Upgraded Computer and forgot to de-activate modules, now struggling to re-activate

ElCoyote_

Hi,

My Windows 10 computer (Precision T5810) died and I got a replacement machine (Precision T7910) that is very similar. I transferred my HDD, HBA, NICs Video Card.

Windows 10 Pro seem to have tolerated this pretty well but DCS World didn't: I cannot re-activate both of my purchases: A-10A and F-15C.

When DCS starts, it says that the H/W has changed and that A-10A must be re-activated.

When I select '[Retry]', it shows another window with my Serial Number in it. From there, selecting '[Next]' goes to:

- Automatic Activation in Progress.

And then:

- Activation is successfully completed. License parameters: Activations left: 8

(that number is always '8').

From there, selecting '[OK]' discards the previous wino and nothing else happens.

If, instead of selecting '[Retry]' for A-10A, I select '[Exit]' -then- I get the same type of window (3 choices: Exit, Error report and Retry) but for the F-15C and the same sequence happens again (for the F-15C).

I've tried 'I already have an activation key' (which I obtained from StarForce using the info provided by DCS) but it didn't make a difference: I always get prompted to Re-Activate when I start DCS World.

The only way for me to start DCS World at all is to select '[Exit]' for both the A-10A and the F-15C but then those two planes only function in 'demo' mode (the Map shows up immediately and controls have no effect). The SU-25T works fine.

Any ideas?

I think the old starforce system is a PITA, fortunately when I did a recent upgrade I noticed more of my modules and all the maps where over on the new system tied to user account.

Don't get me wrong I understand copy protection is a necessary thing but as you say it need not be that difficult.

Good to see your back up and running.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.