HARM

oldpop

The target elevation reference parameter sets whether the target altitude is in MSL or HAE. MSL = elevation above mean sea level and HAE = height above ellipsoid. GPS uses a standard ellipsoid (WGS84) as a model of the earth, so this setting allows you to set coordinates in the receiver's native format, or the regular meters/feet above sea level you'd find in a map etc. MSL coordinates are automatically converted to HAE by the onboard systems in the JDAM.

And don't worry about the "above" part of HAE; it accepts negative numbers as well. Anything between -100m / -328ft to +10000m / 32808 ft.

I learned something entirely new there. Thanks! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

İt's coming !

I hope mp server owners don't prohibit using harms like some of them do for amraam and 9x

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I hope for HARM release this Wednesday....but Wags said something about next week!

Yes, but he said that yesterday (Sunday), which was last week.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I grew up with Sunday being the start of the week, and every calendar I have used in my 31 years of existence has started the week on a Sunday, which would make his statement this week.

Well that's weird, because it's the exact opposite for me. :huh:

I grew up with learning that Monday is the start of the week and all calenders I've seen start the week on Monday (including the MS Outlook calendar). I'm not religious in any way, but according to the bible, isn't Sunday supposed to be the 7th day where god rested after his work was done when he created the earth?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Are we talking the week as a whole, or specifically the idea of a "work week," which for me would start on Monday as well.

Whole week, as Sunday is usally not part of a work week.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Must be a regional thing. I grew up in the US where a full week is Sunday to Saturday (work week being Monday to Friday), and now live in Japan where it's pretty much the same; though often a work week here is Monday to Saturday. All my physical calendars, Google calendars, iPhone calendars, and Windows 10 calendar follow the same format.

This reminds me of the "winter starts on a specific date, the fact that it's -10°C and 20cm of snow outside proves nothing!"-discussions regarding the F-14 release window.

I guess you have to think in American to find it logical that the week starts in the middle of, and not after, the weekend :P

The Open Beta is due this week on 16th. The next one is in 2 weeks. It's safe to say he meant this week. Otherwise in 2 weeks.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

One of old newsletters say that CE-2 will get released in 23th which means they are going to do an open beta update that date.

The Open Beta is due this week on 16th. The next one is in 2 weeks. It's safe to say he meant this week. Otherwise in 2 weeks.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Where did they said so? I just remember them saying, that the 16th will be the date for the next update, but I assume it will be an update for the Stable Release as it is still behind the Open Beta since mid-December.

Tornado3 small.jpg

One of old newsletters say that CE-2 will get released in 23th which means they are going to do an open beta update that date.

I am not sure that new modules are only released in Open Beta. One thing for sure, is that Open Beta is released this Wednesday. They rarely release 2 open bite with 1 week difference. Though it did happen.

Will it be possible to target enemy aircraft that have their radar on or even locked at you?

It's definitely possible IRL: http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/10314/the-time-a-f-4g-wild-weasels-anti-radiation-missile-blew-apart-a-b-52s-tail

Tornado3 small.jpg

Will it be possible to target enemy aircraft that have their radar on or even locked at you?

It's definitely possible IRL: http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/10314/the-time-a-f-4g-wild-weasels-anti-radiation-missile-blew-apart-a-b-52s-tail

The HARM, all Anti-Radiation missiles in fact, only have the capability of tracking certain radar types that operate on certain frequencies. In reality if the Aircraft's radar operates within the HARM's detectable bands then it can.

In game, things are different. Radar energy itself is not coded with frequencies and wave lengths. Basic radar is simple - detect object, get object. More advanced radar functionality is coming as DCS matures and who knows what the future holds.

I, personally, would not expect that type of behavior anytime soon.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The HARM, all Anti-Radiation missiles in fact, only have the capability of tracking certain radar types that operate on certain frequencies. In reality if the Aircraft's radar operates within the HARM's detectable bands then it can.

In game, things are different. Radar energy itself is not coded with frequencies and wave lengths. Basic radar is simple - detect object, get object. More advanced radar functionality is coming as DCS matures and who knows what the future holds.

I, personally, would not expect that type of behavior anytime soon.

I know how it works IRL, but I wonder how it will work in DCS?

Tornado3 small.jpg