[REPORTED] Some Keyboard Controls missing

SGT Coyle

I found a way to create commands for VHF radio tuning and volume.

Both provide 10 steps for adjustment. In order to make these commands available for keyboard and/or HOTAS or button box, the following code lines are added to the respective "default.lua" files:

{down = device_commands.Button_8, cockpit_device_id = devices.VHF_RADIO, value_down = 0.1, name = _('FuG16ZY Tune Up'), category = _('VHF Radio')},
{down = device_commands.Button_8, cockpit_device_id = devices.VHF_RADIO, value_down = -0.1, name = _('FuG16ZY Tune Down'), category = _('VHF Radio')},
{down = device_commands.Button_3, cockpit_device_id = devices.VHF_RADIO, value_down = 0.1, name = _('FuG16ZY Volume Up'), category = _('VHF Radio')},
{down = device_commands.Button_3, cockpit_device_id = devices.VHF_RADIO, value_down = -0.1, name = _('FuG16ZY Volume Down'), category = _('VHF Radio')},

For keyboard control, that file is in the folder "...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Input\Bf-109K-4\keyboard" and for HOTAS/button box in the folder "...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Input\Bf-109K-4\joystick".

The lines must be inserted after this line:

keyCommands = {

and before the matching curly brace. If you are not familiar with LUA editing I recommend you insert them right after the line above. For safe LUA editing, use the free Notepad++.

PS:

I'm wondering about the tuning. There seems to be no indicator for signal level. How do you know that you have found the best frequency?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 6 months later...