Easy comms being forced on

BMGZ06

So I have easy comms unchecked in my DCS options. I go into servers that say no easy comms(local) or easy comms no and the radio is constantly forcing to the wrong frequency no matter what I manually select. The radios are really confusing to get work properly and the manual is not clear on how to fix this issue. I have Select tunes radio checked and extended command set checked in vaicom pref.

If I am just in the DCS main page and not in any server or single player mission at all easy comms is still saying ON. What settings do I need in order for easy comms to remain off and get vaicom to work properly in a server with SRS as well? I checked the SRS integration box and nothing changes. The radio I tune manually still forces to some random freq based on I guess the closest tanker or airfield still. Sometimes I can get it to work but if go to change the frequency again for something else then I am right back into the same situation.

Is this ultimately a screw up on the server owners part? I just went into another one and tuned into ARCO1-1 tanker that said 253mhz. It called Texaco. I looked up in their mission briefing and 3 tankers are have the same frequency??? The same went for the carriers. They were sharing the frequencies with two other airfields. It was Through the Inferno Socal server. Why on earth would they do this? They use SRS as well but if three airfield and tankers share the same frequency how is that even going to work with SRS alone?

1773806762_Annotation2020-05-2813431456.png.668b09ab2286fd4a51d757255b34f152.png

1391151805_Annotation2020-05-281343145.png.ce623ba03ba736bb5144d0eb5ba8e617.png

992341873_Annotation2020-05-28134314.png.3d5a6683dc5ce01c68677b868f6695b4.png

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

VAICOM will display Easy Comms on, until you're in the cockpit. Just the way it is.

I'm not sure I understood your last part. Have you tried the select command after you've tinted correct frequency?

Arco select, Stennis select etc.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

YA it shows easy comms on even in the cockpit and I tried using select after and before the name.

I was flying a mission last nigh with some guys and two of them had very similar issues with vaicom, and it caused crashes so they uninstalled it and just stuck with VA only and stopped having crashing issues. I deactivated it last night after it was somehow causing every radio channel to read as Guard and I couldnt fix it. Once I deactivated it everything went back to normal with voiceattack and had no issues with crashes or radio channels being switched when trying to transmit calls to in game AI with the comms menu.

I mean it is really a pain when even in single player and not using SRS, the program is clearly what was causing the radio channels to switch to a different frequency after manually inputting them. I input the frequency for Batumi manually, and then give the inbound command and it automatically switches to another frequency for either the carrier or another airfield close by. This happened with easy comms off and instant select unchecked. After deactivating vaicom I can input frequencies and then do the normal in game commands with voiceattack I did before without this issue. I am just going to stick with Baileys VA profile as it works well and provides a lot of great functions. Maybe I will give vaicom another go in a couple months to see how things progress. Perhaps it is just due to the open beta updates and suppercarrier module causing some conflicts right now.

The plugin is great when I can get it to work properly.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

There may be a DCS bug at play here, I had the same issue with a server mission of my design.

Even with easy comms set not to enforce in the ME mission options, the check mark for “value” was stuck on and it was still enforcing easy comms.

I ended up saving and re-saving a few times, then it just magically started letting me have both enforce and value check marks off, and with easy comms turned off in my master DCS gameplay settings, it now works.

TL;DR: It turned out to be mission editor weirdness causing this issue for me,

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

yes!I have the same problem! Please someone help me to solve it. When Easy Comunacation ON, I can't choose others airport ATC by "select" "xxx" command. It always choose nearest airport ATC. Why and how to solve this.

yes!I have the same problem! Please someone help me to solve it. When Easy Comunacation ON, I can't choose others airport ATC by "select" "xxx" command. It always choose nearest airport ATC. Why and how to solve this.

I have just tried my system and it works if I remember to slow down and leave a big enough gap between the recipient name and the select command (I normally fly Easy Comms Off). I do this by saying the recipient name, waiting for the confirmation beep that it has been understood and then saying select

Please could you try this again and then post a screenshot of your VA log window so that we can see what is happening.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

YA it shows easy comms on even in the cockpit and I tried using select after and before the name.

I was flying a mission last nigh with some guys and two of them had very similar issues with vaicom, and it caused crashes so they uninstalled it and just stuck with VA only and stopped having crashing issues. I deactivated it last night after it was somehow causing every radio channel to read as Guard and I couldnt fix it. Once I deactivated it everything went back to normal with voiceattack and had no issues with crashes or radio channels being switched when trying to transmit calls to in game AI with the comms menu.

I mean it is really a pain when even in single player and not using SRS, the program is clearly what was causing the radio channels to switch to a different frequency after manually inputting them. I input the frequency for Batumi manually, and then give the inbound command and it automatically switches to another frequency for either the carrier or another airfield close by. This happened with easy comms off and instant select unchecked. After deactivating vaicom I can input frequencies and then do the normal in game commands with voiceattack I did before without this issue. I am just going to stick with Baileys VA profile as it works well and provides a lot of great functions. Maybe I will give vaicom another go in a couple months to see how things progress. Perhaps it is just due to the open beta updates and suppercarrier module causing some conflicts right now.

The plugin is great when I can get it to work properly.

When you are in the cockpit, does the PTT window display the name of the aircraft you are flying? If not, then just delete the export.lua file in your .../Saved Games/<DCS folder>/Scripts folder, and restart VA.

