How to use the F18 AGM-88C?

A Hamburgler

When we can use them it will likely be in direct action mode

Ie we will have a seeker picture on the ddi that shows the threats the harm can see. We then select one prior to firing (LOBL)

Issues we will face are that the distance to a source will be unknown and the range of the missile will be reduced because it will fly an intercept trajectory straight off the rail

Hopefully we get a pre briefed mode as well but I suspect that will come later (launch on a tgt waypoint for a known emitter)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

with Link-16, could a Cougar send a threat which is identified by HTS to a hornet?

Edit: find some interesting

https://books.google.co.jp/books?id=gIIRCZXk47EC&pg=PA132&lpg=PA132&dq=HTS+harm+link-16&source=bl&ots=uZhHAvjxSI&sig=FA-FtmHyH7p6ZtA5HrD_k_KQEaM&hl=zh-CN&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=HTS%20harm%20link-16&f=false

viperForce_P132.png.29aea4406c8ec854ca709611ca805314.png

Edited by RglsPhoto

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

I think they have a special type of targetting pod and same as the GBU10, 12 & 16 and without their respective pods, their pretty much just an attractive decoration.

Incorrect. The HARM can be fired using only its own seeker as sensor, or in Pre-briefed mode in which it targets a coordinate designated in flight planning.

The HTS pod, which only the F-16 carries, enhances the ability to detect, classify and target threats on-the fly whose existence are unknown before flight.

Incorrect. The HARM can be fired using only its own seeker as sensor, or in Pre-briefed mode in which it targets a coordinate designated in flight planning.

The HTS pod, which only the F-16 carries, enhances the ability to detect, classify and target threats on-the fly whose existence are unknown before flight.

The main thing about the HTS is that it provides a range of the emitter in addition to the bearing. That enables optimal flight profiles for the missile and therefore allows for greater range shots.

Not having a ranging capabilty means the HARM cannot be employed to its full potential as the already mentioned and dedicated SEAD assets F-16C/CJs or German Tornado ECR aircraft can do.

Nevertheless I am very much looking forward to lob them from our Hornet soon :)

HARM ... will make for a more balanced approach and online play.

Much as I'm looking forward to it, I'm worried it'll be too effective as far as balance goes.

I'm not expecting the enemy sam sites to be effective at counter-sead. There was that one IADS script, made for dcs 1.5, though it may work still. It then needs to be added to the various missions one would play.

Alternatively, you'd need a player who knows how to do it, doing that instead of flying.

Much as I'm looking forward to it, I'm worried it'll be too effective as far as balance goes.

I'm not expecting the enemy sam sites to be effective at counter-sead. There was that one IADS script, made for dcs 1.5, though it may work still. It then needs to be added to the various missions one would play.

Alternatively, you'd need a player who knows how to do it, doing that instead of flying.

Just put a SA-15 tor next to the radar for the SA-10 it should shoot down harms.

• 3 weeks later...

and now they can

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I dont know, is there a range indicator in other two modes? It will be some kind of stupid, if there are no range for all three modes...

PB will be the only mode where s range can be displayed because PreBrief as I understand it means you know where the target is and feed that data into the hornets system before you takeoff.

The HARM itself or any other onboard sensor on our Charlie are not capable of determining a range to an emitter.

Anyone else not able to shoot HARM's? I can load them up, switch to AG, master arm on, but I have no mode selection available on the left of the STORES MFD, as per Wags HARM video. Just wondering if I've borked my OB install or something

Are you targeting Radar sam's?

You didn't say you selected the HARM? It will show after you selct the HARM missile.

Attached Caucasus FA-18C Weapon Practice mission thats in the quick flight.

I've add Sa-6 and a Tor etc to the mission that will shoot them down. Remove the Tor if you want it easier.

Put it in your MY mission folder

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

Caucasus FA-18C Weapon Practice.miz

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Are you targeting Radar sam's?

You didn't say you selected the HARM? It will show after you selct the HARM missile.

Attached Caucasus FA-18C Weapon Practice mission thats in the quick flight.

I've add Sa-6 and a Tor etc to the mission that will shoot them down. Remove the Tor if you want it easier.

Put it in your MY mission folder

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

Thanks very much! Yes, definitely selected the HARM. There is no entry on the left of the MFD where I can select SP mode (and the others have crosses through them as they aren't implemented yet.

Will try this mission and let you know. Thank you again.