Thrustmaster throttle has to be moved twice before sim will start engines

falcon00

This is new behavior. When I'm in the start up training mission, I have to move my throttles past the detent twice before the sim will detect that I actually moved the throttle to start position. I tried setting sync hotas with sim on start but that didn't fix the issue. Anybody else experiencing this or have a fix. I didn't work like that previously and I'm not sure what changed.

I think it's always been like that.

My SOP is to put the throttles in the idle position before I start the mission, and then after unpausing I move them to off; that seems to get DCS in sync with their physical position, and the engines start fine after that.

The flaps switch also usually ignores the first action, so it's not uncommon for me to accidentally take off without flaps, only noticing my mistake when they won't retract after take-off (having slightly wondered why the aircraft felt so weird during the take-off). :D

There are real world checklist items that will sort out your flaps of course :)

I am always amused by the amount of sim and pc checklists that need doing before a flight.

Is TrackIR running? Clip sound and correctly placed on headphones?

Is TacView running?

Is the Logitec wheel initialised for the pedals (mine fails to self test 1 in 3 times)?

Are the warthog stick switches in the correct location?

Chair at the right height?

Headphone amp on? Headphone selected as default audio device?

Do I have a pen and paper beside me?

Then in the virtual cockpit testing the controls including the pedals does prevent you wasting 10 minutes sparking up the plane to find your joystick isn't working and you need to quit to fix it.

No there was a distinct event where stuff stopped working. I'm not sure what version it was when it changed but it was after the last upgrade. The first thing I noticed is that in air starts, the throttle had to be moved before it synced. That was annoying but not that big a deal. The engines not starting when I move the throttle was a bigger deal to me so I started researching. I found the "sync HOTAS on start" option and that fixed the throttle problem with in air starts. It didn't fix the engine start issue though.

Having to move the throttle twice totally messes up the realism. Little things like that are annoying when you spend thousands to get to as close to real as possible.

Yup, I've also noticed this and I'm certain it didn't use to be like that. I have no idea at what version it started behaving like this though because I had a break of about a year from the A-10.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I had the same problem getting the HOTAS in sync but I bought a new USB card with 4 ports (for stick, throttle and pedals) and the problem disappeared.

Also, there's an option in Misc. to "Synchronize cockpit controls with HOTAS controls at mission start"

Edited by seastate

I had the same behaviour when I installed 1.5 and noticed that I had another controller bound to the Thrust-Axis.

After removing this duplicate binding, everything worked perfectly. Might help to check your axis bindings...

I had the same behaviour when I installed 1.5 and noticed that I had another controller bound to the Thrust-Axis.

After removing this duplicate binding, everything worked perfectly. Might help to check your axis bindings...

BINGO! Nailed it! I had a TON of stuff mapped that shouldn't be there. You brought sexy back! Thanks! :D

• 2 years later...
well here it is 2019 and I'm still having this problem and cannot find any reference to a fix.

Phobon had the answer. You might have missed it. "I had the same behaviour when I installed 1.5 and noticed that I had another controller bound to the Thrust-Axis.

After removing this duplicate binding, everything worked perfectly. Might help to check your axis bindings..."

I can't believe that was three years ago....