Dynamic Sound Overhaul Mod (New Sounds and SDEF's) 2022 **V3.0 NOW RELEASED**

Nin

• 1 month later...

Is this ovgme ready?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

4 hours ago, Skyracer said:

Is this ovgme ready?

Not "out of the box" it isn't, but can be easily made so. Just put the "tech" folder in Saved Games\DCS\mods location and "Mods" folder inside randomly named folder (eg. "Nin's MiG-21 sound mod") in your OvGME repository where you keep your other mods.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2023 at 1:02 PM, Art-J said:

Not "out of the box" it isn't, but can be easily made so. Just put the "tech" folder in Saved Games\DCS\mods location and "Mods" folder inside randomly named folder (eg. "Nin's MiG-21 sound mod") in your OvGME repository where you keep your other mods.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello @Nin.

It seems there is some compatibility issue of your mod with latest version of Open Beta, 2.8.4.39313. 

During troubleshooting of seemingly unrelated problem of F-86 Sabre Instant Action missions on Normandy 2 map causing DCS crashes, I discovered the problem is somehow caused by the part of your mod which needs to be extracted into Saved Games location. I'm not knowledgeable enough to narrow down which file is the culprit, unfortunately. The mod part that goes into the root folder doesn't cause any problems it seems.

Could you please investigate?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 4/30/2023 at 10:29 PM, Roostyla said:

Hi, I've been trying to use this mod while in multiplayer servers however im getting client is tainted 'mods/aircraft/mig-21bis/cockpit/clickabledata.lua' Is this a limitation of the mod or is there a workaround? Thanks

Just install the tech folder in savedgames, and leave/uninstall the mods folder that's suppose to go in the game directory.

Edited by Th3ChosenOn3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASRock X670E Steel Legend | 64GB (2x32GB) G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000MHz CL32 | XFX RX 7900 XTX Merc 310 24GB GDDR6 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe | Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80+ Platinum (2022) | Meta Quest 3 512GB | Dell S3422DWG 34" 144Hz UWQHD (3440x1440) | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base & Grip with 200mm VPC Flightstick Extension | VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle | VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals | VPC Control Panel #2 & VPC SharKa-50 Control Panel

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As an update to my April post above, I'm happy to report that whatever was causing DCS crash with that mod back then, seems to have been fixed sometime later, because the mod appears to be working OK with the latest Open Beta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a great mod! it really addresses the issue of the MiG-21bis module having sub-par sound effects for today's standards. The audio feedback from the throttle  level and the afterburner helps with knowing what state the engine is running at greatly.

I've been using it for a while and unless I'm mistaken, it used to be IC-compatible.

However, unfortunately i just found out as of 2.9.2.49940, it breaks the IC check for 

mods/aircraft/mig-21bis/cockpit/clickabledata.lua

on servers with "pure scripts" enabled.

if i replace it with the original file, some of the sound effects for e.g. the engines, closing and sealing the cockpit still work. but it will lose all of the nice sounds for the switches/buttons in the cockpit. the vanilla sound effect for the switches simply sound too dull imo.

I really hope there is a way around that!

Edited by VikingSail
  • Like 2