back that this isn't working for you...

Today I found the time to modify it a little to be able to test this profile at my system and I had the sun-glare working without problems as you can see at the attachment (btw: I use a tweaked version of divieplanes sun-glare mod - that why it looks a little different...)

So: would you please try it again with the files I did attached ? - I just want to understand why this didn't worked for you?

This is the config.SoftThconfig that is attached.

Spoiler:
[main]
renderResolution=1920x1755
nonlocalFormat=RGB16D
keepComposition=1
smoothing=0
debugD3D=0
zClear=0
vsync=0
tripleBuffer=0
screenshotFormat=jpg
dllPathD3D9=auto
dllPathDXGI=auto
dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]
forceResolution=0
antialiasing=0
processAffinity=1
FOVForceHorizontal=0
FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]
compatibleIB=0
compatibleTex=0
compatibleVB=0
enableVBQuirk=1

[head_primary]
sourceRect=0,0,1920,1200
screenMode=1920x1200

[head_1]
; Autodetected as \\.\DISPLAY1 at AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
devID=1
sourceRect=0,1200,555,555
destRect=145,60,555,555
transportResolution=555x555
transportMethod=auto
noSync=0
fpsLimit=15

[head_2]
; Autodetected as \\.\DISPLAY2 at AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
devID=2
sourceRect=555,1200,555,555
destRect=115,58,555,555
transportResolution=555x555
transportMethod=auto
noSync=0
fpsLimit=15
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SoftTH_dcs.exe_2012_01_28_13_15_56_43.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	807.7 KB
ID:	61896   Click image for larger version

Name:	SoftTH_dcs.exe_2012_01_28_13_16_02_17.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	811.0 KB
ID:	61897   Click image for larger version

Name:	SoftTH_dcs.exe_2012_01_28_13_17_12_4.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	809.8 KB
ID:	61898  

Last edited by PeterP; 08-24-2013 at 05:09 PM.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #22
Kuky
Veteran

Reputation power: 278
Kuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant future

I got HDR working alright, I have to thank you again for helping out!

I want to add though that I actually had two more crashes today, both were about 10-15min in game, and I think it was caused by me changing enableVBQuirk=1 in config.SoftTHconfig and/or using using DestRect function. I reverted my settings back to 1920x1800 instead of 1920x1755 and deleted the DestRect lines in monitor.lua and changed back enableVBQuirk=0 and after that I was able to fly twice for long time without issue. There is still definitely something wrong with these graphics drivers for HD7970.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #23
PeterP
Veteran

PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for dropping the note that DestRect+HDR was working for you... (even if it was not very stable).
So I can finally stop to scratching my head...

Old 02-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #24
deskoilot

Reputation power: 6
deskoilot is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deskoilot

peter P, Need help Trying to have abris and shkval on my left monitor and the game Black Shark (cockpit view) on the primary screen. tried using soft TH but when I start the game error warning says that "d3dx10_42.dll is not loaded" try reloading program. My system is Windows XP 2002 w/sp-3.I donot know to post pictures or my opitions lua file to this thread. I had them all ready to go for you. my main screen is 23'hp2009 and my #2 screen is a 17' Dell CRT. I don't want one continus screen. Please help
deskoilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #25
PeterP
Veteran

peter P, Need help Trying to have abris and shkval on my left monitor and the game Black Shark (cockpit view) on the primary screen. tried using soft TH but when I start the game error warning says that "d3dx10_42.dll is not loaded" try reloading program.
My system is Windows XP 2002 w/sp-3.
*sigh*
SoftTH 2 works only at win7 or vista...
(Its written in the Readme)
And SoftTH 1 works for XP but dose't have the features you are requesting - but you are not very clear in your posting why you want to use SoftTh... I can just start guessing that you want to run DCS in Fullscren or something like this....?

I donot know to
post pictures or my opitions lua file to this thread.
I had them all ready to go for you.>Reply > go advanced > scroll down to "manage attachments" > load up a picture

my main screen is 23'hp2009 and my #2 screen is a 17' Dell CRT. I don't want one continus screen. Please help

Nice that I now know which size your screens are... but its all about resolution...

I have a IPhone that is 3.5 inch and has a 960x640 resolution - and I have also a 17 inch display that has 1280x1024. - I hope you get my point.

I don't want one continus screen.
Please elaborate more on this.

This is what I know from you:
-You have two screens on
-You want the shkval/abris on the left secondary (17") screen -and the Cockpit on the right that is your primary (23")

So what does "not continus" mean in this context ?

1.- I need your exact Desktop arrangement
2.- I need the resolution of each monitor
3.- are you able to force the secondary screen to run the same resolution as your primary?
4.- tell me also which GPU you have
5.- tell me how the Abris/Shkval should appear on the left screen. (example: Abris on left side using the whole vertical height/Shkval right of it, Vertical Centred)

When I have all this info I could write a "MonitorSetup".lua in no time for you.

