JESTER AI - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 06:41 AM   #51
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 21
QuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra847 View Post
JESTER is one of the last pieces to be done for the F-14. Make no mistake, it will be very rudimentary (in terms of the total amount of available routines and total effectiveness) in the beginning. The idea is to have a solid foundation upon which we can expand and make it a very realistic and great flying companion.

Building a good AI takes a lot of time, and we'd rather release the F-14 with a Jester that can handle basic functionality and make you modestly combat effective. However, don't expect it to be anywhere near its' final form at that stage.

We'll go into more detail on this as we begin to form a solid idea of exactly how EA will look feature-wise. Right now we're still developing.
2018 will be a year of product improvement at Heatblur, as we will be focusing almost exclusively on the Viggen and Tomcat until both are perfect and content rich. Jester will be a big part of that roadmap.

Hope that clarifies a little! Hopefully we can do a JESTER video in the next few months.
Thanks, these general information about development plans are very welcomed (at least by me)!

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:46 AM   #52
DoomEngine

Reputation power: 2
DoomEngine has a spectacular aura aboutDoomEngine has a spectacular aura aboutDoomEngine has a spectacular aura aboutDoomEngine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
2018 will be a year of product improvement at Heatblur, as we will be focusing almost exclusively on the Viggen and Tomcat until both are perfect and content rich.
Welp, "soon(TM)", just flew out the window...
Old 09-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #53
Mking

Mking is on a distinguished road

@cobra coming the jesterai as update for the cat ?

Hydro H100i with 4790k @ 4,5 ghz all cores, Asrock z97 extreme 4, 32gb ddr3 1600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Palit Gamerock 1080gtx Oc Thrustmaster Warthog and th pedals

Longe life The Cat !
Mking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:34 AM   #54
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 21
QuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mking View Post
@cobra coming the jesterai as update for the cat ?
He already answered that:
Quote:
JESTER is one of the last pieces to be done for the F-14. Make no mistake, it will be very rudimentary (in terms of the total amount of available routines and total effectiveness) in the beginning. The idea is to have a solid foundation upon which we can expand and make it a very realistic and great flying companion.

Building a good AI takes a lot of time, and we'd rather release the F-14 with a Jester that can handle basic functionality and make you modestly combat effective. However, don't expect it to be anywhere near its' final form at that stage.

We'll go into more detail on this as we begin to form a solid idea of exactly how EA will look feature-wise. Right now we're still developing.
2018 will be a year of product improvement at Heatblur, as we will be focusing almost exclusively on the Viggen and Tomcat until both are perfect and content rich. Jester will be a big part of that roadmap.

Hope that clarifies a little! Hopefully we can do a JESTER video in the next few months.
Basic JESTER functionality at release, which will be enhanced later (by updates of course).

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #55
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 13
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomEngine View Post
Welp, "soon(TM)", just flew out the window...
I thought the EA for the F14 would be in 2017. Barring death or injury, that was the kind of outlook from Heatblur at least. Still hope they release it in some form this year, but it looks like it will probably be Christmas at the earliest.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:13 AM   #56
westr

Reputation power: 10
westr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
I thought the EA for the F14 would be in 2017. Barring death or injury, that was the kind of outlook from Heatblur at least. Still hope they release it in some form this year, but it looks like it will probably be Christmas at the earliest.
Great time for a release though.
westr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:11 PM   #57
brianjmac

brianjmac has a spectacular aura aboutbrianjmac has a spectacular aura aboutbrianjmac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by westr View Post
Great time for a release though.
Anytime before January 1, 2018 will be a great time for release! I don't know if we can handle the release being pushed again into another year!

Cobra stated, "2018 will be a year of product improvement at Heatblur, as we will be focusing almost exclusively on the Viggen and Tomcat until both are perfect and content rich."

To have "product improvement in 2018," you need a product so hopefully it is still on track for a 2017 Alpha release.
OS: Windows 10 64-bit | CPU: Intel i5-7600K @4.6GHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming 11GB | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3200MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB and 250GB | MoBo: ASUS Prime Z270-A | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1 | Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Monitor: ASUS 27" 1920x1080p 60Hz | Saitek X-55 HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Headset
brianjmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:36 AM   #58
bC3660

Reputation power: 3
bC3660 will become famous soon enoughbC3660 will become famous soon enough

I don't think we will see it till after the F/A-18 and Hormuz map release.
bC3660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #59
Atooyi

Reputation power: 1
Atooyi will become famous soon enoughAtooyi will become famous soon enough

well, based on my flights on sa342 and l-39 with my front seat pal, I would say flying the bird with another real guy in the cockpit is something else, just imagine the atmosphere of cockpit during tight dogfights. oh man it's going to be awesome. chit chats and comms in between two real guys in cockpits, that's why I would fly tomcat instead of hornet in servers if my flying buddy is available for the front seat.
Atooyi is offline   Reply With Quote