F16 TGP slewing issue

Flightsimnerd

Hey Flightsimnerd,

This means there has to be a waypoint near your target area you can initially slew to and then adjust as necessary.

TMS down, put it into boresite, point at where targets are and TMS up.

You don't need a waypoint for any of this.

Sorry to add another problem here, but I'm experiencing an odd issue with my TGP. TGP is set to AG mode, weapons set to AG mode, CCRP mode selected, Master Arm on, Laser Code set, Laser on, SOI on TGP with TMS down to reset to center.

However, although doing this does show my TGP box on my HUD and TMS up on the target does ground lock to the target I was pointing my box at, the box then continues to float on the HUD as bore sight and does not cage to the locked target on the ground.

I also see a steering cue with heading corrections at the top of my HUD heading tape that I never selected or want. This results in the lack of a pickle countdown on my HUD along with a false CCRP vertical steering line on the HUD.

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry to add another problem here, but I'm experiencing an odd issue with my TGP. TGP is set to AG mode, weapons set to AG mode, CCRP mode selected, Master Arm on, Laser Code set, Laser on, SOI on TGP with TMS down to reset to center.

However, although doing this does show my TGP box on my HUD and TMS up on the target does ground lock to the target I was pointing my box at, the box then continues to float on the HUD as bore sight and does not cage to the locked target on the ground.

I also see a steering cue with heading corrections at the top of my HUD heading tape that I never selected or want. This results in the lack of a pickle countdown on my HUD along with a false CCRP vertical steering line on the HUD.

What am I doing wrong?

Dear "What am I doing wrong"

If I were you, I would contact a guy called "TacticalPascal" on either Youtube or by searching our group Tactical DCS Community.

This is a fairly new group of guys who patiently walk you through any issues you have and are very good at helping even the most basic players.

AND if you wanted to, I would fly with you and walk you through it myself.

Leo

Also, check out this video. At 2:30 mins, he is talking about what you want to hear I think.

Edited by Leostra
adding info

• 1 month later...

Hey @Baitball did you ever find out the cause for this behavior? I'm getting this every now and then, and it's a non-recoverable situation for me when it hits. I have to get out of the plane and into a fresh one to fix it.

Like you, I'm able to slew and lock onto a target, but the pipper on the HUD remains on boresight. Switching SOI etc. doesn't change this one bit.

Getting into a new plane and everything is back to normal for, like the next 5 missions or so. Frankly I think this is simply a bug, since it's not something I can reproduce reliably, nor is it in any way recoverable. Once I see that bomb fall line stuck to one side and the pipper in the middle, I know I have to restart.

Hi guys - since the new update last night the TPOD seems to be behaving better for me. Whilst ED did not mention a tpod update on the change log it is certainly better for me.

However I find that as long as I have a waypoint on my targets from mission editor etc then I can use the TPOD and TMS functions absolutely fine.

It is when I do not have a waypoint and I wish to 'go rogue' with the pod and just slew it around and find my own targets of oppo.

I cannot get it to TMS aft and boresight the pod and if I eventually manage to get it locked onto a target it's hit or miss if I can get point track or wide view etc.

SOI is the TPOD and CCRP mode is enabled for reference.

I'm guessing it's just not finished yet.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Hi guys - since the new update last night the TPOD seems to be behaving better for me. Whilst ED did not mention a tpod update on the change log it is certainly better for me.

However I find that as long as I have a waypoint on my targets from mission editor etc then I can use the TPOD and TMS functions absolutely fine.

It is when I do not have a waypoint and I wish to 'go rogue' with the pod and just slew it around and find my own targets of oppo.

I cannot get it to TMS aft and boresight the pod and if I eventually manage to get it locked onto a target it's hit or miss if I can get point track or wide view etc.

SOI is the TPOD and CCRP mode is enabled for reference.

I'm guessing it's just not finished yet.

The TPOD is deffinatley not finished yet it is missing options and it shouldn't move the waypoint as far as I know, it uses something like a offset.

The issue I have with it is that the TPOD sight gets obstructed before the laser guided bomb hits the target making laser designation above certain altitude impossible,

is that the right behaviour?

Well since the update the other day my food is now working flawlessly as are the ones for the guys in our Virtual Wing who also fly Vipers.

Now I know the update change log did not contain anything specific to the TPOD but all the hotas functions work flawlessly.

Even without putting waypoints on a mission I can just see a target and go TMS aft and it boresights the TPOD and then the slew works fast and smooth and is easy to find TOO.

I'm dead chuffed with it!

Tried the F-16's TGP today for the first time.

(Mostly motivated by the nostalgia, of droping LGBs from 25.000 ft on North Korean vessels at another sim some 5 years ago, and also to compare the F-16's procedures against the F/A-18C.)

After a while writing the 31 steps for LGBs employment at Chuck's guide into paper sheets, I decided to try, and within an hour I could consistently employ the LGBs on the given targets.

Either using waypoint or boresight mode; not without some quirks though.

Might be wrong, but got the following impressions:

- trying to change waypoints (by the increment/decrement switch on ICP) after tweaking with TGP / FLIR page seems a bad idea... because one is 'calling' anything other than the expected waypoints from mission editor;

- also, sometimes the TMS Down (re-center line of sight to boresight) didn't work, really don't know what I was doing wrong;

- some other time, I believe the procedures didn't work (couldn't find the waypoint), because I didn't press the "GB10" pushbutton, although the SMS page had it visible already;

But overall, I liked the current status of the TGP, it seems WIP but doesn't look that bad already.

edit

By the way, using the "cage / uncage" command seems to mess all up.

Anyone knows which command un-designates the target / point / area ?

Thank you.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

So, is there any command to un-designate the T-pod / FLIR target ?

Because without it, I can't get back to waypoint track...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Yep... sometimes the waypoints seem bugged also.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

So as of last patch, CCRP steering cue, which includes the TGP SOI, is now 180 degrees facing away from the steerpoint. Can someone verify to make sure it's not just me?

Probably the same I experienced as in my post above.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

So, could anyone confirm if there is any un-designate command for the TGP or not ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

So, could anyone confirm if there is any un-designate command for the TGP or not ?

The tpod in CCRP mode actually moves the steer point, you cant reset it, it is not normal and it will be corrected as far as I know.

The tpod in CCRP mode actually moves the steer point, you cant reset it, it is not normal and it will be corrected as far as I know.

That's why I was getting the feeling, that the waypoints I created at mission editor were being all messed up after a while...

Thank you for the info.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system