-

Last edited by PeterP; 02-12-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #26
deskoilot

Reputation power: 6
deskoilot is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deskoilot

1, 17" monitor to my left, 23" center
2, 1024x768
3, yes
4, Nvidia, Ge Force 8400 GS
5, abris on right sideusing all vertical and shkval on left vertical centered.

"not continus" what this means is that would like to have two seperate screens.
thank you very much for all that you have done for me.

Last edited by deskoilot; 08-25-2014 at 02:22 AM.
deskoilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #27
Zenga

Reputation power: 7
Zenga has a spectacular aura aboutZenga has a spectacular aura aboutZenga has a spectacular aura aboutZenga has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,

I'm buying a 8" Lilliput UM-80/C for exporting one of the MFDs to that monitor. Initially, it will be only a single MFD since I only have one video card (and my motherboard does not support two) so I cannot hook up 3 displays...at least for now . My main screen is a Samsung 24" LCD.

Does SoftTH help for my planned setup? I've read somewhere that you are forced to run DCS: A-10C in windowed mode when running more than one screen - and therefore one has to run SoftTH for Fullscreen mode. But that was all for users with multiple "main screens" (main camera view shared on 2 or 3 screens), not with a simple export of a single MFD.

So in one sentence: When I want to have fullscreen mode and a secondary monitor displaying the MFD, do I have to use SoftTH? Any other up's or down's in that respect (FPS,....)?

Thanks in advance!
Zenga
Zenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #28
PeterP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deskoilot View Post
"not continus" what this means is that would like to have two seperate screens.
thank you very much for all that you have done for me.
I hope you know that this means that you will not be able to run BlackScark1 in fullscren because of this - and I'm worried a little if your 8400GS will be able to handle this...

anyway,

Attached are the files you will need for your set-up - I also included a new NVG-mask.
I tested all in win-XP on my dual-boot in the exact same configuration like you have on BlackShark1.

>Please extract the contend of this zip inside your Ka-50 installation folder and integrate/overwrite if needed.

The right "Shkval+ABRIS+Camera 2048x768.lua" will be already selected if you start Ka-50 .

But before you start BlackShark the first time you must run the "Phantom Monitor Fix" in the background - or the simulation will be only centred in you primary screen. And as we a running BS1 in 2042x1024 - it will not look very user-friendly on a 1024x768 monitor with out this simple but brilliant piece of code...
Download it here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...892#post633892

Have fun - and report back! - but do this in your original thread: confused on dual monitor hookup
(I have subscribed to it.)

Last edited by PeterP; 08-24-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #29
PeterP
Veteran

Zenga:
Does SoftTH help for my planned setup?
Yes

I've read somewhere that you are forced to run DCS: A-10C in windowed mode when running more than one screen - and therefore one has to run SoftTH for Fullscreen mode.

There is nothing like "multiple main screens"
Windows has only one "mainscreen" all others will be secondary screens"
well - you can "expand" this main-screen with your GPU driver if the monitors have the same specifications . AMD>"Eyefinity" ; NVIDIA>"Surround"
But if you have screens that can't run at the same specs - you only can do this with SoftTH for DX9 applications. and many more things like maintaining the aspectratio of difrent sized screens and even showing only parts of the render in a "Window"(more info about this >>> "destination rectangle")
And you are able to use Helios while DCS is in fulscreen-mode on the same Monitor that shows the export!
Things you can't do with "Eyefinity" or "Surround"

But that was all for users with multiple "main screens"(main camera view shared on 2 or 3 screens), not with a simple export of a single MFD.
Its absolute irrelevant what you show- The GPU doesn't care if this is contend of a MFCD or a HUD of the main camera.

So in one sentence: When I want to have fullscreen mode and a secondary monitor displaying the MFD, do I have to use SoftTH? Any other up's or down's in that respect (FPS,....)?

Yes - you will only be able to do this with SoftTH.
There are many "up's or down's " - but everything with SoftTH will be better as running in windowed mode.

BTW: getting a card from AMD will allow you to attach a minimum of three monitors out of the box.

Last edited by PeterP; 02-13-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #30
Zenga

Reputation power: 7
Zenga has a spectacular aura aboutZenga has a spectacular aura aboutZenga has a spectacular aura aboutZenga has a spectacular aura about

Hi Peter,

many thanks for the clear explanation.

Well, that the GPU doesn`t care whether it outputs a camera view (thats what I meant by "main screens") or the MFD was clear to me. The question was more whether it makes a difference for the game. But your last answer made it clear there´s no alternative to SoftTH when I want to have a fullscreen mode on my primary screen and the MFD on a secondary (and later another MFD on a third screen).

Guts Nächtle
Zenga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
softth