When you are in the cockpit, does the PTT window display the name of the aircraft you are flying? If not, then just delete the export.lua file in your .../Saved Games/<DCS folder>/Scripts folder, and restart VA.

yes it says f18. it even shows the name of the airfield when I hit PTT but the command then changes the frequency as if easy comms is on with instant select nearest atc. this is in multiplayer so it must be a server side setting. It works ok in SP with easy comm off.

I have just tried my system and it works if I remember to slow down and leave a big enough gap between the recipient name and the select command (I normally fly Easy Comms Off). I do this by saying the recipient name, waiting for the confirmation beep that it has been understood and then saying select

Please could you try this again and then post a screenshot of your VA log window so that we can see what is happening.

this is my setting.

10.thumb.jpg.97f5516428bc3c39621160f40506444f.jpg

11.jpg.37477bf4536bed2eb76e1891c6b65944.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.5e235551386e75bbf159def67f9373be.jpg

this is my setting.

Which part of the Caucasus map are you flying on - if you are in the mountains it is possible that Batumi is out of range - use F10 to look at other airfields closer to you and see what happens - this is what I did this morning. In all cases the radio tuned to the correct airfield but only in some cases were responses received. About to head out for exercise but will look further when I get back

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

this is my setting.

If I say select two channel, it works. And I say select 255.000, it also works. Only easy commynication on, ATC can not work well. It is only choosed nearest airport ATC what ever frequency what I preset or I call any others airport.

I was on the Gudauta, A10c quick mission in Caucasus.Even I called "select" “Sochi”, it still can not choose it。
I will try this mission shortly

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much

OK - I think I know what is going on, and it is to do with how the mission has been set up and not VA / VAICOM which are running correctly.

I have just been on the free flight and could not get some airbases to respond. If you enable Allow Options on the Preferences tab of VAICOM you can then push and hold the PTT button and then say Options (keep holding the PTT down). This will then show you the on-screen menu and when I entered the ATC sub menu using 'Take 5' as a command most of the airfields were greyed out. I checked in the DCS Mission Editor and this is because most of the ones near where you start are set to be the opposite coalition and are not therefore available to you.

I could, however select Batumi, Kutaisi etc using both radios but could not select Sochi. Sochi was red coalition and Batumi / Kutaisi were blue. This may not be the exact same mission you were in but it gave me the same recipient not available message that was in your log file

OK - I think I know what is going on, and it is to do with how the mission has been set up and not VA / VAICOM which are running correctly.

I have just been on the free flight and could not get some airbases to respond. If you enable Allow Options on the Preferences tab of VAICOM you can then push and hold the PTT button and then say Options (keep holding the PTT down). This will then show you the on-screen menu and when I entered the ATC sub menu using 'Take 5' as a command most of the airfields were greyed out. I checked in the DCS Mission Editor and this is because most of the ones near where you start are set to be the opposite coalition and are not therefore available to you.

I could, however select Batumi, Kutaisi etc using both radios but could not select Sochi. Sochi was red coalition and Batumi / Kutaisi were blue. This may not be the exact same mission you were in but it gave me the same recipient not available message that was in your log file

I just tested twice.

First, I choosed A10c quick mission free flight. I can use "option" to select an airbase(all airbase are grey whatever I change to correct frequency. It's still grey), no reply. And I change frequency to Batumi manually ,then I called "inbound". However, Gudauta response to me and frequency change to 259.000(Gudauta) automatically.

Second,I choosed F14 quick mission free flight,when I call options, it works when I select a correct freuency. But "select""xxx(airbase) still not work.

It makes me confused. XD

I don't run the steam version so could be wrong about where you need to point, but having looked more closely at your custom path setting on the Config tab this appears to be pointing to your saved games folder rather than your DCS installation folder. It might be worth unchecking this (leave the sliders as they are), close DCS and then close and restart VA to see what happens

SO i can get most of the commands to work now in SP missions and ones I create. I just have issues in multiplayer since the settings are just going to be different and they may not allow player exports. The one thing I noticed since yesterday was the comms menu in game comms up with buttons that are not mapped to it in the controls options. I have one throttle button mapped to it but two others are commanding it which are the ones I have set for PTT in SRS. This was not happening before vaicom. There is nothing else in vaicom commands set to use the throttle buttons. My throttle is not even an active control in vaicom options. SRS doesn't have to be running for these buttons to activate the comms menu either. No other modules are using these buttons to activate the comms menu either. Very odd behavior.

Could the Lua file be FUBAR for vaicom even though I reset it after the last DCS update?

I just tested twice.

First, I choosed A10c quick mission free flight. I can use "option" to select an airbase(all airbase are grey whatever I change to correct frequency. It's still grey), no reply. And I change frequency to Batumi manually ,then I called "inbound". However, Gudauta response to me and frequency change to 259.000(Gudauta) automatically.

Second,I choosed F14 quick mission free flight,when I call options, it works when I select a correct freuency. But "select""xxx(airbase) still not work.

It makes me confused. XD

I have just gone back to basics and run without VA/ VAICOM on and the DCS menu does show all airbases greyed out but you can select them and they respond. I then tried again with VAICOM running and easy comms on with the same result. Finally I turned easy comms off and then got the same results but having to tune the radios first (some of them do not respond when out of range or blocked by the mountains).

In terms of the select command it should be recipient first (i.e. airfield) pause and then select (I think you are already doing this but you have said it the other way round above).

If removing the custom path does not work (see my last post above) I am out of ideas as I cannot replicate the issue