HUD And ABRIS Fuzzy Text And Symbology! 2.5.6

Murey2

Hello.

I use VR the O+ and before, I remember it to have been way less fuzziness but after the new cockpit, the HUD and ABRIS is way more fuzzy to the level that I need to use the zoom feature to clearly read stuff!

Also on Screen same thing! and below is some pics to show that (Remember seen in real life is way worst!).

https://ibb.co/7kFyKTb

https://ibb.co/YZ71xSk

https://ibb.co/8m5nDQz

https://ibb.co/1RnMhNN

20200225165349-1.jpg

20200225165339-1.jpg

20200225165336-1.jpg

20200225165413-1.jpg

• Like 1

Turn down the Hud and Abris brightness to cope with the over bloom. In night ops I always have to fiddle with brightness knob to see clearly from far

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Nope! Actually I have same problem at day time as well, just choose night time to showcase that issue in a clearer way.

So, day time the ABRIS and HUD still fuzzy as well actually at that tie when I saw the issue! and if you look for footage for the Ka-50 HUD it's way cleaner.

• ED Team

We will be adjusting the contrast levels in a future update, this may help.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This has been an issue since DCS 2.0 was called EDGE. In 1.x the LED numbers, ABRIS, and HUD were tack sharp. In 2.0, a faint glow was added that made them look slightly blurry:

qA4GuZul.jpg

2.5.6 kicked it into overdrive and makes it look like a cheap bloom effect from a mid-2000's game.

• Like 1

There's also some issue more prominent in 2.5.6, where once you zoom out, the text on displays becomes thicker and less sharp, to the point the letters merge together. It's not only in Ka-50 but also Hornet, Viper and other aircraft. Just compare how the displays look when zoomed in and zoomed out.

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I'm using VR (Rift-S) and I concur that the HUD is a bit blurry, especially the lower half, it makes it really hard to pick out targets. Also, the HMD is also out of focus (yes, I adjusted the reticle settings), but it still seems far too close to my eye making it fuzzy and out of focus. This is made even worse by the HUD glass being a bit blurry, and just compounds the problem. The view either side of the HUD, and the rest of the cockpit glass, the view seems fine and in focus.

There's also some issue more prominent in 2.5.6, where once you zoom out, the text on displays becomes thicker and less sharp, to the point the letters merge together. It's not only in Ka-50 but also Hornet, Viper and other aircraft. Just compare how the displays look when zoomed in and zoomed out.

I'm using VR (Rift-S) and I concur that the HUD is a bit blurry, especially the lower half, it makes it really hard to pick out targets. Also, the HMD is also out of focus (yes, I adjusted the reticle settings), but it still seems far too close to my eye making it fuzzy and out of focus. This is made even worse by the HUD glass being a bit blurry, and just compounds the problem. The view either side of the HUD, and the rest of the cockpit glass, the view seems fine and in focus.

Yes! Exactly my problem.

Like I can't read the HUD clearly until I zoom on it. and same with ABRIS.

• 1 year later...